test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avernus Milestone Zariel not Account Wide but "new" Astral Lockbox Zariel is? Make both Account Wide

joelmessedup#5710 joelmessedup Member Posts: 35 Arc User
edited August 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
I saw on preview the latest changes to the goodies in the Astral Lockbox, which look impressive! But I am also confused about one specifically...Zariel -Account at Legendary status. I know there are not many of the top 100 Avernus Milestone players still out there playing Neverwinter currently, but this really irked me to see.

I remember when I first got my Zariel companion, she was of Epic quality and NOT account wide. There have been forum posts asking for her to become Account wide in the past, all of which the answer was more or less "no". Now that this upcoming Astral Lockbox is including an Account Wide Zariel (at LEGENDARY no less) I am once again asking if the Zariel from the original Milestone Achievement be made account wide. I don't even care that she is Epic vs the new Legendary, I just would like her to be account wide.

It seems a bit unfair that in order to have her on other toons besides my original one, I have to rebuy/make a trade/open lockboxes for her. If the Milestones were supposed to be an achievement, why does it not feel like one now with this upcoming Astral Lockbox? The wings were made account wide and I cannot be MORE THANKFUL for that! Please do so with original Zariel companion as well =)

@percemer @nitocris83

-CX
Tagged:

Comments

• joelmessedup#5710 joelmessedup Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    It has also just come to my attention that the "new" account wide Zariel does not show up in the companions tab like the original epic Zariel does...something else to consider potentially <3<3<3
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    I guess in theory the "limited to 100" epic version of Zariel is still 'exclusive' since nobody else can have the epic version. If one upgraded it, oh well.....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User

It has also just come to my attention that the "new" account wide Zariel does not show up in the companions tab like the original epic Zariel does...something else to consider potentially <3<3<3</p>

What do you mean? Surely you can select it as an active companion?

• fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Think they're talking about the collection?

I can see why people are upset about this tbh. If you quit your job back in the day trying to get into the top 100 and now have nothing to show for it, it's more than reasonable to be a little disappointed. The account-wide inconsistency is just a rotten cherry on top I guess. It's not a major issue to me personally, but I'm always amazed how little thought the devs put into these things. Because in the end there's no need to put the original Zariel out. You could have done a minor reskin, name it Silver-Feathered Zariel and call it a day.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Think they're talking about the collection?

I can see why people are upset about this tbh. If you quit your job back in the day trying to get into the top 100 and now have nothing to show for it, it's more than reasonable to be a little disappointed. The account-wide inconsistency is just a rotten cherry on top I guess. It's not a major issue to me personally, but I'm always amazed how little thought the devs put into these things. Because in the end there's no need to put the original Zariel out. You could have done a minor reskin, name it Silver-Feathered Zariel and call it a day.

I don't think it's a matter of how much thought, but lack of communication between departing and arriving developers. We've had 4 Executive Producers in very short time (3 since Mod 19 even) and many lead developers leaving Cryptic.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

You could have done a minor reskin, name it Silver-Feathered Zariel and call it a day.

The Soradiel pet is basically that. She looks different but is the same otherwise.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • joelmessedup#5710 joelmessedup Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    To clarify, yes I meant that in the Journal where you see which companions you own or don't, the "new" Zariel does not show up, whereas the Milestone Zariel will...

And my thoughts exactly concerning the "silver-feathered Zariel" idea and the Soradiel already in game...why didn't they make the "new" Zariel just a new version of the Soradiel? Alternatively, Soradiel when it was bought in the Zen store was also Account Wide...but the Milestone Zariel has never been...so essentially all other versions of Zariel EXCEPT the Milestone one are Account Wide which is just a slap in the face considering how much work it was to get to the top 100 for any of the milestones =(
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    -- as usual, I am confused with different thing --
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***