test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changes in Tyranny of Dragons

With the upcoming changes to Tyranny of Dragons, will this eliminate yet another source of Adventurer's Shards for the guild (as happened with the change to New Sharandar)? I read the developer's post, but they only addressed the question of currency contributions, not the shards. These shards are currently only available via the Stronghold heroics (10 shards a day) and the "Support Quest" of the day from the Master of Coin (also 10 shards a day for 3 days but now there is a missing day from the removal of Sharandar from the rotation). If Well of Dragons is also eliminated from the rotation, that will take us down to only 2 opportunities for these shards (20 total) every FOUR days. This is not enough for guilds already struggling. PLEASE give us other opportunities to earn these shards or increase the number of shards earned by the quests in place. As an alternative, decrease the number of these shards needed to build.

Also, what will happen to the Sybella quests in this area? When does this go live?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User

When does this go live?

Less than 12 hours.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Thank you.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Well, there is always the Stronghold Chest of Power. Not the ideal answer for the cost averse though.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    rngrob#7231 rngrob Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    A simple, fun & fair solution would be to add adventure & heroic shards to all heroic encounters. It would give guilds something to do together outside of strongholds.
  • Options
    juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    They added a support quest-- kill 3 of those Heralds. Problem is, the spawn time of the heralds is random and they are difficult (for me at least) to kill by myself. Killing 3 before they take off is difficult at best. If you are lucky and you go to Well of Dragons and there is a crowd and the Heralds land just when you get there, you can get this quest done. Otherwise, HA! It is not equitable with the other support quests at all!

I think rngrob's solution would be best, but if that is not something the devs will go for, then maybe make it ANY 3 heroics in Well of Dragons.

I really think guilds are being hindered these days with too many limits on how to earn currency to contribute. I want to support my guild and do so almost every day, but I feel there are a lot of players that ignore doing things for their guild because it is too time consuming. Gathering currency for your guild should be incorporated into all other activities.