test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adult Dragon hunt, pushed through barrier

Greetings,
GM Ovric suggested I should post this on forum.
We were helping a friend with Adult dragon hunts. On my TR(rogue)
I used a deft strike and the Black dragon turned and bit me, and threw me through the barrier at the exit by chest. We were in the third phase and almost done, I was still taking damage and getting stunned from the dragon but could not attack/target, or get back into the arena. The friend was on heal build and once the second dps died, we failed it.
Thank you for reaching out.
I've read that you and a friend were running an Adult Dragon Hunt when you were flung through the barrier by the Black Dragon, where you were still taking damage. You also mentioned that you were unable to return to the arena to help and the hunt failed when your DPS got defeated.

Based on your description, it appears that you may have encountered a bug. I appreciate your effort in reporting your experience to us.

To aid in my investigation, may I know if this is your first Adult Dragon Hunt and if you encountered the
issue before? May I ask what exactly happened when you tried to get back to the arena?

It was not my first hunt. I was helping a person finish up their adult dragons. When I tried to get back into the arena, the blue barrier stopped me. I was at the End area with the chest, so there was no spy port to see the conflict. The dragon would get aggro from me when he would come near, and he could hurt me through the barrier. The dragon could fit through the barrier up to shoulders, I tried to pull him through but it wouldn't come, so I could not attack and damage the dragon. Hope this helps, thank you

I've forwarded all the information you've provided me to our Lead GM, who relays bug reports to our Development Team for investigation and a potential fix. If you have the time and haven't done so already, I encourage you to share your findings on the Nevewinter forum to help the developers in collecting data. When we receive any updates about this, it will be announced in a patch note that will be posted on our website. You can find the links below.

In addition, I was on my TR (rogue) when this happened. Many times this toon gets stuck or pushed through walls. When I am on my tank, i can get pushed up against the barrier without getting pushed through. Thank you again.
~Iridian Nightcrawler
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I guess this is the same bug as Ballad of Baphomet which has been there like forever. For Ballad of Baphomet, any class could be push out but Rogue was the common one. As far as I know, they did not fix Ballad of Baphomet issue but might make it less likely to happen. In addition, people learned to stay between Baphomet and the center of the arena but you can't do that easily with dragon.

By the way, if you are not stunned and use path of blade, your rogue should still be able to hit it if it is close enough although it would be like scratching it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    This haven't happened to me but i've seen a video (a few weeks ago) about someone who also got pushed through the barrier and wasn't able to return to the fight.
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Ballad of Baphomet is annoying, but you are able to defeat him if your companion does damage. Even it you don't, it is only a few minutes lost if you need to redo the instance. Path of the Blade doesn't seem to do much damage, if any, but when this happens to me, it was because I teleported behind Baphomet for the added damage and he turns and pushes me. I forget what the encounter is called but with other bosses, it works well, especially after tank has aggro.

The Adult dragon is much more annoying because you may be the only DPS in the instance, especially if you are helping healers get their dragons done to do ancients (eg. the OP). When this happened to me, Path of the Blade and Smoke Bomb did not damage the dragon very much either, and we ended up wiping. It has happened to others within my group of three, and we were lucky that we could finish without the toon that was pushed-unfortunately, it happened to be the tank. At least it was only an adult dragon, but it is still a significant time loss to either go back to beginning or solo the dragon. Much more annoying than Baphomet due to the time lost.

I have not been pushed through the barrier with my cleric--but that could be from lack of aggro since I typically run him in a decent dps group.