test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Green Dragon, takes Dragon potions off before 5m has past.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited June 2022 in Bug Reports (PC)
This buff is often gone before even 5 minutes, let alone lucky if it lasts 10 minutes not 60 minutes.

They previously used to last an hour, now they don't even last 5 minutes 99% of the time! It's all the Rank 1-5 potions that don't even last 5 minutes, the timers on the Overlord Dragon Ward's & Dragon Slaying have accurate timers!

You're lucky if you see the buff 5 minutes! This isn't even if you die, and yet they should also persist thru death; cause they are very aggressive on the damage they do.

Seems this maybe was a BUG, seems corrected in today's patch notes:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11520443-patch-notes:-nw.137.20220522a.16

"Green Dragon’s “Mass Dispel” no longer removes buffs that it shouldn’t, and no longer disrupts bards attempting to play songs."

Hopefully that includes the Dragon Slaying & Protection Potions, since they don't say what buff's it shouldn't is...
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Maybe you got a green dragon, that dispells potion effects with mass dispell.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    I have noticed that the dragon potion isn't even lasting as long as it is suppose to. I went through rank 3 & 4 like 5 in 10 minutes, they don't seem like they do as much if anything. I use to love them.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2022

Maybe you got a green dragon, that dispells potion effects with mass dispell.

Well I think that's NOT very nice of them to do, but at least I know.

I mean the Green is not nice for a variety of reasons, he knocks you in the air, throws you across the map, or throws you into a Lighting storm he generates. He often throws you, and many in your party so much, its not very nice. ;)

Hopefully more spread the word to NOT use Potions on Green Dragon's, cause they dispel or remove your potions benefits.
    edited July 2022
    Though as I updated (above) seems this was a Bug:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11520443-patch-notes:-nw.137.20220522a.16

"Green Dragon’s “Mass Dispel” no longer removes buffs that it shouldn’t, and no longer disrupts bards attempting to play songs."

Hopefully that includes the Dragon Slaying & Protection Potions, since they don't say what buff's it shouldn't remove.
    edited July 2022
    Strangely today however two players had their Dragon potions taken away again, we tested it after the a.16 revision and it did seem to last; provided you didn't die.

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
    Update July 12th: Still I thought maybe they (still) perhaps disappear.
    Update July 18th: Green did again take my potions at some point as we were only 20 minutes at most...

So there are still times when he does take them on Green, best to be careful and just not use them, as I've noticed before.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Daily powers like Arcane empowerment are still dispelled also
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    Healing word also gets disspelled vOv
  • dafusch1337#1435 dafusch1337 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Ran several green adult with 5% Dragon Slaying potion. Was gone in seconds on every run. Even when taking them during the fight. It removes scrolls as well. Recorded a run and watched closely. The dragon is doing a dispell frequently. So it seems to be a feature not a bug. Dont use potions or scrolls on green. Bad that there isnt a clear statement what it removes.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

Regarding Arcane Empowerment and Healing Word, this is intended.

Regarding consumables (Potion of Dragon Slaying & Scroll of Protection from Dragons), this is not intended.

The dev team will try to fix this issue as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service