test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Band of Air is absurd. Destroy it

Comments

• oldghost#2270 oldghost Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    no sorry. :smile: a few years ago the hunters worked but got heavily nerfed and hurt a lot. For several years no one has played a Hunter anymore. When I created this account they told me to choose any other class but not hunter, they were right it didn't hurt. Even now there are nerf signs.

• oldghost#2270 oldghost Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    for me there are 2 points that are wrong.

1 - for such an important item, the drop is left to chance!
    it is like saying I transform the easy into the difficult through the useless.
    those who try it experience frustration and those who have obtained it expect others to do the same even if it is wrong.

2 - creates an increase in damage (especially if you wear low-level items) too out of range.
    transform a low-level player into superman!
    I know I try several times to take off the BoA, try to play only one day without understanding what I say, and then think of all the people who would like to start playing now.
  • josephdirt#9503 josephdirt Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    "They" said it was going to be addressed within a month.
    That was a month ago.
    Wasn't it mod 18 that made old equipment useable again, and when people started using the Mirage set it was nerfed twice?

The Band of Trash has been in the game for over a year and still nothing is done. It breaks the game, and causes garbage players to become worse.

Every single day I see a rogue, warlock or barby running ahead of the group in any dungeon just trying to nuke everything to be "Top dps". All they really prove is that they are trash who are incapable of playing as a group.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

That was a month ago.
    Wasn't it mod 18 that made old equipment useable again, and when people started using the Mirage set it was nerfed twice?

The Band of Trash has been in the game for over a year and still nothing is done. It breaks the game, and causes garbage players to become worse.

Every single day I see a rogue, warlock or barby running ahead of the group in any dungeon just trying to nuke everything to be "Top dps". All they really prove is that they are trash who are incapable of playing as a group.

The only timeline we got for Band of Air was that it would be addressed by the time M24 comes out. All I can say is that it is being worked on.
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2022

That was a month ago.

Mostly people who have not been able to get a band of air write like this Because they just suck.
    Bet me that even if they nerf the band of air, it will not change anything for you, you will still be in the same HAMSTER
    Don't kid yourselves. I wonder what you will be blaming when it turns out that "oh god, unfortunately I'm still the worst dps/tank, how did it happen?".
    Lol.
    You have a proverb that captures the point of this whole discussion quite well: "a bad workman always blames his tools".
    Post edited by muschellka#7783 on
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    (Mostly people who have not been able to get a band of air write like this Because they just suck. Bet me that even if they nerf the band of air, it will not change anything for you, you will still be in the same HAMSTER
    Don't kid yourselves. I wonder what you will be blaming when it turns out that "oh god, unfortunately I'm still the worst dps/tank, how did it happen?".) Do you have any idea how arrogant you sound or are rather. You don't seem to be able to post anything without being really insulting and nasty. You obviously think your the player everyone should try to be. Probably with an unlimited amount of Zen to help you along as well which adds to your "talent: Does it really hurt to post something that doesn't put someone down.
    jana#2651 said:

Do you have any idea how arrogant you sound or are rather.

...And that's not the end of my advantages :)

I don't know how many you can count to, but I have 73 zen currently.
    For some it will be an unlimited amount for others it means nothing.
    You asked me not to comment on your posts, so why are you interested in what I write?
    For your information: band of air can not be bought in the zen market, you have to get it.
    > @jana#2651 said:
    > (Mostly people who have not been able to get a band of air write like this Because they just suck. Bet me that even if they nerf the band of air, it will not change anything for you, you will still be in the same HAMSTER
    > Don't kid yourselves. I wonder what you will be blaming when it turns out that "oh god, unfortunately I'm still the worst dps/tank, how did it happen?".) Do you have any idea how arrogant you sound or are rather. You don't seem to be able to post anything without being really insulting and nasty. You obviously think your the player everyone should try to be. Probably with an unlimited amount of Zen to help you along as well which adds to your "talent: Does it really hurt to post something that doesn't put someone down.

Most people who write like this are just trash.
    You obviously think you are better than anyone else playing the game, which is laughable considering the amount of players.
    Is it hard for you to see when something in the game is absolutely ridiculous? Put your ego down for a moment and consider other gear that has been in the game in recent years.
    Nothing has been as moronic as the Band of Trash.
    It simply ruins the game. Go play Lord of the Rings.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    "There are still some player-facing game changes by virtue of this being a new game build with newer data. For example, the Band of Air change we'd previously announced is in this build, along with reductions to the HP of various bosses in order to coincide with this change."

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1265957/dragonslayer-patch-brief-nw-270-20220831a-5

Well, there you go
  • deviltogoddeviltogod Member Posts: 12 Arc User

Frodo gets to his destination on Tuesday looks like
  • gloomx72gloomx72 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    The worst and most unbalanced item in the game & is all RNG.
    But that's not my problem with it, I respect the grind.
    My problem is it is account bound and can be transferred to all characters, yet the reagents needed for it are character bound. How does that even make any kind of remote sense?
    The reagents and the ring both need to be one way or the other.
    " Hold on a minute , let me grab my BoA from my other toon."
    "Yea I just made this toon a few days ago, I only have 5 boons & haven't started Sharandar or get VoS keys, but I out DPS'ed you by a bazzilon..why?..... BOA"
  • gloomx72 said:

The worst and most unbalanced item in the game & is all RNG.
    But that's not my problem with it, I respect the grind.
    My problem is it is account bound and can be transferred to all characters, yet the reagents needed for it are character bound. How does that even make any kind of remote sense?
    The reagents and the ring both need to be one way or the other.
    " Hold on a minute , let me grab my BoA from my other toon."
    "Yea I just made this toon a few days ago, I only have 5 boons & haven't started Sharandar or get VoS keys, but I out DPS'ed you by a bazzilon..why?..... BOA"

Someone told me that this ring gives something around 600 extra magnitude when proc. To give you an idea, in every rotation of my Wizard there is not an encounter power of this magnitude. I really had no interest in grinding this ring, but I felt that those who did should not be punished, and they weren't, all I saw was a fix for something broken and that unbalanced the classes. The normal thing would be that the set with the 2 rings would do this damage, since it would affect the construction of a character making it difficult/reducing the amount of status that players equip, in addition to making the ring bound to char, thus preventing the player from grinding them all the contents with all the characters because they only have 1 ring. Too bad the developers didn't look carefully at this.
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
  • vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Before starting to make such balances, you should first fix the animation cancelling. End game warlocks and barbarians abuse it, cleric healers too and perhaps other classes.
    Attacking more often than you should also has an effect of how "broken" you think BoA is (I admit it is, but because of animation cancelling, it looks even more broken).

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
    Enjoy. Band of Air is already a HAMSTER now.
    You have to look for something else to complain about now to justify your own indolence.

Congratulations. Great direction in the game: let everyone be equally crappy,
    it will surely give them joy to rediscover the old bugged content.
    Especially since it will now take them more time.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I admit it was very nice they fixed the problem with multiple PROCs that previously would occur, and while they reduced BoA (damage) for some they can overcome some of the reduction by completing the SET. Most previously would only acquire one not both; one would think it require both in ALL cases to achieve maximum benefit.

——―——―――——―——―――——―——―――——―——―――——―——―――——―——―――——―——―――
    ● Band of Air now procs only on actual attacks the player makes.

● Damage amount significantly reduced.
    We tried just the above proc reduction by itself, but Band of Air was still far outperforming Red Eye’s Glare in that case. So adjusting the damage was also necessary.

● Ring of Darkness (the other item in the Queen’s Empowerment set) has the same changes, but the damage amount was only reduced somewhat (it was not as high to begin with).
    ——―——―――

I was mostly grateful they fixed the multi PROC bug issue, just seems when they tested that alone, it was still far out performing... ...a few more may now consider the second ring.
    edited September 2022
    I am sure you haven't always just had 73 Zen and I am sure some of what you purchased with it has helped you play the game. Thats why I buy it sometimes, plus I love opening lockboxes. I just don't understand where all your nastiness towards people come from, some people get their feelings hurt easy and your comments would sure be awful for a new sensitive player. Can we try to lift the energy of this world, not make it worse. This is something that is so very important.
    I think now would be a good time to close this thread. People are not going to agree on this. Changes have already been planned, whether liked or not, so further input is mute, and only invites a back and forth that does nothing.
    edited September 2022
    jana#2651 said:

I am sure you haven't always just had 73 Zen and I am sure some of what you purchased with it has helped you play the game. Thats why I buy it sometimes, plus I love opening lockboxes. I just don't understand where all your nastiness towards people come from, some people get their feelings hurt easy and your comments would sure be awful for a new sensitive player. Can we try to lift the energy of this world, not make it worse. This is something that is so very important.

-This is a game and not a psychotherapy clinic-
    I do not know why in this thread lately the most to say have people who have only seen band of air on others....
    But for that they claim the right to put their three cents everywhere.

My feelings "are hurt" when I have to play with 75k dps which does one third the damage he should.
    But he spitting venom at someone who has a band of air, despite being carried by him. Hurtful.
    Though now pointless, since the devs listened to the poor "a new sensitive players".
    Post edited by muschellka#7783 on
    I never asked for a frigging thing to be taken from anyone pherrow-moan. I was commenting on someones insulting for no reason comments on peoples playing abilities. Your the one with weak sauce thinking, who was talking about taking anything from you? I was saying nice makes things nicer which unless your really iq challenged its obvious this world needs. Do enjoy whatever you have that your sure everyone wants.
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    > @jana#2651 said:
    > I never asked for a frigging thing to be taken from anyone pherrow-moan. I was commenting on someones insulting for no reason comments on peoples playing abilities. Your the one with weak sauce thinking, who was talking about taking anything from you? I was saying nice makes things nicer which unless your really iq challenged its obvious this world needs. Do enjoy whatever you have that your sure everyone wants.

I guess what I wrote is just too complicated for you to understand. But yes, nice makes things nicer...

Anyways, enjoy your coloring book. Sorry to interrupt you.
    aron#5106 said:

Enjoy. Band of Air is already a HAMSTER now.
    You have to look for something else to complain about now to justify your own indolence.

Congratulations. Great direction in the game: let everyone be equally crappy,
    it will surely give them joy to rediscover the old bugged content.
    Especially since it will now take them more time.

Calm down Gollum. The only one who has been carried by boa is you. Now you can go back to being a mediocre player. glhf.
    Well, you can even see it already :)
    Today 73k fighter did on HAMSTER-dungeon 1/3 of my dmg. I played without band of air, noob-sw 66k.
    Probably scaled me better or something. Or maybe... now something else i have op?
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I don't think BoA is a bad item (from a tanks perpective), issue is (or was) that it was way way too powerfull due the proc over proc triggering (which is a pain for tanks to mantain aggro), especially with rogues and Barbarians (in other cases (like a SW who was carried by BoA) i let them die to force a aggro reset for them..

I always worked around this problem by keep moving Bosses with BoA Melee DPS because when they cannot hit bosses then there is no proc triggered..
    I know quite some Melee DPS who is using this ring and actually pay attention to their aggro and stop with DPS for a few seconds to reset the aggro, but not all are aware of their aggro (those are the ones who complained their deaths towards Tanks and Healers).. the so called paingivers bible lovers..

Hope it will be better now with BoA changes, its good for tanks, good for healers and good for DPS
    my 2 cents
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    Simple fact is, the band of trash was never working as intended.
    The players knew it, the devs knew it. It's ridiculous that it was in the game for so long but everyone who has played the game for a day expected it to be changed. No point in complaining when you knew a nerf was coming. I never wanted to waste hundreds of hours in VoS for one piece of gear and it was justified.
    finmakin said:

I don't think BoA is a bad item (from a tanks perpective), issue is (or was) that it was way way too powerfull due the proc over proc triggering (which is a pain for tanks to mantain aggro), especially with rogues and Barbarians (in other cases (like a SW who was carried by BoA) i let them die to force a aggro reset for them..

I always worked around this problem by keep moving Bosses with BoA Melee DPS because when they cannot hit bosses then there is no proc triggered..
    I know quite some Melee DPS who is using this ring and actually pay attention to their aggro and stop with DPS for a few seconds to reset the aggro, but not all are aware of their aggro (those are the ones who complained their deaths towards Tanks and Healers).. the so called paingivers bible lovers..

Hope it will be better now with BoA changes, its good for tanks, good for healers and good for DPS
    my 2 cents

Reading such revelations, I am invariably grateful to my boyfriend, who can play tank so well that those nasty dps "carried by BOA" have never been terrible to him <3 But that's probably because he is a great tank 🙂
    From a healer's point of view, too, I've never had any problems with BOA-equipped dps. Hmmm, I wonder why?

For me, what you write sounds like justifying that someone is doing badly. I, too, sometimes fail to deal with something, but for that I am aware of my own mistakes, I don't look for excuses for them and I don't blame the items that I can't get myself.