test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Calling all tanks to go on Strike

2»

Comments

• mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    I'm still trying to figure out why tanking is so hard. Recently tanked for the first time ever and it happened to be in VoS. As a group, we had a total of one death. My defense was 37% and my awareness was 28%. But I did have 930k HP which may have what made the run so smooth. Next try when I'll tank it, I'll up my speed a bit so I can get aggro on the mobs a little quicker.
  • cat0w0#3812 cat0w0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    well there are lots of nice ppl out there and DPS hungry jerks too.. I just watch them die its fun to see waste all there buffs and i have the best ability to mute them if they are saying toxic stuff and i ask them " if u are ahead of me or i see the red bar on u before the boss i wd like to watch u dead if healer want to show u there love its fine by me :) " and as for speed.. run with 3 gladiator guile and guild boon u shd be fine and as far as doing dmg on tank tht is not our job/role..
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I hope that every tank who has a knockback ability on their toolbar does go on strike.
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User

well there are lots of nice ppl out there and DPS hungry jerks too.. I just watch them die its fun to see waste all there buffs and i have the best ability to mute them if they are saying toxic stuff and i ask them " if u are ahead of me or i see the red bar on u before the boss i wd like to watch u dead if healer want to show u there love its fine by me :) " and as for speed.. run with 3 gladiator guile and guild boon u shd be fine and as far as doing dmg on tank tht is not our job/role..

Let me guess... Are you from wickid school?

• karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I kind of like the dragon hunts, so no to a strike.
    As to the rest, build right and learn to move to not die to mobs.
    Runners? Never pick up a runner, they make great rugs.
    Tanks are not in a bad place right now, so this all seems meaningless.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2022

i have 90% defence 88% awareness 83% critical avoidance 89% deflect and 60% deflect severity ( when all bonuses activate ofcourse) at 70k. I stopped read the op post at : tank has expensive gear.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    The previous big thread about the unfortunate wronged tanks, hated by malicious devs was about two-three years ago.
    > You spoke out then as a beginner tank.
    > If you haven't learned to play it by now.... well, I guess there's no hope for you, even if these tanks would be gilded
    I could have sworn musselchesk that you said your started playing last Oct? So how would you have remembered a thread from 2 or 3 years ago. I love the way you call anyone talking about problems being a tank whiners, but its okay for you to whine about healers. Good one.
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

The previous big thread about the unfortunate wronged tanks, hated by malicious devs was about two-three years ago.
    > You spoke out then as a beginner tank.
    > If you haven't learned to play it by now.... well, I guess there's no hope for you, even if these tanks would be gilded
    I could have sworn musselchesk that you said your started playing last Oct? So how would you have remembered a thread from 2 or 3 years ago. I love the way you call anyone talking about problems being a tank whiners, but its okay for you to whine about healers. Good one.

Don't swear, because perjury is punishable.
    I have been playing since the 3rd mod. While the current account I have since October
    Your worshiping me don't care me much, while I will correct one thing.
    The name of my account is muschellka, dear janusz :)
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Well, at least tanks are getting a good tank ring in MOD24 to make up for the ring we just lost. DPS got garbage.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

Well, at least tanks are getting a good tank ring in MOD24 to make up for the ring we just lost. DPS got garbage.

Does this mean there will be a DPS strike aswell ? Hopefully the trade unions will be able to sort this mess out.

PS: Before entering negotiations with the developers, remember Jimmy Hoffa
    Elite Whaleboy
  • This has always wondered me. Why generally tanks are so crying. All in all, as if anyone really had a reason to cry, first and foremost it should be healers.
    What cryptic did with healing, all this HAMSTER reworking of them, is the biggest failure of the game.
    Out of 3 tanks in the game, only one class uses divinity.
    Out of four healers, every one of them has to use this HAMSTER, although they call it something else. From the beginning, the HAMSTER-up tab doesn't allow for normal smooth play.
    And the devs, instead of doing something constructive, put a monument to the worst tank in the game.
    Despite this... you don't see the "oh why do you devs hate healers so much?" threads.

It was on Reddit, last December, and got quite the buzz iirc.
  • gastndorf#9723 gastndorf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I don’t necesarily think tank survivability is an issue as is, I think it’s more of a scaling problem, because there are some very easy dungeons you could just face tank and barely lose any HP, and then there are the dungeons where every single mob can kill you in two hits…

What I hate though in the current meta tank building is the fact that the gear is HAMSTER, litteraly. Firstly most of the gear you can get is either defense or awareness, this is annoying, can’t we get some great deflect or crit resistance gear? Can’t we get good insignias that are not either defense or awareness?
    Secondly, the bonuses are horrendous, everything is temporary, 4, 5, 10 seconds on doing dumb stuff like running around, spamming encounters or using dailies with 30 second cooldowns or unique enemies or whatever, while the other classes get free 7500 rating for keeping their life above 50% or stuff like red eye glare giving you free stats for litteraly nothing. Can’t I get like a green eye glare giving me free deflect efficiency doing nothing too? So unfair.

This and the fact you have to dedicate stuff to threat building, so annoying. This generally means you barely cap one and a half stat (the two stats being defense and awareness because again, horrible defensive stats representation in gear… I get it they are the best defensives but please, at some point we get enough of it…) and you got to be happy with it. Sorry but this sucks, end of first rant.

Now though I’m gonna rant on your average tank in dungeons too, because I’ve been observing a weird trend on tanks for months, since I’m a paladin playing both parangons indiscriminately and get to experience both sides of the coin. Most tanks don’t use shield, never, ever, litteraly never, their shield is lava. They litteraly prefer to die rather than pop up their shield, I tried to check many times, or they wait until they have just no more than a slither of health in their HP bar.

This is wrong, so wrong, you’re not tanking, you’re just a carry and the healer surrogates the tanking for you, sorry to say. We can see your stamina bar people, we know that you don’t. You know how slowly divinity recharges? Very slow, way slower than stamina that’s granted! (And slower than divinity on a paladin tank it seems, quite ironically…) I wish you could see the divinity bar of others too, see what kind of strain you’re putting on the healer with your laziness. Same with HP, they don’t even recharge on their own in battle, your healer does that, and you’re making them have extra work. So please protect your HP like your life depends on it! (see what I did?)

You should use your shield at all time! This is your primary defense, this makes you take ZERO damage, this is better than any defensive stat. Recharge is too slow? Use the encounter which recharges it, every tank has one, they are all pretty solid. Fighter and pally even have an at will as extra. Still not enough? Well you could invest in some artefact giving you 15% stamina regen, there are many: Gond anvil, Champion’s banner, Wheel of elements, Simril beacon, some sigils… Provided you need one slot for your active and one for your set, that would leave you with two artefacts and a 30% regen. You could even use the Mythallar fragment as active because this is a decent debuffer for an extra 12%. Hell you could even use the mythallar set for extra threat, that would leave you with three free slots and a whopping 57% stamina regen!

Damn if you’re a fighter, you don’t even have to block, you can just have dig in do the same thing with so many added buffs (15% awareness are you kidding me???) Barbarians can use their rage and have some nice buffs too, but not as good as dig in. Paladins well we have it dirty, having to use our precious divinity to even use the mechanic, which then prevents us from properly build threat potentially, for a power that needs both a feat to be on par with the others stamina wise, and to also block or you’re only blocking half the damage, and if you block it stops working in all directions, oh my… yeah our tab sucks, forget it it’s just not worth it most of the time…

Use your shield, your stamina is your best friend. Hope it’s an eye opener for a couple people at the very least.