test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greater shard of empowerment

deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
I know the shards of empowerment are dropping very slowly from normal mobs ,but what drops the Greater ones? Please, don;t tell me they only drop from dungeons,cause that's a bit unfair,hopefully there are other avenues to acquire them for the people who are not into dungeon delving.Will they be available on some kind of vendor?

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    They drop from dungeons...nothing unfair about that, but they are unbound, so you can just buy them on the AH.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Yeah, not too many peeps upgrading collars for a while. (150,00 AD each & you need 50x)
  • finality999#7648 finality999 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    LoL, after seeing the special Zen Store offer a couple of weeks ago, 6300 zen to buy 50 Shards of Greater Empowerment, like wow, incredible! That works out for the folks who abstain from dungeon queues a cost as follows:
    50 needed for epic to legendary, and 100 for legendary to mythic.
    At 5 collars, that is 750 of these puppies and that is 15 purchases at 6300 zen totaling 94,500 zen.
    You can buy 10,000 zen for about $100 US, or more for players from other counties.
    I calculate that it would cost me personally $1,500 to do this, so like I said above, wow, incredible, and not worth the time or money so I am happy to have my epic collars.

Sure you can buy them in the AH, again, look at the cost ratio, 150k average for one, so again, 50 is going to be about 7.5 million AD and if you want to get all your collars to mythic, well, here is more bad news:
    50 greater shards for say 7.5 million AD, x 15 sets totals 112.5 million AD. Ugh, that is like impossible unless you play the long game and perhaps in a few years have spent every last AD towards these shards. Either that or you go for the coal mote method, buy cm's with zen, sell each one for a million or so AD, and that again will still cost you about $1000 US in zen. Again this is out of reach for the average player.

Now if you do the dungeon crawl, well how many dungeons are needed? I have no idea if you get only one for sure, or is it a chance? that blows the mind, eh? 750 or more dungeons needed, at what 15 to 20 minutes if the teams are competent and no wipes, so say 15 minutes a dungeon, not including any wait time, that is 187.5 hours of play in dungeons, or about 8 days of non-stop playing. Man your eyeballs will have dried up and fallen out by the half way point... xD

You only really, really, really need this kind of upgrade/increase to your item levels and skills if you are either a hardcore end-game content player or rich or maybe both. I think that a re-think is required on the part of developers to level the playing field or add in something else that balances out the scales.

Finality.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    BtA Shard of Greater Empowerment are available in the RC shop at a very reasonable price of one token per.

So you can get your 100 shards by doing 100 RC runs. Since this is an upgrade meant to be some of the last things you do it is quite reasonable, really.
  • abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User

LoL, after seeing the special Zen Store offer a couple of weeks ago, 6300 zen to buy 50 Shards of Greater Empowerment, like wow, incredible! That works out for the folks who abstain from dungeon queues a cost as follows:
    50 needed for epic to legendary, and 100 for legendary to mythic.
    At 5 collars, that is 750 of these puppies and that is 15 purchases at 6300 zen totaling 94,500 zen.
    You can buy 10,000 zen for about $100 US, or more for players from other counties.
    I calculate that it would cost me personally $1,500 to do this, so like I said above, wow, incredible, and not worth the time or money so I am happy to have my epic collars.

Sure you can buy them in the AH, again, look at the cost ratio, 150k average for one, so again, 50 is going to be about 7.5 million AD and if you want to get all your collars to mythic, well, here is more bad news:
    50 greater shards for say 7.5 million AD, x 15 sets totals 112.5 million AD. Ugh, that is like impossible unless you play the long game and perhaps in a few years have spent every last AD towards these shards. Either that or you go for the coal mote method, buy cm's with zen, sell each one for a million or so AD, and that again will still cost you about $1000 US in zen. Again this is out of reach for the average player.

Now if you do the dungeon crawl, well how many dungeons are needed? I have no idea if you get only one for sure, or is it a chance? that blows the mind, eh? 750 or more dungeons needed, at what 15 to 20 minutes if the teams are competent and no wipes, so say 15 minutes a dungeon, not including any wait time, that is 187.5 hours of play in dungeons, or about 8 days of non-stop playing. Man your eyeballs will have dried up and fallen out by the half way point... xD

You only really, really, really need this kind of upgrade/increase to your item levels and skills if you are either a hardcore end-game content player or rich or maybe both. I think that a re-think is required on the part of developers to level the playing field or add in something else that balances out the scales.

Finality.

Don't forget the insignia powders needed...
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    What is the RC shop and what are RC runs anyway. Never heard of either.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    If most people don't know what or where it is, thats not so reasonable. The money they make is not reasonable either.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    Insignia powder takes a long time to accumulate, I only got about 6k of the stuff since they introduced this. I always convert any green or higher ranked BtC or BtA ones.

I have never used the BtA 50 greater empowered shards they gave us at the start simply because I never had enough of the other materials. Now it is simply an expensive a process for me to even try and if I ever do get around to using the shards it will be so that I can sell what I make at the AH. (with a coal mote from AH it will cost me about 1.5 to 2 million AD to make 1 legendary epic collar and prices for legendary are in 5 to 10 million range so I will probably try to sell whatever I make the first time around.)

All of my epic collars came from events or the AH and some I upgraded before they switched to the one glyph method.

so far I have not bothered with RC and I have only acquired 26 greater empowered shards since the introduction of collars into the game.

I have spent money on the game but never for collars or insignia (mostly just for VIP and motes (on sale) and a few account wide purchases for mounts and companions).

Now that this post has caused me to take a look at it I know for a fact that I will never have anything higher than epic for collars unless they make it something you can purchase in an event using currency and even then it is still iffy as my focus right now is making 4 more account wide enchantments and acquiring at least 2 or 3 more account wide mythic companions.

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    jana#2651 said:

What is the RC shop and what are RC runs anyway. Never heard of either.

RC = Reapers Challenge

Look for it in the queues window.

Most of them got a requirement of 50k IL, and they are unscaled. They can hurt. REALLY hurt, hehe.

You can get one RC token each day by completing the daily RC dungeon.

The RC vendor is behind the building south of the (now empty) marketplace in PE.