test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question and Request

almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
Hello,

I have returned recently and noticed that Drizzt and his whole party are now companions.
Evidently, I wanted to buy them!

To my suprise, Drizzt is extremely expensive, 30 millions AD. I asked other players and was told that this was a shop item.

Will these companions come back to the ZEN store to be purchased with ZEN/real money? If not, please could you bring them back again?
I am sure there are a lot of other players interested (who returned or missed the opportunity) to buy Drizzt and his mates!

Thank you and have fun,
Almond

P.S. If it is not possible to bring them back, can I know why? Is there an official reason? Thanks

Comments

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    So you have returned recently and you want to buy whole party ASAP ?!?! Well. LOL. Give this man what ever he wants. After all, he haven't played for some time but, well he wants everything, so just give him that... And, yes. Everything will come back to zen store. Soon or later. If you can't wait so 30 mil. is way to go.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    They have announced in streams that the Companions of the Hall will make a return later this year, but to expect other famous companions to be released first.
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User

So you have returned recently and you want to buy whole party ASAP ?!?! Well. LOL. Give this man what ever he wants. After all, he haven't played for some time but, well he wants everything, so just give him that... And, yes. Everything will come back to zen store. Soon or later. If you can't wait so 30 mil. is way to go.

Hello thany,

You are partially right. I want Drizzt, just not immediately.
    When I asked around for the original price of Drizzt in the ZEN store, I was told he costed between 4000 or 4500 ZEN, which equates to 3.000.000 or 3.375.000 AD. Even if I double that AD value ...6 millions (8000 ZEN), it is 5 times lower than the current price.

Anyway, I believe you understood my point. With 30 millions, you can improve your character beyound that single companion!

Thank you @arazith07 and @jana#2651 , I will remain hopeful and patient!

Have fun folks!
    Almond

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    almondum said:

Hello thany,

You are partially right. I want Drizzt, just not immediately.
    When I asked around for the original price of Drizzt in the ZEN store, I was told he costed between 4000 or 4500 ZEN, which equates to 3.000.000 or 3.375.000 AD. Even if I double that AD value ...6 millions (8000 ZEN), it is 5 times lower than the current price.

Anyway, I believe you understood my point. With 30 millions, you can improve your character beyound that single companion!

Thank you @arazith07 and @jana#2651 , I will remain hopeful and patient!

Have fun folks!
    Almond

Don't get me wrong. I didn't mean anything bad... But this is a game. So, if they will give ASAP what people want, very soon no one will play this game on daily basis. They will just come back and well. Ask for a wish. About price. I think pack costed 5000 zen, and with coupon it costed less. But. That "Fellowship of the Neverwinter" companions, well you don't need them for end game content. They're active companions and they will die in no time in end game content . In endgame you need augmented companions. Well, yes, they're good for some companion's powers but you can get that from other companions. So... You can perform good enough even without them.

EDIT : So, they're good only if you play alts (they don't stack in a group if they're active).... Because you'll get i think x5 epic companions on alts.
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    Yeah, this is a game and a business. I am an interested customer who wants to buy the same item for the same price or maybe even slightly more expensive. This is why I came here, to show interest in the item and the willingness to spend money to buy it!
    5000 ZEN is still far below 30 millions AD, even if you double it!

Additionally, the companions are very good for group play. Drizzt provides a group wide 3% damage increase. Evidently, 2 Drizzts do not stack, but a Drizzt and a Minsc do stack (3% damage + 3% combat advantage).
    In a cooperative group (guildies or close friends), you can optimize your setup and stack the bonuses of different companions!

To offset their "deaths", there is an item called "Bell of Lliira". This bell ressurects a companion and makes it immune to damage for 10 seconds. It is specially useful due to its long range and wide area of action.

Thanks for the clarification and I really hope to see the companions back in the ZEN store.

Have fun!
    Almond