test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

QA will be reviewing all issues found and reported on Preview. Also, hello.

skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
Hey everyone participating in our Preview for M18,

I want to thank everyone of you that is taking the time to first, play in Preview. Playing a game in a beta state isn't always the most fun, and I personally appreciate all the time you all are putting in to help us make M18 better. Second, I want to thank you all for taking the extra time to voice your issues/opinions on our forums. Your bug, & qualitative feedback is irreplaceable. My activity on these forums will vary but someone from our QA team will be reviewing each thread daily to get your issues into our database.

And who am I? I'm Steven, I've taken over as QA Lead on NW effectively October of this year. I'm actually approaching my 10 year in the game industry working with; SONY, OBSIDIAN, Sucker Punch, and a few others. I have big plans for NW QA and hopefully with all your help we can keep this game going for years to come.

I got your back,

- SKing

PS - We are out of the office this weekend. So if you feel the forum abandoned by the devs, don't worry. Monday we will be fresh and hitting the threads to get your issues in.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Welcome, Steven!

Have you been playing Neverwinter long? QA for a game company has always been a dream job for me, I hope you enjoy it!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    kreatyve said:

Welcome, Steven!

Have you been playing Neverwinter long? QA for a game company has always been a dream job for me, I hope you enjoy it!

Hey kreatyve,

I played a bit on release then stopped for quite awhile. I had about a month of down time between my last job and taking this one, where I put about 60 hours into a Barbarian. Since I've started in October, I ran a Fighter and hit max level a few weeks ago. Running through campaigns now. Probably have about 200 hours total. I plan on getting more and more. I'm quite a competitive person, and not being the 'best' is urking me. I need to put in the time to catch up to all you peeps.

Feel free to add me skingdev#1102.

Getting into QA is definitely doable. Maybe if a bunch of people are interested I can break down my path through the industry and what is a good way to get started.

- SKing
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    @skingdev#1102
    Hi and Welcome!

I am EXCITED beyond belief to see this post, you have no idea how much this means to the community!

In the past there were several dedicated community members who spent hours and hours on preview testing and reporting their findings here on the forums. For many of us it was like screaming into the void in most cases though and sadly, most of those folks no longer play Neverwinter or if they do they no longer bother to report here on the forums. I hope that you are able to turn things around and get some of those folks back into testing again.

Maybe you could have your people give some sort of feedback even if it was just a "noted" post when they read about a bug that is found. That goes a long way in getting folks motivated and lets them know they have been heard.

I hate to ask but could you update the forums with a post describing exactly how you want things reported? If you read the forums you will see that often reporting is all over the place, difficult to read/follow and results difficult to reproduce. Could you provide an example of how you would like the information formatted? Maybe a list of important questions that we need to answer when posting about / reporting bugs? I know this type of post already exists but it is very old and a bit vague in some areas as to what information is needed.

This is truly some of the best news I have read all day! Good luck to you, you are welcome and needed here indeed!
  • mallofinmallofin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hi, not sure where to post this but I can't access the preview channel. It appears auto log-in was selected and Neverwinter continues to load even when I try to select the preview server. Do I have to reload the game or is there a way to prevent the game from performing an auto load so I can select Preview? I have been able to access preview in the past, now it is impossible due to the game autoloading.
  • carterhimuracarterhimura Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Corbin the venerated doesn't work with healing encounters.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Lmao , this is an old post . Start a new one .