test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alive

Is this game and Forum still alive ? I notice a lot of old posts .
just started and was wondering .

Comments

• b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    game yes, forums.. eh.. when you play the game you don't post on the forums... Discord is more active than these forums if you're looking for more back and forth communication outside the game
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    For 'old' post, check the date/time it was updated instead of when it was created.
    There are multiple forums here. People move around in different forums such as Bug Reports, Feedback, etc.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

No this game is not alive. I mean, well, its servers are still up and the thousand or so players that are left (on PC) can still get on but they completely decimated the population with the combat, and enchantment changes annnd umm some other things they like to keep doing. The game is pretty much dead. Its like when you go to a club or bar right, and there is only like 15 people in it and its all dudes and like 3 girls.. you look at your friends and say "man this place is dead, lets go somewhere else". Its like someone thats brain dead.. heart is still going, they are alive, but are they really?
    Heh - I will admit it isn't the game it was a few years ago, but there are still plenty of players playing despite us having to re-grind stuff constantly, the shifting and nerfing of companions and best in slot weapons.

I play very casually now and it gives me 30 minutes to an hour of entertainment per day and is completely free. I haven't paid a penny to play for over a year now, maybe more.

It Is What It Is
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

No this game is not alive. I mean, well, its servers are still up and the thousand or so players that are left (on PC) can still get on but they completely decimated the population with the combat, and enchantment changes annnd umm some other things they like to keep doing. The game is pretty much dead. Its like when you go to a club or bar right, and there is only like 15 people in it and its all dudes and like 3 girls.. you look at your friends and say "man this place is dead, lets go somewhere else". Its like someone thats brain dead.. heart is still going, they are alive, but are they really?
    You realize that steam population is only a fraction of the PC player base right? That thousand or so number that you grabbed is not the total population. Steam (which does show under 1k) does not play well with players who want to access ARC or for those that want to buy ZEN. There is no way you can get the total active population without the developers themselves telling us.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    They have done some really dum things and the money grabs can be a little obvious but I still love this game because it is always a challenge and sometimes I win. I don't see it disappearing .
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Depends on what you mean by "alive".

From what I've seen, day to day there are not that many active daily players in-game, as compared to the way things were maybe 3-4 years ago. There are still a hardcore contingent of regular players that actively post forum threads and play in game, and the marketing still draws in new players pretty well - though how long they stay around is another matter.

But when the annual events happen, like the Masquerade, the Winter and Summer Fests, the Lunar Fest, etc. more players return to the game, if only for the 2 weeks or so that each event runs.

Most guilds are either permanently afk or dying slow deaths of attrition. When you see fully stocked level 20 guilds having to perpetually advertise to get more active players - that pretty much says it all.

arazith07 said:

You realize that steam population is only a fraction of the PC player base right? That thousand or so number that you grabbed is not the total population. Steam (which does show under 1k) does not play well with players who want to access ARC or for those that want to buy ZEN. There is no way you can get the total active population without the developers themselves telling us.
    You realize that i didnt grab the number from steam.. You realize that ive been playing the game since 2012.. you realize i still play the game... you realize i really do know wtf i am talking about. you realize Ive seen it all, played thru it all. you realize Its called experience.
    And you do realize that what you see is only what you see. You can't see how many people are playing the game. I have just as much experience as you do, but I know that there are well more than the thousand or so players that are left on PC that you are claiming. What are you basing that number off of then? Are you taking into account all the personal instances of the various lairs in the game, or the various stronghold maps, or the times in which you are offline and can't tally up numbers of players on a map? You claim to have this knowledge, why not back up your claims?

"why not back up your claims? "
    ^^^^
    The ol, "i dont like what your saying so ill say this because even though i know youre right, you cant get the numbers rawr"

You are the one making an assertion.

No this game is not alive. I mean, well, its servers are still up and the thousand or so players that are left (on PC)
    The only assertion I am making is that it's more than that, based on Steam charts alone, which again is only a fraction of the PC user base. You can look back at my reasoning as to why steam is not indictive of the PC population as a whole. But here you can see peak players is at 1485 for the last 30 days, keep in mind that is peak concurrent players and is not a daily login amount. https://steamcharts.com/app/109600#1y
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Most players don't bother with Steam to play the game. Nor Arc, for that matter. They go directly from the resident .exe file.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Without Cryptic to provide the number, the only number that is close to be 'real' is:
    for the platform you care, go to each available map and count the number one by one.
    Of course, that still do not cover those are in dungeon/skirmish/stronghold, etc.

Last night, I checked in PC. In PE alone, there were few hundreds players.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    You can get a count of bodies in the various dungeons/skirmishes, and the strongholds by using the Find Person option and using the appropriate zone as a qualifier.

You won't be able to find the people that are invisible to searches.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    It will peak during simiril event. People cant resist coming back to get free stuff.
    I see a lot of people coming back to try the next mod. The last cooperative endeavor with RAS was a lot of fun.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP