test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragonslayer Patch Brief: NW.138.20220718a.3

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Hey folks,

Though the "137" changed to a "138" in the version number, this isn't a full-sized module update. What you can expect to see in this build is:
  • The return of Rothé Valley as an Adventure.
  • An update to the Dragonflight encounter in the Stronghold, using the new style of dragons and updated rewards.
  • A new NPC in the quest hub of the Well of Dragons commemorating departed player WiCKiD.
  • I'm not sure whether it's visible on Preview, but potentially the first glimpse at our next Battle Pass.
As usual, there are various fixes to be seen here too, though I haven't yet pulled them together for proper release notes.

Thanks all!
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Yay return of Dragonflight and Rothe Valley!
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    this is great for the WiC NPC.. would be even better if you MADE people have to talk to him to level up.. just my 2¢ can't wait to go talk to him =)
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Fix band of air

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• archmage#5149 archmage Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Waiting on Beren Shadowcutter NPC . One should talk to him to enter ToMM.
  • justtester#3228 justtester Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    May you tell when we can expect this update go to Live? I'm curious if this new adventure will be available when we'll start leveling our new alts during next Recruitment event.
    This forum is an echo chamber
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Getting the WiCKiD memorial is really awesome. Thanks a ton.
  • centurion#4073 centurion Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Thank you to Cryptic leadership and the whole developer team for making this happen. It's not easy to weight the options on development, patching, and wants from the players. I and many, many others are greatly appreciative of this gesture. Many thanks to the whole team.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Commemorating specific players is a dangerous precedent.

We are mass murderers who kill hundreds daily. We are living dangerously.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Dragonflight appears to only be able to be started with Guild Marks. There used to be an event every two hours to be able to start DF for free. Any plans on bringing this event back (please?)

For an established player, the new Dragonflight gear looks.... underwhelming, however for someone who is still trying to get higher IL gear, this gear might not be too bad.
    I do like that there is stat choices with the gear.

Comments:
    Battlepass is viewable on the ingame calendar, 9th Aug to 29th Nov. Another dungeon Crawl (with the addition of the HE in Rothe Valley). Can't see anything about the rewards, so... we'll wait and see.

Looks like it's just a lil something to keep us busy/engaged with the game while we wait for the next mod. Happy to see Rothe Valley back.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Dragonflight appears to only be able to be started with Guild Marks. There used to be an event every two hours to be able to start DF for free. Any plans on bringing this event back (please?)

How much guild mark per run?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User

How much guild mark per run?
    2500 guild marks. I assume only the one starting the DF have to pay that, but actually don't know.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
    I did really enjoy coming back to Rothe Valley, but was a little surprised the area doesn't directly lead you into the Temple of the Spider dungeon. Feels like a missed opportunity to link some loose ends. Think it's a little faster than other adventures (completion under one hour on endgame toon).

More than that though I'm currently trying to understand the place of adventures within the current progression system. Feels too much like a managed Foundry 2.0, interesting side quests without real rewards. Sure Rothe Valley HEs will be included in the upcoming Battle Pass, but don't think it's enough of an incentive when you can still run your usual randoms. Is it just meant as time sink for new-ish players that can use a little extra ADs and some bonus rewards before getting serious with queues?

Either way, wouldn't hurt to unlock something useful within the current progression. Like a daily or weekly quest that hands out unique rewards. I don't wanna do Weeklies for RADs all over again, but thinking Dread Ring, which is still relevant thanks to being the only reliable source of Enchanting Stones.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

I did really enjoy coming back to Rothe Valley, but was a little surprised the area doesn't directly lead you into the Temple of the Spider dungeon. Feels like a missed opportunity to link some loose ends. Think it's a little faster than other adventures (completion under one hour on endgame toon).

More than that though I'm currently trying to understand the place of adventures within the current progression system. Feels too much like a managed Foundry 2.0, interesting side quests without real rewards. Sure Rothe Valley HEs will be included in the upcoming Battle Pass, but don't think it's enough of an incentive when you can still run your usual randoms. Is it just meant as time sink for new-ish players that can use a little extra ADs and some bonus rewards before getting serious with queues?

Either way, wouldn't hurt to unlock something useful within the current progression. Like a daily or weekly quest that hands out unique rewards. I don't wanna do Weeklies for RADs all over again, but thinking Dread Ring, which is still relevant thanks to being the only reliable source of Enchanting Stones.

I wouldn't mind if the lairs were repeatable. Aside from the temple entrance sparkles being gone though, this is all of Rothe Valley. All the lairs are there, most of the quests (mostly just missing the second time (making it 3 times total) entering the slave pens to arm the slaves before the revolt lair). I mostly just see this as content they could easily bring back without taking away from other projects too much to provide a week of content while we wait for M24.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

I wouldn't mind if the lairs were repeatable. Aside from the temple entrance sparkles being gone though, this is all of Rothe Valley. All the lairs are there, most of the quests (mostly just missing the second time (making it 3 times total) entering the slave pens to arm the slaves before the revolt lair). I mostly just see this as content they could easily bring back without taking away from other projects too much to provide a week of content while we wait for M24.
    It would be really neat if adventures were repeatable. Obviously you should only get the rewards once. Maybe on subsequent runs you only get gold or something.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    I think the dragonflight gear is a huge miss. It is inferior to the gear you get for seals gained by RQs - and significantly harder to obtain.

You split the standard "7,5k stat bonus" (that is nowadays usually on one piece) into a 3 part set. Set bonuses should lay "on top of" what is the standard. Even if it is not supposed to be BIS gear, the combination of "the worst in slot" and "hard to obtain" is simply a wasted effort.
    As well, contrary to the other stats, HP bonus is not a part of multiplication, making it good at low IL, but completely pointless since what is now about half of the max achievable IL. It would be advisable not to push as an universal bonus something that is actually a week part of the combat system.
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Why is there no guidance from developers about the goal of the Dragonflight revamp? That would help people understand the purpose of the change, how it fits into guild structure and membership, why the rewards were set up as they are, etc. Do we still get fangs? Can those fangs still be used to buy the SH weapons? Did you update those weapons? More to dragonflight than just killing dragons. And it seems that you get no reward if not all 4 dragons are killed successfully. Why?
    hustin1 said:

It would be really neat if adventures were repeatable. Obviously you should only get the rewards once. Maybe on subsequent runs you only get gold or something.

That's what I was hinting at as well. I don't want Weeklies for AD back (although an alternative to you daily randoms wouldn't hurt either), but think giving adventures and campaigns something useful to come back to would be nice.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User

Why is there no guidance from developers about the goal of the Dragonflight revamp? That would help people understand the purpose of the change, how it fits into guild structure and membership, why the rewards were set up as they are, etc. Do we still get fangs? Can those fangs still be used to buy the SH weapons? Did you update those weapons? More to dragonflight than just killing dragons. And it seems that you get no reward if not all 4 dragons are killed successfully. Why?

Great question to ask the EP during tomorrow's stream.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11522403-q&a-with-ep-brett-norton-august-2
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • solidbert#3889 solidbert Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Dear Cryptic Team,
    thank you so much for bringing an NPC in the game to honor WiCKiD. These are great news for me and many others. Much love for that :)

See you all ingame. Greetings Bert the Butcher
This discussion has been closed.