test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG: Crashing occurring since 8-18-2022 patch

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited August 2022 in Bug Reports (PC)
Just since last patch on (08-18-2022) sometimes getting crash notifications for no reason. I received one in Barovia fighting Witches in the sky, yet previously several always rarely had that happen sometimes. Still I also saw one today after just switching to one character to pray, and then this:

*sigh* Been a very long time since I've seen one of these and I'm using the current NVidia Driver's too, 516.94 published Aug 9th or so?

@nitocris83
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll ask around to those who know these error codes better than me :)
  • Options

I'll ask around to those who know these error codes better than me :)

I saw it once on Thursday after patch while in Barovia fighting the Witch (who fly up in the sky) yet then on Friday saw it one time just praying one time.

Anyways thank you for looking into it!
  • Options
    This is strange update:

I downloaded and installed this right after the first crash, and it did so again (crash) next day just praying as I told support which is shown above.

516.94 WHQL
    Release Date: 2022.8.9

PRIOR to that I had been using Nvidia Driver (512.95) in June 7th 2022. I had runs those up till Monday, when I had to reinstall my OS at advice of MS to fix another issue.

Since I reinstalled the OS on Monday (this week) and I forget to install the Nvidia Driver 516.94 - Aug 9 2022, or 512.95 - June 7 2022 versions this older driver 2020-09-30 does not crash NW like the new ones identified above? I mailed support that info after they closed the ticket, but hopefully they might see it still and pass it along.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Not sure if this is related though started experiencing app crashes on PS4 version of Neverwinter recently when logging onto a character created during the recruitment event first rather than a character created prior (playing on the PS5).

It just happened again seven times in a row when trying to log onto a a recruitment event character. Tried logging onto a non-recruitment event character and the game loaded just fine the first time.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    Might be a separate issue, I'd log on PS4 (Bug Forum) this is for PC.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    @strathkin we looked at the error you posted in your original post and it appears to be very isolated, we only identified 6 accounts and they each experienced it just once so it doesn't give us sufficient data to investigate. I'll follow up with the additional info you provided in regards to the drivers but if you start crashing again, please let us know!
  • Options
    I reinstalled Windows OS last Monday, and when it did I kept on the NVidia (Windows Certified Drivers) they included that are dated 2020-09-30, which is almost two years older yet it doesn't crash.
  • Options
    seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User

• Options
    Yea for some reason I received that twice, yet only with the more recent drivers recently. I reinstalled Windows which came with included with a version from 2020-09-30 (Nvidia Driver) which reinstalls with the most recent updates (21H2) that Windows itself certifies, it doesn't crash so I've left the older drivers on it.

That is Windows 11, till then I'll keep the 2020-09-30 drivers. Not sure if your situation was the same?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Nvidia driver is from this year (2022) and yesterday i updated the windows 10 from 21H1 version to 21H2.

Edit for spelling
    Post edited by seekey#7769 on
  • Options
    Also, screenshot made by 'Print Screen' a few seconds before posted it here directly by 'ctrl+V'