test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug with the lore navigation

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
I'm currently leveling a new character through the adventure zones and each time I get a new piece of lore to read when I hit J it takes me to the AI page and you have to then manually sift through the entire list to find the zone ur in and then scroll and read through them all, all while trying to remember the first few lines you just read on the tooltip which popped up so you know which one is the new one and can read it. It used to take you direct to the new lore entry in the correct adventure location and was just there to read, this is currently not working and bugged.
Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It has done this for a long time. The first lore you get on any character acts correctly. Subsequent lore just opens to the first zone you have listed. Since they are in alphabetical order, you see AI. This persists even after changing characters, until the client is restarted.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Yea it's a bug and it needs fixing. It's not happening every single time btw, I went to make a vid of it as I was continually coming-across new lore and thought it would be good to record it happening to put here, but the first time I recorded it it behaved fine, then the next time it did it (video below) and the next two subsequent times I recorded it it behaved again and acted as it should, so it's not happening every time but often enough to need looking at and fixing. Prior to me recording this vid I had a spate of about 5 times in a row of it loading AI then it suddenly stopped and did it properly. Players on a new journey should not have to stop what they are doing for 3 minutes in the middle of a dungeon and trawl through pages and pages of lore, picking through loads of regions and blocks of text in order to locate the right one which has just come up. We know how it's supposed to work, would be good if it worked 100% please.

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll bring this up to the rest of the team. Thanks!