test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WiCKiD Passed Away IRL - Request for Memorial NPC in his Honor

Comments

• crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    Im gonna miss this lovely person, had some fun chats in PE and i truly admired WiCKiD for he's kindness when he always helped people out ot just chillmode talks.
    He is gonna leave a big hole in Neverwinter.

R.I.P <3

/PowerPuff
  • siixamsiixam Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I fully support this idea. He was awesome. We lost one of the greats. RIP WiCKiD
  • arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    Zone chat will never be the same, may he rest in peace.
  • furyandwrathfuryandwrath Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2022

Still reeling from this, i agree there should be an NPC or monument, for many of us we went to him for advice, heck it was the night before i was up at his fire yappin with him, i know he is layin down the NW law above us right now :) From myself and the Anonymous Legends alliance rest in peace and the honor was mine to have known him. Amadala

• rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User

Hello folks. To WiCKiD’s guildmates and friends, I am truly sorry for your loss. Having made life-long friends through games, I know how important those relationships are.

Cryptic is currently “closed” for a company event but I wanted to take a moment to respond. The build for Dragonslayer is already locked down for Tuesday’s release but I will talk to the rest of the team next week for future inclusions if possible.

Thank you so much, Juila! That means a lot to so many of us.
  • darko100darko100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 New User
    Rest in pPeace Masrer Wickid :( , i learned with him the call my name is Darkness :'( :'(
  • skeonaht#5488 skeonaht Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This absolutely needs to happen!
  • krazal#5728 krazal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    He was a very helpful man always had some type of positive useful information to those asking silly questions most of the vet players al already new,he would take the time to answer those questions. He was a staple to the PE chat and very helpful to newer players he will be missed and Please DEVS listen to your players do not over look this. Thank you (From A Vet Player)
  • stxyyhigh#1977 stxyyhigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Please give him a memorial, the guys deserves everything in more, brought so much vibes and love wherever he went, definitely missed
  • thebeech#7661 thebeech Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Always a pleasure to talk to. Organised many fun times in game.
    He will be sadly missed. A WiCKiD NPC is a great idea.
  • briana#9027 briana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I first met WICKiD about 4 years ago, when I started doing dragon run's. After a few days he realised I was a regular attender, and started sending me party invites, even though I belonged to another guild. Due to his example I started organising ad hoc dragon runs a few months later, despite my guild rank of 1. He LOL when he arrived late one day and joined my party, following me from instance to instance. WICKiD, you were a kind and helpful character, I shall miss you. My condolences to your family and friends. @briana#9027
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Finally found the word: "Inclusive." We are going to miss you at Marauders this week Wick.

Black & Pink
  • melzie#3799 melzie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    We really do need a statue of him in PE. He helped me when I was a new player and now I help others when I can.
  • majkman1majkman1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    He was was the perfect spirit of Neverwinter, if you believe that this game is to help, share, and enjoy the company of your fellow players. I have run with Wicked in so many instances and looked for his PE attitude to brighten the mood. This game, and we the players, have lost more in this moment, than any of the mod changes that have come before. RIP my friend.
  • anzacnwanzacnw Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I would also like to add something about him which hasn't been mentioned yet. I remember reading a conversation in a zone chat where he mentioned that he once lived in Germany for some years, Berlin I think it was. He also greeted others in German in chat and that always felt very good to me as I am also from Germany.

I didn't know him personally, only from some chats about tank stuff or BHE runs. But I was always happy to see him chatting, helping, supporting the players and the game.

Wherever you are now, let me say: Ruhe in Frieden, danke für alles. Du wirst nicht vergessen werden, Du lebst weiter in unseren Herzen und Erinnerungen. Das ist der Weg.

Vengeancer
  • WiCKiD was the living embodiment of the title "Friend to the Friendless", whether or not he ever obtained that title in game.

He was always there for everyone, willing to assist in any way possible. I, along with a large potion of the player base, am forever in his debt.

As for the game Devs: He was the one player in the player base that everyone knew, whether from being personally helped or hearing him cracking jokes in PE. He deserves something great done in his favor, whether it is a free WiCKiD companion, vanity pet, or NPC, even a memorial, but it can Never. Leave. The. Game!!! It could be a yearly event in memorial of his passing, like the free items event going on soon, but WiCKiD deserves some sort of a respectful and permanent reminder to his greatness.

Potential ideas:

-Free WiCKiD vanity pet that drops items every once in a while, redeemable permanently
    -Free WiCKiD companion for all, redeemable permanently
    -Replace the main PE invocation memorial with one of WiCKiD, at which you can redeem free items occasionally (and make the items good, not trashy. Maybe mount/companion tokens, insignia powder, MOPs, et cetera, it needs to be good.)
    -Dare I say, we could replace Sergeant Knox with a WiCKiD npc that helps guide you through the game, giving free items occasionally as above. This would also keep the players going back instead of abandoning these NPCs at level 20
    -create a WiCKiD npc that will randomly join a party in need of a tank in the middle of a dungeon run, and make it intelligent (it must always have aggro and be smart enough not to die) You can also interact with this tank character at the end of the run, and he will give you free stuff. In this case the rewards can be even better as this may be rarer
    -create a new yearly event in memoriam of his passing, during which you can obtain free stuff (like the free rewards event going on soon, where you don't really have to work for the rewards)
    -if the memorial is an NPC, make it a rewards claim agent as well
    -or maybe make it a daily/weekly 'where's WiCKiD?' event with this NPC at the end to give you cool stuff. During this quest, replace one of the wandering commoners in PE or a friendly NPC in some zone with a WiCKiD.

I repeat, the rewards from these must be actually usable, whether goods such as a substantial amount of insignia powder/upgrade tokens/AD (pure, not rough), or rarer drops such as a legendary mount or something awesome that will be sought after by players of all types.

WiCKiD, we will keep you in our hearts always. You will be missed, but never forgotten. May the stars guide you along your path, wherever it may take you.
    Until we meet again, comrade.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2022

Hello folks. To WiCKiD’s guildmates and friends, I am truly sorry for your loss. Having made life-long friends through games, I know how important those relationships are.

Cryptic is currently “closed” for a company event but I wanted to take a moment to respond. The build for Dragonslayer is already locked down for Tuesday’s release but I will talk to the rest of the team next week for future inclusions if possible.

Thank you for this, WiCKiD really deserve it..
    I am not sure what will happen with WoD in the future but his place is there..
    Also the spot on top of invoke area in PE would perfect too, and/or a nice place at Battlehammer Outpost in Dwarven Valley (at campfire for example)

Greetings from another stinky dwarf tank (with a bag full of mints).
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • mystacal#8397 mystacal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    R.I.P. alway helpful to people
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    I knew WiCKiD from when he was "Little Wickid One" years ago. He is known by many for directing Dragon Runs in WOD but he was a power organizing runs in Cloaked Ascendancy, Vallenhas, Redeemed Citadel, Sharandar and Dragon Vale. His "Hello Friend" greeted old players and new. Adminning the Dragon Runners and Talk Tank chat channels and the Loving Life alliance were more examples of his efforts to support our game. Patient, kind, helpful and a bit of a grumpy uncle, he was unique. I miss you friend.
  • oldguy59#8554 oldguy59 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have been playing for a few years, and mostly a solo player. More a lurker, perhaps. However, WiCKiD was always around, and always courteous. I missed a lot of what I could have had, if I were even a bit more social in this game, had I taken some time to communicate with this player. My loss.

We need more players like this one.

He will be missed. Next Dragon Run in Well of the Dragons, I will miss not seeing the name...
  • brootenbrooten Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I will miss you so much my Shogun. I will see you later.
  • canaridante#9749 canaridante Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I really hope Cryptic will decide to do it in his honor. He really deserves that. I've been only playing for around two-three weeks, and yet I still managed to know who he was and notice how nice of a person he was. He really deserves a memorial. The Well of Dragons feels way to empty without him to just leave it like this.

He will be really missed. Rest in piece, WiCKiD
  • locrianollocrianol Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Wow, I guess I didn't realize his chatter was gone. I say place the memorial. He was a staple of PE and Well...
  • unicumche#3277 unicumche Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello, my dears. my deepest condolences to wickid's family and friends.

my english is not the best, but i hope it is understandable for everyone.

I started this game at the end of 2018. I was more of a reserved person with everyone I didn't know. I first noticed wickid in tyranny of dragons organizing the dragonrun. always friendly, funny and helpful. also in the pe and other zones, where he had serious and funny conversations in the chat or answered questions. at some point we got talking and he wrote me that he lived in berlin and was already an "old man". then he started to write German with me and we both had to laugh. since then i called him "my dragonhero". whenever we saw each other i wrote "wickiiiiiiiii my dragonhero" and he wrote "uniiiiiii my old friend". he joined us as a tank at the new demo and i was so happy. i feel honored to have met this wonderful, helpful and kind man. honored to have been his friend.

As much as he has done for the community and for the game, a memorial must be erected in Neverwinter to honor him alone. no matter in what form. as a npc, as a statue, as a companion, as a wickid-day, etc.

for all of us and for the game it is an unbelievable and painful loss. A legend, a friend, will never write in zone chat again. neverwinter will never be the same as it was with wickid.

the sun in the pe will never shine as bright as with wickiiii my dragonhero. i miss you sorely, i will never forget you, you will always have a place in my heart.

rest in peace my old friend. we miss you

Unicumche
  • xxquisitexxquisite Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    The game feels so different without WiCKiD. I too request the DEVS to do something in his honor. WiCKiD loved this game and the people in it. He was always ready to help everyone, led more Dragon Runs than I could ever count, and led groups in new content areas. He also led his alliance and guild - Loving Life - with honor, respect, and humor - and that standard was loved and maintained by all. This is the Way! Miss you WiCKiD. Rest in Peace, dear friend! <3
  • bdziecbdziec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    So sad to hear of Wickid 's passing. Such a positive and helpful player.

An in game honor would be befitting.

Until the next "Hello Friend", RIP, and Thank you.
  • soartex#2338 soartex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Will miss you friend