test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ranger's bugs extended list

"Stance mastery" provides 3% stamina regeneration instead of 5% in range stance.

"Focused", "Seeker's Vengeance", "Aspect of the Falcon", "Aspect of the Serpent", "Slasher's Expertise", "More Than Disruptibe" don't affect dailies. Maybe change description of these abilities, if they shouldn't affect daylies?

Abilities without damage deal don't consume "Aspect of the Serpent" stacks. Seems that "Marauder's Escape" doesn't deal damage, it only gives to player damage dealing buff.

"Longshot" gives 50% buff to range encounters which summs with other buffs instead of multiply with them. It makes all buffs to range encounters very weak.

Damage from "Split Shot" has 5 targets limit instead of 15.
Damage from "Blade Shtorm" has 5 targets limit instead of 15.
Roots from "Constricting Arrow" have 5 targets limit instead of 15.
Damage from "Seismic Shot" has 5 targets limit instead of 15.
Damage from "Cold Steel Hurricane" has 10 targets limit instead of 15.
Damage from "Forest Ghost" has 1 target limit instead of 15.

I think its better to change "Forest Ghost" description to this because its hard to understand current description:
"Slip into the forest where remain unseen for a short duration. While hidden, you deal damage to nearby enemies every second.
Magnitude: 100"
And move 15' range from ability description to ability header.

"Rain of Arrows" deals random amount of hits, usually it deals 3-4 hits. All hits have 23.6 (260 / 11) magnitude. Maybe this encounter should always deal 11 hits?

"Ambush" interrupt all abilities casted when I become invisible or when I leave invisibility. (Abilities go on coolown without any action)

"Ambush" can ends earlier without an attack ability used (it can be interrupted by DoTs, summon's attacks, artifact, mount combat power, etc.). If this happens, "Ambush" doesn't deal bonus damage.

"Ambush" damage type depends on damage type of the caused ability. So if "Ambush" triggered after critical hit, it also deals critical hit; if triggered after melee ability, it also deals melee damage; etc.

"Hindering Strike" cast sometimes interrupt (ability goes on cooldown without any action). I don't know why this happens and I haven't got video with this bug. It seems bug happens when enemies push me by running close to my character while I cast this ability. I don't know if this can help, but this ability also incorrecty interacted with old bug: it interacted like all target abilities althrow this ability casts without target. Maybe bug happens due to some obsolete code in this ability?

"Slasher's Mark" damage type isn't melee or range (I can't increase this ability damage by melee or range buffs).

"Aspect of the Falcon", "More Than Disruptive" don't affect "Rain of Arrows" and "Cordon of Arrows".

"Seeker's Vengeance" doesn't affect "Split the Sky" and "Thorn Ward".

"Seeker's Vengeance" multiply with other damage buffs instead of sums with them when it affect "Rain of Arrows".

"Deft Strikes" increase only first hit or not increase damage at all from "Marauder's Escape", "Rain of Arrows", "Cordon of Arrows", "Split the Sky", "Fox Shift", "Thorn Ward".

During tests, it was found that "Cordon of Arrows" receives 10% damage buff from an unknown source if player selected Hunter Paragon. (I think it receive buff from "Aspect of the Falcon" even if it isn't selected)

Almost all buffs don't affect damage from "Thorned Roots" and "Storm Strike" third hit AoE.

Roots bugs:
This is the part of the grasping roots descriptions: "Strong Grasping roots also apply to nearby enemies to the main target". I checked all abilities, but strong grasping roots can't apply to nearby enemies from all of them. Maybe remove this part from the grasping root description?

"Trorned Roots" hits count depends on seleted Feats and Class Features:
Without "Crushing Roots" and "Biting Snares" they deal 3 hits.
With "Crushing Roots" and without "Biting Snares" they deal 6 hits.
Without "Crushing Roots" and with "Biting Snares" they deal 4 hits.
With "Crushing Roots" and "Biting Snares" they deal 9 hits.

"Strong Grasping Roots" deal damage to control immune targets as "Grasping Roots" even without "Thorned Roots" feat. Maybe move description part "When hitting a control immune target, an additional 225 magnitude damage is dealt immediatly." from "Thorned Roots" feat to "Grasping Roots" mechanic?

Bugs with crits:
"Bear Trap" and "Cordon of arrows" can't deal critical damage. (I used them 100 times with 60% critical chance, but haven't got any crits)

Enchantmets crits: enchantments should deal critical damage / heal when ability deals critical hit, but enchatments don't deal crits from many hunter's abilities (I made list relying on Bilethorn and Holy Avenger Enchantments crits):

Works correctly from:
Third hit of "Storm Strike", "Electric Shot", "Hindering Shot", "Hindering Strike", "Constricting Arrow", "Binding Arrow", "Gushing Wound", "Cold Steel Hurricane" and "Slasher's Mark".

Enchantment can't deal crits from:
First and second hits of "Storm Strike", "Rapid Shot", "Rapid Strike", "Split Shot", "Split Strike", "Clear the Ground", "Penetrating Arrows", "Hunter's Teamwork", "Careful Attack", "Aimed Shot", "Aimed Strike", "Marauder's Rush", "Steel Breeze", "Rain of Arrows", "Rain of Swords", "Cordon of Arrows", "Plant Growth", "Throw Caution", "Boar Charge", "Thorn Strike", "Longstrider's Shot", "Hawk Shot", "Rapid Volley", "Windwalk Strike", "Commanding Shot", "Snipe", "Call of the Storm", "Disruptive Shot".

Enchantment doesn't deal additional damage (8% bonus damage) after:
"Storm Strike" third hit AoE, "Careful Attack" hits, "Gushing Wound" DoTs, "Lighting Enchanted Weapon" hits (buff from the "Call of the Storm").

Enchantment doesn't work with:
"Marauder's Escape", "Split the Sky", "Fox Shift", "Thorn Ward", "Ambush".

These abilities can't deal crits so I can't check enchantment interaction with them:
"Bear Trap", Cordon of Arrows", "Boar Hide", "Fox's Cunning", "Oak Skin", "Hawkeye", "Stag Heart".

Comments

• sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Addition 1:

After m20 all abilities should give players Action Points equal to 22 * [Ability Cast Time (in seconds)], but "Aimed Shot" with 1 second Cast Time gives only 16 Action Points. As a result players accumulate Actions Points 37.5% slower when using "Aimed Shot" At-will.

Buff from "Stag Heart" disappears from the targets when they leave combat. (It's very annoying)

"Boar Hide", "Fox's Cunning", "Oak Skin", "Hawkeye" and "Stag Heart" can be applied to enemy players if they are in one team with ranger.
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    As one of the players who has a ranger character i thank you for the time you spent on making this report. Since the roots are control effects the devs seems not really care to solve these issues at least not permanently. Sadly =(
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    *Bump*
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    1 y.o. post, but would be great to know if some of those bugs were fixed :o