What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Band of Air is absurd. Destroy it

13»

Comments

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited September 2022

finmakin said:

I don't think BoA is a bad item (from a tanks perpective), issue is (or was) that it was way way too powerfull due the proc over proc triggering (which is a pain for tanks to mantain aggro), especially with rogues and Barbarians (in other cases (like a SW who was carried by BoA) i let them die to force a aggro reset for them..

I always worked around this problem by keep moving Bosses with BoA Melee DPS because when they cannot hit bosses then there is no proc triggered..
    I know quite some Melee DPS who is using this ring and actually pay attention to their aggro and stop with DPS for a few seconds to reset the aggro, but not all are aware of their aggro (those are the ones who complained their deaths towards Tanks and Healers).. the so called paingivers bible lovers..

Hope it will be better now with BoA changes, its good for tanks, good for healers and good for DPS
    my 2 cents

Reading such revelations, I am invariably grateful to my boyfriend, who can play tank so well that those nasty dps "carried by BOA" have never been terrible to him <3 But that's probably because he is a great tank 🙂
    From a healer's point of view, too, I've never had any problems with BOA-equipped dps. Hmmm, I wonder why?

For me, what you write sounds like justifying that someone is doing badly. I, too, sometimes fail to deal with something, but for that I am aware of my own mistakes, I don't look for excuses for them and I don't blame the items that I can't get myself. </p>
    You are so lucky with such a great boyfriend.. Do you put 1th quality batteries in it ??
    Or is your boyfriend plugged straight into the electrical grid !!!
    Post edited by finmakin on
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    finmakin said:

finmakin said:

I don't think BoA is a bad item (from a tanks perpective), issue is (or was) that it was way way too powerfull due the proc over proc triggering (which is a pain for tanks to mantain aggro), especially with rogues and Barbarians (in other cases (like a SW who was carried by BoA) i let them die to force a aggro reset for them..

I always worked around this problem by keep moving Bosses with BoA Melee DPS because when they cannot hit bosses then there is no proc triggered..
    I know quite some Melee DPS who is using this ring and actually pay attention to their aggro and stop with DPS for a few seconds to reset the aggro, but not all are aware of their aggro (those are the ones who complained their deaths towards Tanks and Healers).. the so called paingivers bible lovers..

Hope it will be better now with BoA changes, its good for tanks, good for healers and good for DPS
    my 2 cents

Reading such revelations, I am invariably grateful to my boyfriend, who can play tank so well that those nasty dps "carried by BOA" have never been terrible to him <3 But that's probably because he is a great tank 🙂
    From a healer's point of view, too, I've never had any problems with BOA-equipped dps. Hmmm, I wonder why?

For me, what you write sounds like justifying that someone is doing badly. I, too, sometimes fail to deal with something, but for that I am aware of my own mistakes, I don't look for excuses for them and I don't blame the items that I can't get myself. </p>
    You are so lucky with such a great boyfriend.. Do you put 1th quality batteries in it ??
    Or is your boyfriend plugged straight into the electrical grid !!!
    I see that you have a lot of knowledge on this field :)
    Always nice to meet an expert.
    Will you tell us about your experience? :D
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Well that escalated quickly lol
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    pherrow said:

Well that escalated quickly lol

|Yep - classic forum pvp - the true Endgame :)
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I know, it only takes one allegedly 'Entitled" Karen, who yells and screams and hollers ad nausem, to wreck somebody else's fun. I like many of the posters above never had any problems with the Band of Air (other than a minor annoyance with a guild that 'required' ownership of the BOA to join). I have my own Alliance so no worries for me.
    edited October 2022
    If you haven’t any problems with BOA, then why did the crowd of losers squeal for a nerf?
    Guilds have the right to require that players represents a certain level. This does not surprises me at all.
    For you, moreover, no nerf matters. Those who have had a band of air can play even without it. The rest must look for another excuse for their incompetence.
  • madmartigan#1315 madmartigan Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I doubt much squealing had to happen. They never intended to release a ring that most builds would just wear even if it went against their build.
    i for one was fine with boa existing as it did. i was never interested in that particular grind vs the rng, but having a boa in the party always helped stuff get done faster. i dont want to think how much longer my dragon hunts would have taken me if it werent for a bunch of boa carries.
    oh well, it is what it is. why is this thread still a thing?
  • aron#5106 aron Member Posts: 28 Arc User

aron#5106 said:

Enjoy. Band of Air is already a HAMSTER now.
    You have to look for something else to complain about now to justify your own indolence.

Congratulations. Great direction in the game: let everyone be equally crappy,
    it will surely give them joy to rediscover the old bugged content.
    Especially since it will now take them more time.

Calm down Gollum. The only one who has been carried by boa is you. Now you can go back to being a mediocre player. glhf.
    Well, you can even see it already :)
    Today 73k fighter did on HAMSTER-dungeon 1/3 of my dmg. I played without band of air, noob-sw 66k.
    Probably scaled me better or something. Or maybe... now something else i have op?
    I get why you miss it if you are only 66k. You have a long way to 80k with maxed out everything.
    It was my weak alt. I play her to take advantage of re-rolls.
    I don't need to have 80k to play.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

It was my weak alt. I play her to take advantage of re-rolls.
    I don't need to have 80k to play.

ha - agree totally.

No one needs 80k to play. My 3 toons are like 63k, 66k and 69k.

One dps, one tank one heal.

My tank and heal can out heal and out tank much higher IL toons.

But my DPS is embarrassingly bad though :)