test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Healers/Tanks stuck in Combat mode

tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited September 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
A few months back I started seeing some of my healers and tanks stick in combat mode after battle ends. This can last anywhere from 10 to 50 seconds.

It seems to depend on something in the party, not my own chars, because there are parties where it happens more and longer, other parties less, and sometimes even half-way through a dungeon it will stop happening even though I've changed nothing on mine. Sometimes it stays on solid and other times I'll get the drumbeat and be in combat, then it goes off for a second or less, then another drumbeat and it's back on. This can repeat half a dozen times or more.

I haven't checked all chars, but it seems to be affecting Fighter and Pally tanks (not Barbs), and Cleric healers (not Bards and I don't think Warlocks).

It's very annoying because can't trigger interactions, open chests, mount up, etc.

This issue has popped up for various classes and reasons over the years. I haven't seen a current mention of the issue in chat, forums or google search.

Anybody have an idea what is currently causing it?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2022

A few months back I started seeing some of my healers and tanks stick in combat mode after battle ends. This can last anywhere from 10 to 50 seconds.

It seems to depend on something in the party, not my own chars, because there are parties where it happens more and longer, other parties less, and sometimes even half-way through a dungeon it will stop happening even though I've changed nothing on mine. Sometimes it stays on solid and other times I'll get the drumbeat and be in combat, then it goes off for a second or less, then another drumbeat and it's back on. This can repeat half a dozen times or more.

I haven't checked all chars, but it seems to be affecting Fighter and Pally tanks (not Barbs), and Cleric healers (not Bards and I don't think Warlocks).

It's very annoying because can't trigger interactions, open chests, mount up, etc.

This issue has popped up for various classes and reasons over the years. I haven't seen a current mention of the issue in chat, forums or google search.

Anybody have an idea what is currently causing it?

It does effect all tanks and all healers, it's been a known bug for quite some time now, I wouldn't hold my breath on it getting fixed, it the healers mark that seems to cause it
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    TY much appreciated for the info. Looks like it's been happening for maybe years, strange that I only noticed it recently. Been running tanks and healers more often though I guess. (Used to be mostly DPS.)

So Cleric Mark and I guess Warlock Lifemark then, and maybe something for bards as well? Is it the HoT song for bards or something else?

Looks like I'll have to start asking healers not to mark me.

@nitocris83 is this something being looked at?
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    When I do RDQ I avoid this problem by not marking anyone at all until the end although I have noticed that my healer still tends to stay in combat mode for no reason even without marking anyone. The only difference is that without the mark being applied to someone you can still do stuff. For RTQ it is not an issue and I just start out with it set up on the tank.

Skirmishes: I have never actually marked anyone or used Tab Key Healing in that content.

RADQ, I have found that switching it off or applying the mark to myself to get through the door or open something helps.
    I actually have no idea how to switch it off but in some instances the mark just disappears all together when I am trying to remove it from a marked player.
  • starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I'm pretty sure you can switch the mark off by targeting nothing and hitting tab - doing that a second time will then mark yourself.

I don't notice this terribly often on my paladin, but I may see if my friend wants to take some time and test a few scenarios out to see if we can recreate it and figure out what triggers it. It happens, nowadays, more often when I tank than when I heal, but I've also not been using the mark nearly as much of late.

Contribution to this thread - a lot of tanks appreciate it, from what I've seen, if you try to untab them when interactions come up. I can't always remember to do it, so I wouldn't feel bad if you forget, but it is something that might help any healers who read this
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    The Forum troll muschellka#7783 might have a answer
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Post edited by muschellka#7783 on