test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anvil of Challenge/Challenger's Charge/Divine Champion Class Feature

karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
These class features are a bit confusing. Placement on top of agro chart, got it. It is the addition of a charging effect that makes little sense.

Charging the encounter associated with the feature has only 1 function, and that is to cancel out the agro topping effect. No positive reason to charge the encounters other than to "not" take agro.

Is this only something to do when you don't want to tank swap in a trial? No extra damage or anything? Does anyone use the ability to charge for a good reason?

I had thought that like Burning Light, charging Smite added damage magnitude. Now I just wonder why charging was added before tank swapping in trials was a thing.

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    karvare said:

Is this only something to do when you don't want to tank swap in a trial? No extra damage or anything? Does anyone use the ability to charge for a good reason?

That bolded is likely the idea: to contribute some chip damage without taking aggro in two tank scenarios.

I'm not saying it's a good use, I'm just trying to think of what the devs were thinking when they made this an extra part of all the single target aggro powers.

• Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Yeah, that was the only reason I could think of myself. I guess it makes animation clipping easier as well. Thanks for your input.