test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat pad not working, unable to hold down A for morale & venders

masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
edited October 2022 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Since you guys don't check the xbox bug page I'm posting here

After today's update the game isn't letting me use chat pad in any capacity. You also can't hold down A to repeat tasks like spending morale and selling items to the vender
Post edited by percemer on

Comments

• jamiefors#0606 jamiefors Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Same issues here, after the update, constantly having to press the A button to sell to vendor, the D-Pad is one click also, plus the game looks terrible on xbox, not smooth how it was, its so jumpy and blotchy
  • debni#2165 debni Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    problem: Since the new patch I have not been able to use my keyboatd to interact with neverwinter on Xbox.

Before the patch: i used to be able to use my arrows to move around inventory, use enter key to interact with things, but most importantly i used to be able to type directly into the chat box, allowing me to quickly tipe messages on the go while playing.

after the patch: keyboard is not responsive anymore. it works because it does work when used on the xbox home or xbox meny (arrows and enter work) but it does not work when used in game. I am not able to interact with anything and cannot type directly in chat. the only way it reacts is when i use chat and press X for the "enter value" option which brings up the xbox virtual keyboard. chat issue also applies when trying to type number values in your shared bank for example to deposit AD or other currencies.

issue: QoL issue + the chat workaround (virtual keyboard) is time consuming and prevents us from being quick and reactive when giving instructions in chat or respond to other people messages.

What have i already tried to do:
    - reset game
    - hard reset xbox
    - unplug-replug keyboard
    - search in options if something was reset (could not find any keyboard option)

none of those actions worked in fixing the problem

ADD: I have spoken with multiple people in my alliance and everyone seems to be having the same issue so it's not just me
  • Same problem here on two separate xboxes. Keyboard works ok Xbox but not in game
  • debni#2165 debni Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    same thing happening to me, I raised a separate post about it as i didn't realise you had already raised this. this also affects "repeated actions" in general: can't scroll quests by holding arrows on dpad or can't scroll through character menu by holding rb or lb to mention some
  • After the patch the game will not repeat actions. Down arrow used to move down multiple times and now does once and stops.

A Button used to sell multiple items and now only once.

Crafting could hold down before and now individual button presses only.

This is very apparent, not sure how something this drastic made it to launch
  • kev#8505 kev Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Had the same problem with the jumpy images, there is a limit frame rate option in settings. Turning it off fixed it for me.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Can't type in chat box with keyboard anymore. Have to press X first to bring up dialog box.

Also, can't scroll in menus with D pad anymore, Have to tap for each line change.

Can't hold A to craft and collect anymore. Have to tap A to craft then A to collect, then A to craft again. This includes selling to vendors.

Resonance and Weave Touched Fragments not dropping in Undermountain. Resonance and weave touched fragments are dropping but no notification you are earning them. Also don't appear to be able to convert resonance to runes.
    Post edited by xelliz on
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Before the Sept. 27th patch I was able to use my Microsoft wireless keyboard to enter text directly in game. Regardless of if it was for chat or for entering values for astral exchange purchases. Now the keyboard doesn't enter the text. However, if I press "x" for the enter value the xbox virtual keyboard opens and I can then enter text with my wireless keyboard. So it's much clunkier now to enter text.
  • fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    Many players have reported several bugs after yesterday's patch. Hopefully we can note them all in one place to be fixed. I've experienced:

1. Lag/rubberbanding
    2. Server not responding errors
    3. Disconnections
    3. D-pad arrow up/down can't be held down in store menus, it has to be spam pressed

Other players have reported:

4. The A button not working in store menus, you have to spam it to sell to vendors
    5. Changes to praying time, professions
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Adding on.

Vendor slider for purchase: RB / LB when held do not continually move slider. RT/LT still continually move slider when held.

Crafting: similar to above - holding A doesn't craft > collect > craft > collect as long as it is held as it used to be.

THE KEYBOARD DOES NOT WORK IN GAME. This one bothers me the most (probably because I spend 10 minutes looking for batteries to learn they were not dead). I cannot type directly into the chat window / guild mail / auction house / ZaX / etc.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • sak#3663 sak Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    My Xbox chatpad is not entering text or numbers in the trade store and I can’t get into the chat with it. As stated above I can press X and it allows me to enter numbers or text. But I can’t figure out how to get into the chat box to type into the chat box in-game. Can you please look into this. I’ve tried two different Chatpads and controllers. I’m not liking this bug or whatever it is.
    edited September 2022
    Copy/Paste from my post about 9/27 things that broke. Some of these are duplicates to what has been said.

Can't type in chat box with keyboard anymore. Have to press X first to bring up dialog box.

Also, can't scroll in menus with D pad anymore, Have to tap for each line change.

Can't hold A to craft and collect anymore. Have to tap A to craft then A to collect, then A to craft again. This includes selling to vendors.

Resonance and Weave Touched Fragments not dropping in Undermountain. Resonance and weave touched fragments are dropping but no notification you are earning them. Also don't appear to be able to convert resonance to runes.
    edited October 2022
    The D-pad arrow up/down also can't be held down on the character sheet to view stats, campaign menu, Stronghold coffer, Emotes list, and inspecting players in your group.
    Post edited by fns2005 on
  • I have the series x. We are getting consistent crashes when killing bosses in dungeons where it completely locks the game and we have to quit out to the home screen. Your UI now no longer interacts with the xbox controller keyboards directly and making us you the chat system from Microsoft to text in game. We also currently can't buy zen from the market store.
  • action314action314 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I concur with xelliz's comments above. Can't holding A to craft is the most annoying of the list. 400 daily morale at a cost of 5 each to craft low items, that's 80 presses, then another 80+ to sell. Ruins the crafting experience.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Cant hold down A button (or dpad, or other face buttons, or bumpers...I think). I think the only buttons that can triggers and possibly bumpers. This also seems to screw up virtually every aspect of menu navigation, as the buttons appear to have a maximum speed set before next one registers
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I'll add can't press A to rip open celestial bags, lockboxes, or any other "bag" or coffer. Makes it difficult to manage inventory when you have press A 120 times to clear celestial bags.

Also log in now takes forever. It usedtacould take me 2-3 mins to do invocations on 9 toons, now it takes closer to 10 minutes.

Fix this now please.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Log in time has increased dramatically making invoking multiple toons tedious.

Can"t hold A to rip open celestial bags or any other reward that you hold multiples of.

Graphics are totally fubar, mounts show up 5-10 seconds after calling for it, and then when traveling across the area the screen suddenly freezes for 5-10 seconds.
    Was just disconnected after defeating the final boss in FBI. After rebooting the game, I was sent to Protectors Enclave and couldn't return to dungeon. Other players have reported similar issues when opening final chests in dungeons this week.
  • jamiefors#0606 jamiefors Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Check re-roll tokens, mine from all my toons are missing
    Cradle of the Death God Visual Glitch

A pillar spawns periodically in the middle of the platform during the elevator phase, after patch.
    Malabog's Castle - after entering the door to the final boss, you now appear on a ledge you have to jump down.
  • bodhazephyrbodhazephyr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    I have a USB wired keyboard and before the patch I could type directly into all text fields like chat, searches, mimic donation numbers etc etc. After the patch I also find I now have to press X first to bring up the digital keyboard and then my USB wired keyboard works. I then type my text press return and then have to press A to submit it or whatever the interface I am in requires (some of the search areas have either A or Y to submit). This is a major headache for me.

I logged a support ticket for it and this is the reply, so I am following their advice:

"I understand that the changes for inputting in-game text via keyboard did not meet your expectations.

I appreciate you taking the time to bring this information to our attention and rest assured that the team will look into this further. You also have the option to post additional feedback or suggestions on our official forums to help us with increasing its visibility and supplement the details you already provided here." - GM Zildross

So my ticket was updated again today with the following and again closed as solved which is a bit frustrating:

"Hello Adventurer,

Thank you for writing back to us. I would certainly like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible; however, some issues require intervention and development time from departments outside of Customer Support and cannot be immediately resolved by a Game Master. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but rest assured that our development team will look into the changes. When we have more details about this case, we will provide updates through our official news pages and forums.
    https://www.playneverwinter.com/en/news
    https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories

Your patience and continued support are appreciated. "

The XBOX text input field of one line also makes the writing of in game emails and especially guild in game emails a complete nightmare now. Not everyone joins external messaging sources so in game is a good way to get everyone but now it is just not usable.
    Post edited by bodhazephyr on
    Game crashes when signposting out of dragon hunts now.
    Game now crashes right when the match timer for solo domination ends, you can't view the scoreboard.
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Glad they see the Zen market isn't working right and are quiet all the things that are really causing players problems.

These issues are for everyone and not just experienced by a few people.
    -It shouldn't take 10 times longer to load than before, and even when in game, things do not load properly.
    The ground vanishes, menus are delayed in loading, and it's sluggish trying to move around in those menus.
    -The game crashes at rewards screens for dungeons/trials/dragons/pvp and freezes at the "Press A" screen. I have to close the game
    -You have to press X on the controller to pull up the screen keyboard before a physical keyboard will work
    -d-pad will no longer scroll through menus
    -The game freezes with audio glitches for 5+ seconds at a time
    -The screen is darker now. This may be related to Auto HDR on Series consoles.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will investigate and try to fix these issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    percemer said:

Greetings,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will investigate and try to fix these issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Regards,

Thank you for at least acknowledging this.