test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit scaling

Why would you scale Hell Pit if it is a solo game mod? Do you want people to play it? I was kinda excited to run it again bc it has been a while. But learning I will be scaled down as turned me off already. It isnt hurting the new people if I am not scaled down because it is a solo event. And if I can do it fast every day why does that bother anyone? I see no reason to scale players in this event.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited September 2022

And if I can do it fast every day why does that bother anyone? I see no reason to scale players in this event.

You cannot do it faster regardless. You need to live through the same amount of time regardless how fast you can kill. The faster you kill, the more you need to kill.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    All scaling does is lower your base HP and damage. Your stats will still be the same, and that's where most of the damage/damage reduction comes from.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Well, from the general point of view: reward should be related to some effort.

When game-play is the only reward of a certain solo content, I would gladly vote for "scaling only on demand". But there are other goodies here.