test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Neverwinter: Dragonslayer Launch Week Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of Dragonslayer. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Comments

• hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Feldon Strongbeard,

The NPC Dwarf at the top of the PE Palace (across from the Antiquities Lady) has had the store removed with the removal of ToD. He was the *only* vendor 'upstairs' that would buy normal drops and invocation crowns for gold. Now that his 'store' is gone players need to go all the way down the stairs to sell items.

Many players use the invocation area at the top of the stairs as a 'base' (especially since the removal of Blacklake's 'close' campfire) and would often see their loot to Feldon after they complete their quests for the day.

Please, either convert Feldon into a 'normal' vendor (like the redundant one by the carts to the left of the market entrance) or allow the Antiquities Trader to buy 'normal' drops for gold.

Thanks.
  • oldpainterman#5086 oldpainterman Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Stuck in combat bug (Dragon Hunts)
    only way to get around it is to move behind the chest in order to claim rewards and leave. otherwise cannot claim rewards/leave if trying to claim rewards from in-front of, or the side of, the chest.

p.s. really don't like these forums now
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Bard's Sheltering Etude can be applied to companions again. This should not be the case due to the target limit of 15 for bard songs. This was just fixed some weeks ago by @rgutscheradev but reverted with this patch.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
    To add to the Dragon hunts

Not a bug but abuse of the system, players after the first phase just waiting until the end, not even entering the dragon fight in phase 2 and 3.
    Needs to be prevented or public queues will be pointless due to parasites
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The exit portal is missing from the end of Kessell's Retreat.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I did Kessell's today and the exit portal was there at first, but I think it disappeared after I opened the second chest.

Dragonflight is not available in the Stronghold anymore.
    The Wizard who gives the quest does not appear at the entrance of the guild hall. The "daily view" in the calendar also only shows "Stronghold Marauders", but no Dragonflight.

I noticed this right away as I am trying to fill in the dragonflight part of collections.
    Is it a bug? Or, can we have another way of earning fangs of the dragonflight?

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I killed a number of dragons and while the dragon hunter quest says I reached rank 5, the campaign progress is stuck at rank 3.

Edit: Oh I see. You can only advance it by 3 per day.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • chisca17chisca17 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    On the preview server, if I remember right, the dragons would do a charge move when raising one wing in front, like shielding themselves.

Now on the live server, they don't do anything after raising one wing, they just sit there for a few seconds. (at least that's what happened during all my hunts)
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I just finished Temple of the Spider and in the final boss fight I fell through the map during the transformation of the boss into the spider form. That happened twice to me and once to other members of my party.
    Dragon Hunts

Bug, players getting stuck in first (initial spawn) area and unable to join rest of group after first or second phase is completed.
    Any players joining in after the it has started (request reinforcements) are placed in the initial spawn area and are prevented from participating.
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    pitshade said:

There is a workaround for this one. After you've finished the mission and gotten your loot, right click on your name at the top of the screen then press leave map. The bug still needs to be fixed but this will help those without the V.I.P. signpost.
    That's what I told the others using /s and did myself.
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Bug 1 - trying to post on this thread from my pc was impossible because there was no way to login. I've had to use my phone browser

Bug 2 - Looks like there are some currency errors at the Zaraloth NPC, Crackling and Verdant exchanging for themselves instead of each other
  • luciful1luciful1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I completed the 'artifacts and insignias' quest but am unable to travel to whispering caverns. When I hover my mouse over whispering caverns, the tooltip tells me I haven't completed 'artifacts and insignias'.
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Collections
    • Companions: Magical Creatures of Faerûn: Golden Goat, Golden Cat, Golden Bulette Pup, and Golden Deep Crow Egg collection entries now properly have tooltips.
    • Companions: Earl the Chickenmancer collection entry now properly unlocks. Players may need to summon / unsummon him if they already have him bound to their character, or move him in their inventory if not. Tradeable versions will not unlock the Collection entry.
    • Companions: The Windsoul Genasi now properly has a collection entry. Players may need to summon / unsummon them if they already have them bound to their character, or move them in their inventory if not. Tradeable versions will not unlock the Collection entry.
    The Golden Companions have had their collection status set back to unobtained. Summoning the Golden companions, Earl the Chickenmancer, and the Air Genasi does not unlock their collection entries.

Obtaining the Ichosahedron Ioun Stone does not unlock its collection entry.
  • coffiinphillacoffiinphilla Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Since the Dragonslayer mod i can no longer play the game. I get the the character selection screen, pick any character, choose log in and then it goes to loading, the circle stops turning and i crash to desktop.

I have tried using safemode via the launcher, logging in with different characters, and to live and preview. same thing each time.
    edited June 2022
    anna#4890 said:

The Golden Companions have had their collection status set back to unobtained. Summoning the Golden companions, Earl the Chickenmancer, and the Air Genasi does not unlock their collection entries.

Obtaining the Ichosahedron Ioun Stone does not unlock its collection entry.

Reclaiming the pets from the Claims Agent updates the collections for the Genasai and Golden comps. Nothing seems to work for the Iso stone, however.
  • erniukas1991erniukas1991 Member Posts: 1 New User
    3 day they cant fix whispering cavern teleport bug how we can play this game if we stuck at level 17 now they add event where is quest sending us whispering cavern so how we can play this game i think for developers don t care,
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I can no longer travel to the Whispering Caverns. The travel map says I must complete the quests 'Artifacts and Insignia' from Sgt Knox. Sgt Knox has no quests for me. I have searched the quests in my journal and I do not have this quests already, and it is not listed in my completed quest. How do I get access to the Whispering caverns to do my Stronghold quest, great race?
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Bug

In the description of rewards at Elminster the Confetti Machination shows as account wide in both the text and the pop-up

In the renown store it does not
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Bug

In the description of rewards at Elminster the Confetti Machination shows as account wide in both the text and the pop-up

In the renown store it does not

FYI, you can directly paste the screen shot to the forum (e.g. using CTRL-V) without using another site.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    This patch introduced an annoying bug with Bard. As long as Bard's Sheltering Etude is active on the player's companion the Bard can't interact with any object (dungeon chests, doors, grabbling hook in CoK, etc.) because Bard is still "in combat". This is critical because it can lead to wipes in gameplay critical situations like the grabbling hook in CoK, that Bard can only use after a 60 seconds delay.

This was re-introduced because Sheltering Etude can be applied to companions, which wasn't the case before this patch.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or luck but I seem to be getting nothing but Blue dragons whenever I do a Young Dragon quest for myself. Also, the Dragon attack where it rears up then slams the ground which sends up a dirt pile. Is it supposed to follow you after it's reared up? Best way to explain is the dragon rears up at the 6 o'clock position and then I could have already walked all the way around to the 10 o'clock position and it still slams down and hits me. Like how does it change position so fast.
  • sokkan#1056 sokkan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @"oldpainterman#5086" said:
    > To add to the Dragon hunts
    >
    > Not a bug but abuse of the system, players after the first phase just waiting until the end, not even entering the dragon fight in phase 2 and 3.
    > Needs to be prevented or public queues will be pointless due to parasites
  • sokkan#1056 sokkan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    If you get disconnected from the server and log back in it locks you out of the entire fight unable to zone in that's bs
    edited June 2022
    In collections under Dragonbone Vale, Dragon Parts... the individual dragon parts don't complete even if you have earned them.