test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

QoL Suggestions I'd like to make! (LONG READ!)

I'm sure I could come up with many things to ask for improvement or complain of things too difficult, but those are mostly something I find one improves on as they continue on in game! However, their are a "FEW" QoL improvements I'd like to suggest, of which I think would make the QoL in gameplay for the common player, much improved!

1) Adding some sort of Wishlist in game! Many times I find things along the way at stores, or things players post, etc, which I want, but can't acquire that moment. I've found it becomes difficult remembering what I wanted, where I found it, or how to get it, and I discover it later on, only to realize it's too late, I may found something better! If I could pin an object, any object, from equip, weapons, armor, to pets, companions, mounts, etc, (per my idea) could be pinned to a "Wishlist" sort of information tab (maybe found in Inventory, add another tab along the left side of Inventory window's tabs). Say your looking in the Seal Trader shopping, you find piece of armor you like, but don't have enough seals for it, using the same method of pinning an object in chat, (Shift + L. Click) which places the item in the chat window and allows you to comment about it, and talk about item, which than shows the item to others in chat, as they can mouse over it and see the item you pinned (linked), or simply right click item in the shopping window, and choose "Wishlist" option, or some other creative way the developers could come up with for adding to Wishlist. When an object you wish to obtain is added, it provides the following information; Name (as a linkable object, so you can hover over and see details similar to shopping), Where you found it (wonderous bazar, trader, Auction house, Zen market, etc) or where it was added to Wishlist from, and maybe a blank line so you can add notes to it, reminding self why you want it, and maybe another column showing how much it cost in that menu you found it (If Zen, or Seals, or AD if on the Auction). Also, if the developers want, so it doesn't get too exploited or too overwhelming for user, limit how many slots the player can use per player level, or per Total Item Level, or if Premium account, so players have options to add more slots of information, but maybe start it at say 20 slots/rows for information of those items. Once a player obtains the item he has pinned in the Wishlist, it gets automatically removed. Maybe also allow a drop menu in top Right of Wishlist window to choose various privacy settings, allowing others to see your Wishlist. Hey, players may have what you want, or willing to buy for you! The Privacy list can include Self, so no one can see, friends list, guild mates, alliance mates, public, and maybe instance.

2) FAIR PRICING ON THE AUCTION HOUSE!! The Traders Auction House seems to have become way over exploited. You can see objects listed by few players in the 100's or 1000's or 100's of 1000's, and than someone under cut the price by 20%, 50%, even 90% in some instances! That's great for someone buying the object, but someone getting on to sell an object, which say has an Item level 1000 at blue or purple quality, and it's listed by a few players at couple thousand, than someone has it listed for 10 or 20, 50, 100? That's ridiculously undercutting, and trolling the market! Those people don't care about making profit, just trying to ruin it for other players. BUT? You have a dilemma, I know! It's there for the players! How to control it without dictating the prices your self? You can't, right? What if you place a limit to the range according to average?? Doesn't matter what item is, what it's selling for. If only 1 copy of item is listed at 1000 AD?, Than maybe no less, no more, than 15% of that one item, so a second can't be listed for any less than 850 AD, 15% less. But now with two items listed, the average shifts to 925. If a 3rd Item was listed, the shift would be upto 15% less than average, can be listed as low as 786.25, but rounding to keep it within range, for a solid number, would be 787. Thus, this would allow anyone posting object on the Auction house to keep his pricing close to those of other's posted, and keeping it fair. Eventually, Items sell? That's the whole point, right! So if that third item sells as listed, 787, the average shifts back to that of two items listed, at 925. What if the middle item sold at 850? Than the average would be shifted to that of 1000 and 787, which would be 894 (rounded up to remain within range), and of course, upto 15% less of 894, being 759. What if the top item is sold, someone went for the highest price, feeling generous to the seller, maybe didn't see the lower prices, etc. The average would than be calculated between the two remain items, 850 and 787, which the average would be 819, so a 3rd item than could be listed as low as 696 (rounding up). OR What if, a new item was posted higher than what's listed, maybe that seller thinks those posted will sell fast enough, and thinks maybe he'll still sell his, or just feeling ballsy? Still 15%. So if two items posted were 1000 and 850? With the average at 925, 15% higher would be 1063 (rounding down, keeping within range). So with those two items listed, the highest one can try to post the item is 1063 AD, which would than adjust the new average for that item with those three listings, at 971. You see what I'm suggesting? If their at least one copy of an item posted on AH, any new postings will all be limited to 15% below or above the Average Total Buy out of the item price, but always adjusting to keep it fair for all involved, and still only determined by the community as a whole.

This could reflect Total buy out price, not the min bidding, but to be fair should be no more than 50% less than the total buy out, or such a percentage higher that the developers see to be fair! SO THIS WAY... the pricing for all items selling remains fair as determined by the community itself, and thus keeps the developers out of the pricing of items on the Auction house, and everyone buying and selling gets their fair share of the auction house, and anything they choose buy or sell! What if someone posting an item ONLY wants to post a min bid, and leave the Buy out blank? They can do so, but the lowest he can post would still be that 50% less than number of the expected Buyout, if their was one. If one item is already posted, the system would know to calculate what the average is, and thus know what the expected lowest buy out would be, even though the new poster may not want the buy out listed, still can only post it with min bidding as low as the system would allow (what ever that min bid number is determined to be, as mentioned), and thus, still keeping all prices fair! In this scenario, if any item is posted with no Buy Out price, the system would still know the expected Buy out as calculated by the min bidding, so it would still keep that item in the calculation for the overall Average buy out, just using a number not posted for others to see, based on the min bid. To answer the potential scenario when someone is posting NEW item for first time, or which currently has no posted cost? Than the developers can determine one of two ways the system can calculate that items Buy out price. One is, no limit at all, let the player decide the price, no matter how ridiculous it could be! Or the other, is the system calculates based on the average of other like items of Item Level, and Quality, on the Auction house. It might be the only listing of that particular item, but surely their listings of other similar items close to Item level, close to Quality on the auction house, so the system could calculate based on the other items closely related, and the average of those items, to decide the mean of this new item, and the 15% range above and below. Once that first item is posted, the average would still go off it's average as the only item posted. HOW would this all be developed and effect the current auction house as it is with it so chaotic?? EASY, if you decide to implement this idea? Prior to release of it? Issue a statement explaining the changes, and how it would work, and when the changes take effect! Upon that EFFECTIVE change day for new AH? All items posted on AH will be dismissed back to the posting party, unless a current BID is in place. Those with a current bid, that item will continue til it is sold. Any item without a current bid, and appearing to not sell, will be released back to player as if auction time to sell expired, by email, with a msg reminding of the changes and link to the overall message explaining the new auction house changes. THUS, effectively cleaning house, clearing all items, and the ridiculously posted prices from the AH, and those posting new items basically dictate the pricing, how valuable it is for them? Something along those lines.

3)Please... if possible... un bind so many items!! I pick up items from all sorts of things. Quest, mission rewards, loot, dungeons, stores, vendors, etc., and it seems more items are bound to me than not bound! I find a lot of items bound to me which won't benefit me at all for use, but I can't do anything with! I can't sell on AH, or give away to lesser players looking for a break! Yes, I can REFINE them as RP, but most of the time, it's no where near the value to me if I was to trade or give away to lesser players. When I recently come back, (I was absent for nearly 4 years) I got re excited for game, finding guild I enjoy the company of, because I was gifted plenty of items from others who didn't mind gifting. This made me want to play more! But now I find many items I can't do anything with, and I think it would draw more people in if you allow more items to be traded! I know how the developers are thinking, "if everyone gets everything for free handed to them, than players won't buy into game and the developers won't profit!?" Am I right? Well... the theory is farthest from the truth! More players would play, putting more effort into game, and as they get higher, would find free handouts less to come by, and thus trying to put more effort in to upgrade more. Also, the few items I was given, inspired me to gain more, through my own efforts of play or purchase, to complete sets or ideas I had. The few Items I can give to others, I often ask in my guild if anyone wants it, and if no response, I post for AH. If anything was to be Binding, I would like to suggest the developers draw a hard line on items earned as rewards for doing quests, those could be binding, as most are appropriate to characters, but maybe some items not bound. Anything picked up as loot while doing quests, or anything in dungeons, should be un bound on pickup. Special items from vendors, I can see binding to account, but not character. Certain vendors though, items should still not be bound.

4)Please bring back PvP challenges. My guild still does PvP weekly, but it's only 5 on 5 challenges in house, though we try to allow 1v1 challenges taking place before all out war starts, let players dish out their pride as they see fit. Why the public domain of PvP went away? Idk. I'd also like to see the PvP arena of SH vs SH return, I remember from many years ago when I played. Full fledge war between two SH fortress's of equal or similar rating/leagues, to include Siege towers, Defense Towers, Gates, etc. Siege Units would deal damage to various structures of enemy castles, including other siege units. Siege must be activated by players, and destroyed items could be repaired by players as well, including castle walls. The final objective can be destroying the Castle's middle Keep, for victory/defeat, or point tracking! That would also help Strongholds want to invest more time in building up their Strong Holds, inspiring players to play more, inspiring more use of equipment and possibly more purchases. SH Sieges can take place as 5v5, 10v10, 15v15, or 20 on 20 Siege events, which can all be determined by Guild leaders, and SH Levels. Make the prizes more epic based for both Guilds involved, as one can get participation prices if they fall short, while other gets greater prizes! Also have prizes automated based on special performance goals met by specific players, as you have different stat ratings in Dungeons, can also have different ratings in the SH Siege events, and who ever gets top of each category between both sides, can get specific prizes, random boxes to equal random bound items which benefit that player, rewarding them for their effort in the event. Furthermore, the overall prizes to the SH can be dispersed as seen fit by participants or leaders, etc.
Public PvP can be slightly different! These prizes can also be available in lesser volume for the public PvP events as well. Maybe not as much in a 1v1 public event, but having a ladder set up keeping ratings which show progress per player, based on their wins and losses, and different ladder categories, could determine prizes after the end of few days, or week long PvP events, but allow PvP between events just for simple prizes of glory, etc. Also allow Public PvP of 5v5 party's take place in various "arena" challenges. Maybe allow the similar control points allowed in SH PvP as a one challenge, 3 CP areas to gain points, first to 1000 wins? Maybe have a Capture the Flag challenge, with two flag areas to defend, players can grab opponent's flag, and return to own base for points, obviously inciting fights between, and if flag is dropped, can be recovered by own team, or enemy if finding soon enough, but if flag is captured, can not place in own base unless your flag still there, so team work is needed to defend bases as well as attacking. Maybe a 3rd challenge idea would be TEAM Death Match, or even an all player DM for special prizes! The Team DM could be 5v5, and only score kept is Kills, or Deaths. Starting at 100 points each, first team reaches 0 loses, each player dies minus 1 pt. So not so much as all the potential 1v1 matches within the Team DM, but also keeping your fellow team mates alive! Any Revival of teammates takes the kill away, so important to strategize when to resurrect, or when to let them go, as it could be a trap causing other players their death. The Total DM could be a match with up to 10 players, all man FFA, everyone for themselves. Lasting 10 or so minutes, or til one player reaches 20 kills? Or reverse it, each player can only die 3 times or something, with 10 or 20 min timer. Last man standing wins, with patronage to 2nd and 3rd place as well! The last Idea of Public PvP can be a go cart/ mario cart style racing event using your Mount! However you've developed your mount in regular game does not reflect how you develop it with the "PvP Mount Racing" event! For the event, you can choose any mount you have access to in game, but choose basic abilities to start with and only build up it's qualities based on event points you build up! You choose various mount weapon options, only one to use despite few options. HP, Attack, and Def and Speed ratings all improve with points won through previous winnings. After so many rating ups chosen, the mount increases level, and has new options. Challenges are only between mounts within level. I'm literally picturing some sort of Mario Go Cart from N64 days, but using mounts in game! Certain weapons can knock players off mount! Certain weapons can make players mount lose control, certain weapons can kill player, resetting back to starting line! All while their 5-10 players in the race, lapping big obstacle course of few loops, hills, jumps, in a circuit race with few laps or so? Would be fun way of going head to head against other players, using mounts and "riding" skills, and earning bragging rights! Winnings can go back to mount buildup, or be converted to value of AD, or currency usable outside of event.

Just some ideas!! Take all or some at whole, or partial value! Thanks for your time, hopefully it wasn't too much of a read! Hopefully, it was worth reading!? Thanks again.

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    1) Ok... I dont see it very usefull but ok

2) This is a complete nonsense. Are you suggesting that if there are no items for one ID in the AH, if I put it for 100M AD to sell, everyone has to put it with 15% less? imagine players that doesnt have VIP and have to pay for the fees. Imagine when a new lockbox comes if the first mythic thing is put for 100M AD, this is totally absurd. Market is free. If you dont like the low prizes, wait until the prizes are up to sell it.

3) Agree, more BoE items are allways good for the game / market

4) I dont PvP but OK.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    For number 2... you might say the lower prices are undercutting a "fair" price, but someone else might say the high prices are trying to rip people off. The actual price is the price at which it sells... and that's between the buyers and sellers and varies all the time. A lower price usually leads to a quicker sale and that's worth doing in some situations.

For number 3... we used to have most items unbound. They mostly became very cheap on the auction house (as we can see with some items these days). That got replaced with bound items and a salvage system... but then everyone had loads of AD. So that got replaced with just bound items... which become a bit of refinement or gold if you're lucky. Or an appearance. Once.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    1. Don't see its usefulness. I only see it is a confusing feature.

2. There is nothing wrong with AH besides its UI presentation and certain bug and limitation. It acts like ... well, "Auction" house. You should know the value before you enter. i.e. do your homework. 'Fair' pricing is subjective. Only you know what your 'fair' price is. Your fair price is not others' fair price. Fair price != market price. If you want to sell something quick, lower the price. If you want to sell something with your price in mind, wait for your turn when the time comes.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Pad of paper and writing utensils handy do wonders for taking notes of such things.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.