test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please remove TIAMAT from RTQ.

flo#9446 flo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)
As stated in the title please remove TIAMAT from RTQ. It's not fun, if a few people like it, let it be only for private que.
I repeat again, it's not fun. It's bad, it's just bad. A group of over 65,000 iLVL failing several times it's not fun. Imagine if we would have had lower iLVL in there. In the end we abandoned it because the current TIAMAT it's NOT FUN.
This "new" TIAMAT trial is like the old DEMO trial, that you have removed because people did not do it and were just abandoning it. This is what is going to happen now here.
Please remove it from RTQ.

Comments

• erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    You know... normal tiamat is scaled to 36k. Why?
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Nothing unexpected with a new tiamat. Well, not for us players. They're just doing the best of themselves to make rtq an toxic place. And it should be the place where new players can get fast rads.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    It doesn't matter what your teams item level is.

You need to have balances stats and knowledge of the mechanics.

It's a new.trial. just give it some time, once.players get used to the new mechanics it won't be so bad.
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

It doesn't matter what your teams item level is.

You need to have balances stats and knowledge of the mechanics.

It's a new.trial. just give it some time, once.players get used to the new mechanics it won't be so bad.

People said that about Demogorgon.

I've got four pages of data over on the PS4 Player Feedback forum detailing how this turned out last time around.

The problem is the arbitrary level cap. Instead of boosting people up, they cut people off at the knees. Nobody enjoys being made weaker, but it's cool to get stronger for brief periods. And it's not "more like D&D." In D&D, you never walk into a dungeon and find out that your level has been cut in half until you leave. The whole point to the changes last year were to bring Neverwinter more in line with the game it's based on, and yet we have these bedrock mechanics that widen the gulf immeasurably.

Here's the key:
    1. Nobody enjoys being nerfed.
    2. Everybody enjoys getting buffed.

Make people more powerful to live up to the queue; forget this ridiculous policy of making people's hard work, time, and in many cases money, irrelevant.

And don't get me started on the new level cap for Well of Dragons.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Scaling only affects based damage and HP. It does not affect your stats. More gear is going to get you more stats, less gear is going to get you less stats. Those stats create a wide gap of player performance, saying otherwise is flat out ignorance or misinformation.

This trial is new, once people figure out what to do, it will be better. People are treating it like the old trial, aside from the cleric phase, it is entirely different. Mechanically it's no harder than Cradle is though.
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    flo#9446 said:

As stated in the title please remove TIAMAT from RTQ. It's not fun, if a few people like it, let it be only for private que.
    I repeat again, it's not fun. It's bad, it's just bad. A group of over 65,000 iLVL failing several times it's not fun. Imagine if we would have had lower iLVL in there. In the end we abandoned it because the current TIAMAT it's NOT FUN.
    This "new" TIAMAT trial is like the old DEMO trial, that you have removed because people did not do it and were just abandoning it. This is what is going to happen now here.
    Please remove it from RTQ.

why not removing the WHOLE rtq?
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The Random Queues were a terrible idea. The massive amount of negative feedback given to them was completely ignored. They have failed to make queues pop faster as was promised and even if they provide cannon fodder for someone manually queuing, there is no force in the game strong enough to make people stay in certain content (CR, reworked Demo, etc...) The most noticeable effect they have had is in greatly ramping up the toxicity, griefing and drama in queues.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • flo#9446 flo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    @Cryptic Thank you!
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    flo#9446 said:

@Cryptic Thank you!

You realize it will be back right, it's only removed until they fix the technical issue causing more damage.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    erevel09 said:

You know... normal tiamat is scaled to 36k. Why?

This is a very good question, when >65,000 Item Level Players repeat to FAIL it endless times, as the OP suggests.

Still it seems like they REMOVED normal Tiamat Trial, now we only have the 70k Item Level Master Tiamat.

While I'd AGREE they set the set the bar too low for ENTRY, I'd still like to see normal Tiamat return at closer to 50-55k; and I wouldn't even want to try the Master Tiamat Trial till far closer to 75k.

If only you could earn more Epic Dragon Protection or Damage Scrolls from Well of Dragon's, even if it requires 5 dragons to be defeated for one. Today it yet seems your lucky to mostly get 1 Rare from 5 Dragons run's there, won't even get more than 1-2 Uncommon Potions unless you real lucky. Also Heroic's also sometimes award Rare Potions as well (most) of the time. Still people can run missions there as well for the same thing, just seems they won't even award Epic Potions for people in Well of Dragons. :(

So Tiamat seems the only way to maybe earn Epic, or even Legendary, or Mythic Potion or Ward. And sad they didn't scale a NORMAL TIAMAT to 50k for people on the way to 70k!
    Post edited by strathkin on