test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WiCKiD Passed Away IRL - Request for Memorial NPC in his Honor

Comments

• aschdonin11aschdonin11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 New User
    WiCKiD was one of the players who really made this game worthwile playing! We'll miss him a lot!
  • somebody#1451 somebody Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    WiCKiD was very knowledgeable and helpful. He was such a great icon in Neverwinter. We miss you. For WiCKiD.
  • deaththekid738deaththekid738 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I probably didn't know WiCKiD, as well as many of you, did know him, but I still wanna express my condolences. WiCKiD sure was a great part of the Neverwinter community and we all miss him terribly. My heart and thoughts are with his family and friends, but also with the Loving Life Alliance. We truly lost a hero these days.
    I also wanna thank all those who were part of the memorial DR run. It felt like saying goodbye to a good friend when you know you will never see them again.
  • dancefox#2806 dancefox Member Posts: 1 New User
    I did not know WiCKiD, nor did I ever acitvely interact with him directly - but then again I knew his name from PE chat and from Dragon Runs. You run across so many people while playing Neverwinter, and you will not remember them all. You will remember those that are constantly there, whose name you read so often it is part of the humming background. And you will realize that something is missing when it is not there anymore.
    RIP WiCKiD, condolences, strength and love to those who knew you better!

Considering that there are so many players that feel something like myself, I must support the request to honor this man and his effort and passion to support the NW community in so many different ways. There have been some good ideas mentioned already, please consider doing at least one.
  • andy#7236 andy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    content Creators pls put some nice clips,of this great man.
  • kaya#2664 kaya Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I joined the game 2+ years ago and the first person who welcomed me when I reached the PE was WiCKiD. He was always there, explaining, helping, supporting and caring. PE without him feels empty.

Please, don't let him vanish from the game forever. Keep him near in any form possible, and we, the players, will tell the newcomers who this guy was - a true pillar of the community, the one who's gonna be missed so much.

RIP, WiCKiD, one day we'll all meet and tell you everything about the NW modules that are yet to come.
  • katina#9480 katina Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    PE is empty without WiCKiD, pls devs do that, place a statue of him so that those who did not have the chance to meet him will have the chance to learn what a great person he was and that to put it simply, this is the way. You will live in our hearts and our minds, i hope where you are our love can reach you and make you happy. You made an impact to our lives. Missing you a lot friend, always in my heart <3
  • poidem#8212 poidem Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The Loving Life Alliance will miss your leadership little red dwarf. I hope Cryptic listens to the requests in this post so you can continue to guide people.
  • shivawolvesshivawolves Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    My Deepest Condolences to MR. WickiDs Family & Friends.. I am not close to Mr. WickiD.. I am familiar with him.. an have spoken to him a few times in game. He is a very kind hearted an caring person!... Always Keeping PE zone chat filled with LIFE! There are some who bring a light so Great to the world, That after they are gone, The light remains.. an WickiD is definitely 1 of those ppl who's light was Great! I do hope his Family here in NW get some type of a memorial placed in his Memory!.. With Angel wings earned.. Riding into the pearly gates.. Keep Riding!!
    RIP Mr. WickiD!!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    WickID was a very fine player, I ran many the Dragon Run with them. Recently had a close call with my mortality last month too. Death is a primitive concept; I prefer to think of them as battling evil - in another dimension! - Grig "The Last Starfighter"

I am almost certain he is hanging out with Torm, riding about with Sune, and partying all night with Selune.

Estar con Dios mi amigo.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Idk what to say, I’m just finding this out. Wickid was such a good friend, and I wish I could have been better by showing up more often. I wanted to learn so much more from him. Love you wickid <3
    - Idra Oakenheel aka shadowstep/Elfgirlwithbraids329
    edited June 2022

Statues and memorials are not for the dead, they are for the living.

Yes, and so far you are literally the only living who seems to be opposed.

Frankly, it looks a bit like jealousy. For the beloved guy. Who is DEAD. Nobody was trying to put him on a pedestal while he was with us, and now people want it. Not because he was "talkative" (as if it's something bad, really), but because he was awesome.

And why do you keep saying "developers this, developers that"? It's not the developers who came up with the idea, it's the grieving community.

Also, reality IS part of the Forgotten Realms. We all are real.
  • camicatsocamicatso Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    Never before have I felt Neverwinter is such a community as it looks now - beyond all guilds and alliances, beyond wether people knew him very well or just from spending some time in Protectors Enclave and watching the chat - we are all united now in mourning his loss and honoring his memory.
    This is what he does to us and leaves us as an inheritance - lets keep the spirit, so he will never really leave us.
    This is the way^^

Cata, guild leader of Infernal Paragons
  • esmerelle#3538 esmerelle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @"archmage#5149" said:
    > 1. It is a BIG choice if reality should be part of the Forgotten Realms.

The Forgotten Realms where written by real people. Real people influence every role play game there is.

> @"archmage#5149" said:
    > 2. There are players that join the game for an immersion in a fantasy world. They should be respected as much as the talkative players.

Only WiCKiD was not simply talkative. He was welcoming and helpful. I find it very immersive to have a dwarf in the zone explaining tactics to every player joining, shouting out and leading everyone against mighty dragons without exclusion of party, guild or alliance. I find it very immersive fighting with a whole zone of players against a full sized dragons rather then solo or one small party.

> @"archmage#5149" said:
    > 4. There were and are players that excelled at - A. Endgame content, B. Theory crafting, C.Testing, D. Organizing training runs, E. Organizing completion runs, F.Experimental type runs , G. PvP, H. Content creators and so on , they should be respected as much as the talkative players.

They are respected as quietly as they choose to be. We would like to respect WiCKiD as publicly as he offered his insight. It doesn't mean we disrespect other players we just don't know about.

> @"archmage#5149" said:
    > 5. We do mechanics and take shortcuts found out and explained by players that nobody knows their name, still they influenced the game just as much or more than the talkative players.

And that small 'we' there, is what makes it look a tad jealous.

> @"archmage#5149" said:
    > 6. Statues and memorials are not for the dead, they are for the living. They are not about how much one was respected, that should have been made clear during their lifetime.

The purpose of this request is to provide players with Dragon Run information as stated here:
    > @"centurion#4073" said:
    Cryptic, my request is to create an NPC that looks like his toon, name him WiCKiD to provide players the Dragon Run information. Place WiCKiD in Well of Dragon until the new module is released, then move him to the new Dragon Run module being released.
  • archmage#5149 archmage Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    kaya#2664 said:

Frankly, it looks a bit like jealousy.

And why do you keep saying "developers this, developers that"? It's not the developers who came up with the idea, it's the grieving community.

It was not the developers idea, but it is their responsibility towards the past, the present and the future players .
    And since you already excluded me from the -community- based on your own personal values, I rather not have your values imposed on me under the guise of grieving.
    It is a value choice based on a value system- are we adventurers in the Forgotten Realms, or we become muted guests in your version of the game ?
    Because for sure I did not agree to join your game.

• ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    andy#7236 said:

content Creators pls put some nice clips,of this great man.

Scroll back to page 3 of this thread to get the links to our tribute for WiCKiD, also check Galactic Underwear's channel on YT as he has also done a tribute video.
    > @archmage#5149 said:
    > And since you already excluded me from the -community- based on your own personal values, I rather not have your values imposed on me under the guise of grieving.

It's not up to me to include or exclude people, you are the one being bitter-defensive and excluding yourself by putting "guise" tag on a genuine emotion and its representation both in the game and here. You weren't the fan of the man, it's OK. You want other players to be acknowledged, that's totally understandable. You don't want a memorial NPC in the game because of that? Sorry, you're outnumbered so far.

>It is a value choice based on a value system- are we adventurers in the Forgotten Realms, or we become muted guests in your version of the game ?

I don't know who you version of "we" are. Obviously "you" are the one thinking that your vision of this part of the world of Forgotten Realms is the true unshakeable one. It's not.

My version of "we" are the people, who play the game. Created by people and for people. And there's nothing wrong in honouring players who were as important for the gaming experience as the quests, mechanics and rewards. Noone is asking to write a book about WiCKiD, make him the second Drizzt or whatever. But why not commemorate him in the game, which, i remind you, has the classical DnD characters, playing DnD by players themselves? These 2 worlds are too intertwined. They can't - and shouldn't, imo - be separated.

> Because for sure I did not agree to join your game.

Fair enough. You do you. The game is what it is, neither mine, nor yours.
  • misscouette#1819 misscouette Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Beloved WickiD ....
    .... your Miss Couette is so sad and so devastated...
    Rest in peace Friend! <3<3<3
  • hamadi01hamadi01 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    WickiD, great player, helping many others like me... helped us a lot by leading groups to kill world bosses (sometimes that was a nightmare, but he made things easier). He deserves that NPC, please!
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    kaya#2664 said:

Frankly, it looks a bit like jealousy. For the beloved guy. Who is DEAD. Nobody was trying to put him on a pedestal while he was with us, and now people want it. Not because he was "talkative" (as if it's something bad, really), but because he was awesome.

Also, reality IS part of the Forgotten Realms. We all are real.
    No. He's not the only one who thinks this is a far-fetched exaggeration. A lot of people think like him, but are afraid to enter into polemics.
    This affectation is typical of emotionally unstable teenagers.

Too bad for the guy, of course. It's always painful when someone you knew passed away, even in Internet.
    But there's too many big words being said here that don't even have any basis in reality. Who among you "great friends of Wickid" knows what his name was? Hm? Especially you with one post on the forum, who rushed from the enclave to pay tribute to someone about whom you really have no idea.

Wickid was visible in zone chat and his own channel. He may have been nice and helpful to new players. But that does not make him a saint or a great player.

Sorry, I had to write that.

As far as I am concerned, an excellent tribute to Wickid should be a prominent tombstone in Neverdeath Cemetery, where you will be able to put flowers or pay respect in other way.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    D'oh! :s Sad news. Thought he just went on vacations. RIP, Wick :(
  • mintywitch#6338 mintywitch Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just adding my support and my voice. WiCKiD was one honky tonk man who touched so many lives, and I think we should hold his memory dear. I know i liked to chat w/ him in PE chat, or help other tanks learn the way in Talk Tank, or even just Love Life with him every single time i saw his name on my screen. I know we all love him, and that no matter what, now I'll always be a Tankette in his memory, the Littlest WiCKiD one.
  • katina#9480 katina Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    first time i see players being so united in their grief for our friend, WiCKiD even with his death gave us something important, brought us together in our sadness, our tears for him that run shamelessly from our eyes showing that you ve taken out the best from us, and that goodness and kindness brings ppl together. So, there is hope for humanity after all
  • lorsoanna#8386 lorsoanna Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    R.I.P. WiCKiD .Condolences to his family & friends.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    I never met him and I am so sorry I didn't .Just someone who answers new players questions patiently is a rare thing and he had many many more qualities from all the wonderful tributes to him, please cryptic do make a memoriam for him that everyone can see. It will elevate this game!
  • idthrennion#8157 idthrennion Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    R.I.P. WiCKiD...
    I already miss you and I just learned about your passing 30 minutes ago. I am deeply saddened and also very upset that a great person, as well as a great leader, has been taken from our world when humanity needed you to still be here, to continue to shine as brightly as you... do... did... have... will always... on or off the game--your true identity, personality, sense of self and genuine compassion for others is impossible to fake throughout the time that many of us have known you--no matter how long, no matter how short--without those personality traits, combined with your integrity, being the core of who you are as a person.

I get disgusted when I look around at the human race today and the way we treat each other. Friends manipulating friends for personal gain and getting away with it while still calling each other 'besties'... People killing people simply because that person smiled and seems happy. Why? Cause F them.

It makes me wonder why such a great soul like yours has been taken from us when more of you are needed to teach people HOW to feel, HOW to love... what friendship FEELS like, not what the dictionary defines it as.
    What compassion FEELS like.
    What respect FEELS like.
    What being sincere and genuine FEELS like.
    You had a wonderful start of doing the above. I wish it could continue... I hope it will... somehow.

I will miss you my friend, and Thank you for everything. You will be remembered, always... impossible to forget, dang you... ;P
    I love you.... R.I.P.

Oh, don't think I forgot the most important part...

THANK YOU, WiCKiD.... THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU.
  • bresaadybresaady Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I just learned about WiCKiD's passing and am heart broken. I've played off and on since 2015 and he was always an inspiration to everyone. I learned how to call dragon runs from WiCKiD and for a short time when he was focused on content I got brave enough to actually call runs when he wasn't in the Well. He was precious to all of us and will be dearly missed. We will never forget you. Rest well and give them hell.
    This is the way