test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Insigna powder

ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
Hi @nitocris83, is it possible to increase the drop-rate of the insigna powder? To be able to change insigna I have to spend a lot of AD because you don't have the possibility to drop this powder and for a mythical insigna it asks too much.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    May be I am missing something. What do you mean by "you don't have the possibility to drop this powder"?
    Insignia powder comes from Insignia. Insignia drops.
    Do you open skill nodes especially in Dragonbone Vale? That gives you quite a lot.

Another way to get insignia is to do Gond stuff. The bags give you quite a lot of insignia. However, the event has just passed. At the moment, I stash about 6000 insignia powder and I did not buy anything.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • athurrpewtyathurrpewty Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I think what ene is referring to is the amazingly low conversion value of insignia. Two per green/common insignia leaps to mind. Add that to the number of SGE's (and *their* drop rate) required for upgrading collars, for example, and you are looking at either spending the rest of your life grinding/farming to upgrade your Collars or just flat out spending hundreds of [your country's currency] to buy a mythic collar off of someone who can play the game for several hours a day seven days a week.

I think what ene is referring to is the amazingly low conversion value of insignia. Two per green/common insignia leaps to mind. Add that to the number of SGE's (and *their* drop rate) required for upgrading collars, for example, and you are looking at either spending the rest of your life grinding/farming to upgrade your Collars or just flat out spending hundreds of [your country's currency] to buy a mythic collar off of someone who can play the game for several hours a day seven days a week.

Changing the insignia to insignia powder conversion rate (such as 2x the current conversion rate) would be nice.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    not sure, I have 7K of the powder, but unable to use it on collars because of the other requirements to upgrading them.
    I still have the original 50 BtA of the Greater Empowered stones that were given out when collars were first introduced and
    the number of unbound ones that I have found in that time frame is still less than that.

My conclusion thus far is that it is something that will never go beyond epic for me.
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    When a green insignia crits... it feels like one of the best rewards in the game! 😀

You can get powder directly from some lockboxes, and higher level insignia from others. And insignia from the tradebar store And we get choice packs sometimes. But mostly I get it from skill nodes and treasure chests. Sometimes I open a chest in (say) a dread ring lair and can get two or three insignia!
    edited September 2022
    mintmark said:

Sometimes I open a chest in (say) a dread ring lair and can get two or three insignia!

Yes, it does and it is more common in Dragonbone Vale map. It happened many times for me over there. i.e. even in its common area instead of the end chest of some kind of dungeon.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Every green insignia can be refined for 2 insignia powder (20% of base value), blue for 10 insignia powder and eventually they add up to 7500 needed to raise Legendary to Mythic. Epic Insignia can be purchased for 100 Trade bars (3 per mount). once I have 3 on all my mounts I will be able to refine epic insignia again for insignia powder to more quickly upgrade my Legendary to Mythic. It's a long game, but i have much time.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Its the blue jewels you need as well that has kept me from upgrading the collars, though the amount of insignia powder is a drag too. The blue ones with a dot of pink on them are so hard to get.