test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There is a bug that doesn't reflect my damage correctly, and ridiculous workshop failure.

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
This is what I sent the support team, and they said I should also make you aware of it here.
jana#2651

Aug 11, 2022, 17:51 PDT

At the end of a skirmish or quest only once in a great while am I up where I should be. I just finished the illusionists gambit, you know the beginning one, and I came in last on enemies slain and damage dealt which is ridiculous. I noticed at the Summer Festival like in the Hungry Trolls contest and at the shores of Tueren if someone else hits a target of mine even if I have done most of the damage they get all the credit. I NEVER GET CREDIT UNLESS i AM THE ONLY ONE THAT HIT IT. I know you guys can't do anything about it but could you please ask the developers to fix this, its stale and I would appreciate it so very much. TY

As for the workshop a lot of the time when I try to make something that is like 40 morale I get a ugly red x;s and a failure, mmy artisan is level 20 and use to make those with no failure, and as I am always charged the full percentage of commission even if an artisan says 50% or 75% off this is way annoying. Could you please fix that as well. Oh and my stats and totals are all good, most of them are over the totals.

Comments

• sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    If you want to check your dmg, use /combatlog and parse txt in ACT (plugin here). While not 100% accurate, can give you a better idea of what are you doing.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    jana#2651 said:

As for the workshop a lot of the time when I try to make something that is like 40 morale I get a ugly red x;s and a failure, mmy artisan is level 20 and use to make those with no failure, and as I am always charged the full percentage of commission even if an artisan says 50% or 75% off this is way annoying. Could you please fix that as well. Oh and my stats and totals are all good, most of them are over the totals.

If you do not have "real" 100% proficiency, it can fail.

e.g. 100% 400/400 or 100% 500/400

Not:
    100% 399/400 ----- This can fail.

And you were told many times in other thread you posted, the commission you see already reflects the discounted rate based on your artisan.

This artesian has no commission discount and you see 2 silver 50 copper in commission.

This artisan has 50% commission discount and you see 1 silver and 25 copper in commission.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited August 2022
    jana#2651 said:

I noticed at the Summer Festival like in the Hungry Trolls contest and at the shores of Tueren if someone else hits a target of mine even if I have done most of the damage they get all the credit. I NEVER GET CREDIT UNLESS i AM THE ONLY ONE THAT HIT IT.

You made a contradiction statements.
    1. Others hit it once and got all the credit. That means others are not the only one that hit it. That means they got the credit and they are also not the only one who hit it.
    2. You NEVER get credit unless you are the only one that hit it.

So, what makes you so special comparing with others?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    jana#2651 said:

and I came in last on enemies slain and damage dealt which is ridiculous.

The most obvious explanation is that you are not as good as you think. An ACT parse would be useful to substantiate your claims.

Remember it is not only about gear but also playstyle. You might have issues with your playstyle that makes you not utilize your character fully. The first approach if you feel you don't get credits is to verify the problem is not with you.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

jana#2651 said:

and I came in last on enemies slain and damage dealt which is ridiculous.

The most obvious explanation is that you are not as good as you think. An ACT parse would be useful to substantiate your claims.

Remember it is not only about gear but also playstyle. You might have issues with your playstyle that makes you not utilize your character fully. The first approach if you feel you don't get credits is to verify the problem is not with you.
    I would agree with this - are you using Combat Advantage when attacking Mobs? [i.e. opposite another player]

Also timing of attacks - I seem to recall if the mob only has 1000 hp left and you hit for 50,000 only 1000 goes towards your end total?

I have seen well played lower Item level toons far outstrip high level less well played toons, mainly due to timing and positioning.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Leaving the summer festival aside and only looking at Shores or any other dungeon/skirmish, imho, it really doesn't matter who kills the mob or does the most damage. What I tend to look for is "am I benefiting the party by my playstyle and character capabilities?". There is no extra reward at the end chest for most kills or highest damage or most shielded or highest heals etc. What matters most is you succeed at the dungeon and have fun doing what you are doing--it's still a game.

Talking about the summer festival or any festival that provides a reward for a task (eg. Hungry Trolls) for killing mobs--maybe transfer to a different instance so that you don't have competition on those particular mobs. Summer Festival and Winter Festival usually run more than 30 instances so you shouldn't have too much of an issue finding an empty zone.

If you really want to see how you stack up against others, then listen to the above suggestions--use ACT to track your damage. It may be that while you have really nice character items or enchants or powers, you might be better off using them in a different order or timing the attacks differently or using lesser item level equipment but ones that provide a better bonus. Companions/mounts that provide different effects also play a large roll in increasing your damage output. Timing your attacks with the best options for the situation (ie. you might not want to use the same attacks for groups of mobs compared to single boss fights) can help maximize your damage.
    Finally, while someone that has an 80,000 item level will usually do significantly more damage than someone with a 70,000 item level, that may not always be the case--and there are multiple threads on this forum that have discussed that very issue.

I understand that there are quite a few frustrating issues with playing this game. My humble suggestion is that you pay attention to the people that have responded to your thread, as well as your other threads. The responses have been very helpful because these people have been around for a long time and know what they are talking about--and the people responding tend to take an interest in helping others and will help you if you do what they suggest. Be patient and try to understand what they are suggesting and you will end up on the top of the painkiller (if that is your end goal).
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    aslan3775 said:

What I tend to look for is "am I benefiting the party by my playstyle and character capabilities?". There is no extra reward at the end chest for most kills or highest damage or most shielded or highest heals etc. What matters most is you succeed at the dungeon and have fun doing what you are doing--it's still a game.

Which is why I wish they would just remove that board at the end of runs.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    I hope this will never happen.
    Imagination is good in the bedroom, but not in the dungeon.
    There are too many arrogant idiots, not contributing much to the game but having a high opinion about themselves.
    The scoreboard shows how it really is.
    And at the same time it allows you to see that something is wrong with our game.
    Under no circumstances should it disappear.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

What if the bedroom is a dungeon? Hmm?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    All the more reason to use your imagination to fight the hmm... boss :)
    edited August 2022

I hope this will never happen.
    There are too many arrogant idiots, not contributing much to the game but having a high opinion about themselves.
    The scoreboard shows how it really is.
    And at the same time it allows you to see that something is wrong with our game.
    Under no circumstances should it disappear.

The scoreboard does not show how one really is but people think it does. The information is misleading and people chase something that is useless.
    Why does DPS run ahead? Well, because of the scoreboard. Whoever hit the mob first, usually get the most score. If the mob's HP has 1000 HP left and you hit 1million to kill it, your score is 1000. High score does not show how powerful you are. It shows you hit mob earlier/faster than others. And I know some people do not revive dead party members. It is not because they are busy to survive but because that can tank their 'scores'.
    Being better is precisely about hitting faster and harder mobs/bosses and not about picking up carrion.
    That's what scrolls and potions are for, to use them.
    You want to go to dungeons, invest so you don't waste others' time with your uselessness.
    And what about the boss? Also someone hit first? A bunch of nonsense.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

T Oh and my stats and totals are all good, most of them are over the totals.

Totals can go up to 90%. Ratings can reach at most 50%, that leaves at least 40% to cap the totals.

So for example Combat advantage of 61% total leaves 29% to improve, which will increase your damage by 18% (if you use combat advantage correctly)
    72% power leaves 18% more power to improve, which will increase your damage by 10%.
    Increasing accuracy from 35% to 90% will gain 21% damage.
    And so on with critical severity and critical chance.

Ratings are not the end of char development, the totals are more important, also there are direct damage bonuses and items of significant importance like BoA.
    Also, afaik, while thaum is not as bad as it was, it's still the weaker path. But at the end playstyle decides a lot, using combat advantage, debuff timings, daily powers, and even choosing the correct powers for the correct targets. For example using long damage over time on a target that will die in a single hit is a huge waste.
    jana#2651 said:

I noticed at the Summer Festival like in the Hungry Trolls contest and at the shores of Tueren if someone else hits a target of mine even if I have done most of the damage they get all the credit. I NEVER GET CREDIT UNLESS i AM THE ONLY ONE THAT HIT IT.

In most cases a kill registered to everyone that dealt some damage over a certain threshold. If you did the most job you will see it on the paingiver chart in any group content. Paingiver chart shows HP removed from your enemies.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Thank you plastic bat for you arrogant answer and the few other arrogant people here. Thank you to the ones who try to be geuinely helpful. There are some real bugs in this game and I seem to find a lot of them.
    By the way if the commission in the workshop was shown, why would it be the same for someone who had 0 compared to someone who had -50% off?
    edited August 2022
    jana#2651 said:

By the way if the commission in the workshop was shown, why would it be the same for someone who had 0 compared to someone who had -50% off?

Post your example. That should not be hard for you since you see the bugs all the time.
    Plastic Bat and Muschelka, your answers are so sarcastic, I have invested Musklwhatever, I think your answer reflected uselessness at its best/or worst. Why respond if your not trying to actually be helpful. I dont even know what carrion your referring to nor do I want to. I am not going to bother to post that the commission cost at the workshop is the same for someone who is -50 off or -0. I wish both of you would ignore my posts in the future and find someone else to exert your superiority complex on. I needed some help, the support team are the ones who suggested I post it here for the developers to see and they agreed there was something wrong and are moving it to them but it takes so much time and thought it would be faster here. Have a great life.
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    which item are you trying to make and which two artisans are you comparing?
    Maybe someone has the same artisans and can try exactly the same steps...
    jana#2651 said:

Plastic Bat and Muschelka, your answers are so sarcastic, I have invested Musklwhatever, I think your answer reflected uselessness at its best/or worst. Why respond if your not trying to actually be helpful. I dont even know what carrion your referring to nor do I want to. I am not going to bother to post that the commission cost at the workshop is the same for someone who is -50 off or -0. I wish both of you would ignore my posts in the future and find someone else to exert your superiority complex on. I needed some help, the support team are the ones who suggested I post it here for the developers to see and they agreed there was something wrong and are moving it to them but it takes so much time and thought it would be faster here. Have a great life.

Well.
    None of my statements were about you, but apparently you somehow felt triggered. Not my fault.
    I'm an advocate of telling the truth without wrapping it in a gold paper. A pat on the head won't help if someone makes glaring mistakes.
    You can help such a person, of course, but he must realize his own mistakes. No one will do this part of the job instead of you. A good method is to inspect endgame players, in terms of items, gear, companions and mounts. Look for a good build for your class.
    And instead of looking for the cause in yourself, you blame the game, bugs and other people.
    You received very good tips from Micky, but you skipped them focusing entirely on my arrogant response, according to you, to another post.
    Think about what you expect.

Nothing from you in the future. You have a hateful superior attitude, you are not trying to be helpful. Which I why I asked that you and plastic bat ignore any posts of mine in the future.
    Oh dear, I think I'm going to cry :)
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Bugs don't just randomly happen, there needs to be something that causes it to act one way for some people and another way for others. Pointing out conflicting statements and clarifying them helps find out what the bug is, if it exists. Getting defensive because you think people on the forums are attacking you doesn't help matters and just causes more drama. Jana, you have a habit of jumping to conclusions and missing key details, so of course people are going to assume there is more that you haven't stated. Instead of thinking everyone is out to get you, maybe just try and clarify what you are seeing and understand that making mistakes and being wrong about something is not a big deal.