test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: Wizard fixes coming to Preview

12345679»

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

arazith07 said:

Why are you using two different pieces of content to test then? Shouldn't you be running the same content? OFC you're not going to get past the first boss on master!

It's the same dungeon but on preview it's unscaled and I was a solid 10k iL above requirements! It goes to show just how big these nerfs are :/
    No, it's not the same. If you want to properly test and compare, use a different dungeon that is actually the same on both live and preview. Of course master is not scaled! It's also tuned for 75k iL, not 25k! Congrats on being 85k though.
  • drago#9606 drago Member Posts: 40 Arc User

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let people know that the time for Wizard changes is now largely over.

I know there's lots of stuff people still wanted to see, and I'm sorry we didn't get to everything. Hopefully the Wizard is nevertheless in a better place now than it was before.

I know there's been some feeling that maybe the Wizard has been overbuffed, and is now doing too much dps. That's certainly possible -- in any complex game, tuning isn't an exact science -- but it's something we'll keep an eye on. I don't want to pull back any of the changes just yet, but we'll monitor the dps data on our end once these changes have had a chance to soak for a while on Live. Our goal is to have Wizard be (roughly) equal to other strong dps classes (like Rogue), but not to obsolete those other dps classes.

I did revert the "experimental" version of Arcane Empowerment (where it showed high cooldown numbers but then subtracted very quickly), since the consensus overall seemed to be against it. Note the earlier reduction of AE from x5 cooldown speed to x3 cooldown speed is still there, though (see above for discussion and some of the reasoning).

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to the discussion!

Wizard is definitely better overall IMO, and both paragons look competitive now, so thank you for that.

Is there any time left for bug fixing? Thinking about the Thaum Directed Flames issues raised in particular.

• justtester#3228 justtester Member Posts: 73 Arc User

I did revert the "experimental" version of Arcane Empowerment (where it showed high cooldown numbers but then subtracted very quickly), since the consensus overall seemed to be against it.

So one of the main problems of Arcanist which everyone hope to see fixed during this rework will remain unfixed?
    This forum is an echo chamber
  • thx87thx87 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    @rgutscheradev Can we please get clarification on these 2 points before finalizing the topic?
    1. Arcanist - Arcane Empowerment daily: If you rollback the recharge mechanism due to artifact bug, are you still going to keep the AP gain during daily?
    2. Thaumaturge - Is there still time to squeeze in final-full fix for Directed Flames (still bugged)?
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I didnt read all 9 pages of comments. But was the annoying cooldown bug ever fixed? Like the #1 annoyance bug..

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    thx87 said:

@rgutscheradev Thaumaturge - Is there still time to squeeze in final-full fix for Directed Flames (still bugged)?

Yes, directed flames is still a big mess. The proc of rimefire smolder is chaotic and its crit rate is too low. Imo the easiest way to fix it is to roll back this feat to its mod 16 version (proc was much cleaner than in mod 17) and to adjust the magnitude if the dps of smolder is considered too high, instead of putting a cd on smolder on it.

Moreover the smolder status icons (red/blue) still don't appear with directed flames on.
  • thx87thx87 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

I didnt read all 9 pages of comments. But was the annoying cooldown bug ever fixed? Like the #1 annoyance bug..

There was an attempt to fix the CD bug for Arcane Empowerment, however replacing RS% to "CD reduction per second" failed because it is also reducing Artifact CD as well (5s Envenomed ftw). That change solved CD bug for me, however introduced a breaking bug, thus being rolled back now reintroducing CD bug again.

Yikes. I just hope we can keep AP gain during AE daily.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    thx87 said:

There was an attempt to fix the CD bug for Arcane Empowerment, however replacing RS% to "CD reduction per second" failed because it is also reducing Artifact CD as well (5s Envenomed ftw). That change solved CD bug for me, however introduced a breaking bug, thus being rolled back now reintroducing CD bug again.

Yikes. I just hope we can keep AP gain during AE daily.
    we will get ap the last patch check
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User

Nope, it was not, because @rgutscheradev believed our reports to be only related to Arcane Empowerment. I had promised to test it on Preview but while I was very excited for the changes, I got sick and have only been able to read up on what's been happening now. I'm sorry to see that the time for changes is now over.

The Cooldown bug is certainly present on live, without arcane empowerment even being slotted. I'm sorry I couldn't be here to vouch on this bugs behalf. I will now just hop on and see if the animations and sounds have been fixed at all, and write another comment on that.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    Right clicking the Mastery slot to swap powers still has the wrong list bug.

Now I'm gonna mostly talk about animation stuffs. Other people might find that useless, but not everyone plays with damage counters on and sound off. Visuals and sounds are very important to how powerful powers feel, and also to get a sense of their range (which is currently completely absent for steal time). I would like to reiterate that these are not things that require any artist work. They are effects or animations that were already there, but have been unintentionally removed. It does require some digging through old files. The oldest file would be the shield recast character animation, and that has already been found and applied on preview!

State of steal time sound, animations and effects:
    • Circle growing outwards visual (that indicates range) still missing
    • Hourglass icon is now recognizable (but might be due to some difference between my preview and live visual settings)
    • The cloud particles are back!
    • In normal slot, shhhh sound and poof sound are there, but something seems off about the poof?
    • In mastery slot, shhhh sound is entirely missing
    • In mastery slot, poof sound is entirely missing
    • In mastery slot, a 'coin'/bleep sound can be heard, but instead of the bleep-shhh-poof I hear in my recordings, the bleep is in the place of the poof instead of at cast time (would become shh-bleep+poof if the shh and poof were repaired)
    link to thread with videos again

State of Shield:
    • Now has extremely shorter casting time (still does take time, its not instant or anything)
    • Animation has been changed from shield summoning animation to old shield pushing animation
    • With 16 seconds cooldown, the recast option is still pretty useless. It seems that it is too late now but it really would have been better if it had been changed back to be re-activatable, like Rogue power Vengeance's Pursuit. That way, you don't have to wait for the entire power cooldown AND not take much damage before you can use the damaging+pushing part of the power. The only thing that could have been missing for making it re-castable again was the animation and both animations clearly are present, since one is used on Live and the other on Preview.
    • There now is a blue shield visual around the player after casting! Since the whole cast animation and cast time have been changed to the re-cast/pushing out animation, I assume this visual used to be part of the re-cast?

Animations (for steal time and shield at least) are sometimes played twice (character animation + effects + sounds). Ive got +- 140 ping, according to /netgraph 1. I've got this on video at least thrice, but no way of editing the 30 second video nor any proper place to upload.

Don't have more time to test Fireball, sorry. I hope I caught everything else.
  • eugeecoeugeeco Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I was really hoping that Directed Flames would get another pass to make it actually do what the tooltip says, but right now it's decent for AOE, when things die too quickly to worry about the number of times it procs. However a huge bug I don't even understand is the Critical Conflag won't trigger Directed Flames if you pair it with any class feature except Swath of Destruction. Why is Evocation (the feature you want for AOE) breaking Critical Conflag!?
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Well, it looks like it will be a done deal.