test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I was playing the Tiamat trial today. Bugs in the stats.

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
Unlike the old one where you could rush back as soon as you died you have to wait at the doorways, they won't let you back in. While standing there they kept giving notices like "rolling for pearls, so and so won with 80 you rolled 20" They did this 3 or 4 times more, I even won one. I was rolling nothing, I was waiting for it to end or everyone to die so we could go back in. I just had a huge debate with the forum know it alls that this can't happen-the stats reflected could not be wrong, I got all kinds of insults like you must not be as good as you think you are and more. The support team agreed that with the information I gave them something was wrong and said it might hasten getting fixed if I posted it here. Obviously after what I witnessed today there is a bug, because I wasn't rolling anything.

Comments

• plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    That’s just automatic when you’re in a party, no matter where you are in the world. Someone picks up a pearl or whatever and there’s a roll for who gets it. I’ve gotten tons of armor for other classes when in a party, which gets to be annoying when I’m low on inv space, lol. Doesn’t happen with gold, though. Whoever picks that up gets it.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    You can hide the loot rolls.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Unless it has changed recently, the entire party gets the gold.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

The support team agreed that with the information I gave them something was wrong and said it might hasten getting fixed if I posted it here.

There is a separate forum for bugs, that is where they said you should post.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/bug-reports-pc

Nitocris is reading the bugs forum weekly and relaying what she finds to the devs.

This forum may or may not be read by Cryptic.
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I'm having difficulty understanding the connection between loot rolls and a bug in stats. Could someone please enlighten me?
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    That’s just automatic when you’re in a party, no matter where you are in the world. Someone picks up a pearl or whatever and there’s a roll for who gets it. I’ve gotten tons of armor for other classes when in a party, which gets to be annoying when I’m low on inv space, lol. Doesn’t happen with gold, though. Whoever picks that up gets it. I usually win the rolls in the Shores of Tuern which I play for influence and try to do it quick as possible. I thought I won because I got the most hits in. So if its just random why would I win so much-ahh this game can be more confusing than an advanced logic class in college lol. But I was picking up money as well standing there doing nothing, so there must be some bug.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Gold is shared amongst party members as well as loot drops (white and grey items are auto-distributed in place and must be picked up by party members by default-can be changed via party leader's settings). Green and higher are rolled among all party members automatically, then you have the rarer drops that bring up the roll options and are not automatically rolled on. All this can be changed by the party leader.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Whose the party leader in a random dungeon?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    In a random, the only setting you can change is where you auto-roll
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    jana#2651 said:

Whose the party leader in a random dungeon?

The party leader usually has a crown next to their name on the upper left.
    Post edited by greywynd on
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.