test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WiCKiD Passed Away IRL - Request for Memorial NPC in his Honor

Comments

• rocketabbyrocketabby Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    When I created a tank to play in the game, I heard about the 'talk tank' chat channel. Wickid would provide respectful, generous, and well-reasoned answers to the many questions I and others had about our tank builds and abilities. I was a "tonkette" in the channel, and he never failed to treat the women there with the same dignity as he did the guys... yeah, even when he was being a smart alec. He was firm about the talk tank channel rules, sometimes a little rough, a bit quirky about Discord, and ready to meet a "zone chat challenge" in Protector's Enclave. He will be missed.
  • onimenokyo#9089 onimenokyo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    :( yes WiCKiD totally owned it. And many follow his example in organizing DR in well of dragons. Also never turned an invitation for RTQ/RADQ always there to help.
    Plz we want to see an NPC in his image or an armor set, artifact or a companion anything to remember him with.
    Ty in advance
    IG onimausha warlock
  • kojax15282xxkojax15282xx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I may not knew wickid log but i can say without question he was truly one of the very few good one left that would help any one no mater what it is wither it be a normal dungeon to a radq never looked at item level he ran with anyone that never let his character status and rep of being one of neverwinter best tanks go to there head i know right now i can see him right now on the other side becoming his tank and teaching other how to be a great tank too you will be missed and you will always be a friend of mine so so maybe one we can talk tanks and we can share stories we had in neverwinter so this is goodbye for now but not for good shield up my friend stand tall proud and watch over the great family you made with the time you spent with us much respect brother and goodbye
  • ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    He made such an impact on so many people in game... We felt the need at NWN to pay tribute to a fantastic guy. I hope you guys here dont mind but we included some of your comments from here in our Memorial video too.

Sleep Peacefully WiCKiD... Much love sent to all that knew him! He will be sorely missed!

https://youtu.be/naoOT2p1QBc

https://nw4noobs.com/post/in-memory-of-wickid-from-nwpc
  • cletchyg#3028 cletchyg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    RIP mate! A true legend of PE, always available to help, or rant :) An NPC or a statue would be an awesome way to celebrates his contributions to this game, and its community.

My sincere condolences to his family, friends, guildies and allies.

George
    Order of the Six
    Infernal Paragons Alliance
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    WiCKid will be greatly missed. Please, Cryptic, consider doing something to honor him.
  • stormlordrising2stormlordrising2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Wickid was always cool with everyone and really tried to help everyone that asked him. He will be missed. Cryptic should do something to homer this great player.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    He was excellent company at late nights in the NW, always interacting in the chat zone, always helping someone. I remember he always completed my groups when I needed to. A legend that will never be forgotten in the NW!!!

Like others, I hope the game pays him a well-deserved tribute, as he has done so much for the community!

Please let me know if you're going to pay tribute to him in game... I'd like to be there.

R.I.P
    Post edited by admiralwarlord#3792 on
  • smagahsmagah2smagahsmagah2 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    On behalf of Forja da Rebentação guild and alliance, I do support our friends request for a memorial. WiCKiD was one of the few that supported me during the first steps of my guild, also gaving us a big insight of the path towards creating an alliance from the scratch. I have opened a ticket asking for either a permanent NPC or Lore Item too, hope this boosts the interest of the game's staff on the matter.

On my own behalf, I would like to say that WiCKiD will be missed so bad. He was a very supportitive friend and a hell of a player. We all learned someting from him. I feel really sad as many of the above friends, and there are not enough words that can confort us right now.

May the staff or players need any help with the matter, count me in to help.

Lorah,
    Lorah,Leader of FORJA guild,PhD. CS, and pet owner.
  • zapline258zapline258 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    It was never a dull moment in PE chat with WiCKiD there. RIP <3 My condolences to the family.
  • acexadyc#6044 acexadyc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    WiCKiD was kind to me, even when I was being my normal rude self... he had something positive to say, and I began to enjoy seeing him everyday. I would say hi to him daily, and we would go after trolls together often... all in good fun. I knew him here in Neverwinter for 2 years. Please consider taking his characters likeness exactly as he left it and placing it somewhere in Neverwinter PC. This would be greatly appreciated by many of us adventurers. Thank you. Acet
  • minnt#0794 minnt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    R.I.P. WiCKiD. The soul of Neverwinter PC. <3
  • ladynikiladyniki Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    As a DPS player, I never interacted with WiCKiD personally, but I always felt in the presence of royalty when I was in the same area as he was. I did many Dragon runs with him and if he wasn't calling, I rarely did the run. Every single time I saw him in chat, he was always fun, helpful, inclusive, and so much more. He brought people together and always made everyone feel seen and included. This kind of player is a rarity and I've played a few MMORPGs over the past 20 years. An NPC in Well of Dragons would be befitting of this legendary character.
  • smcagee#9060 smcagee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    RIP WiCKiD. Love the idea of a lore-related memorial / npc. It would be a very fitting tribute to an important community member who demonstrated every day what it meant to be a community member.
  • furchtemichfurchtemich Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Rest in peace my friend, you will be greatly missed WiCKiD!! Huma Dragonbane NWLC Alliance
  • blazefang#8266 blazefang Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    RIP WickiD.
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    RIP WiCKiD, we will all miss you.
  • silverdarque#9978 silverdarque Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Find out WiCKiD has left us hit like a punch to the gut. He did more than bring people together. He showed us that just because we're all over the world and might never meet in person, we can still be a family. He reminded us that the game is great because of the players. Ride on, brother. Let the wind lift you and the stars guide your way. - Jace
  • stowx#4428 stowx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    RIP Wickid

Very sad. We all lose when great heroes are lost.
  • apocalypse#8295 apocalypse Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I like the idea of "WiCKiD: Dragon Caller" being an NPC in Well of Dragons. Simple interaction to describe the BHE. Possibly having him sitting on a dragon throne to set him apart from the regular NPCs.
  • bacchusinkbacchusink Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just learnt this... thks to Galactic Underware. So very, very sad. To the Master of the Dragon Run, i will miss you my friend. Condolences to his family.
  • spydrettezspydrettez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    WiCKid always a nice guy. Had a helping hand for everyone. He will be missed greatly.

R.I.P. from Penelope DeathArrow
  • collin#0962 collin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thank you for inviting Hometown Heroes to your alliance and giving us a warm place to be.
    You will be missed and many thanks for your kindness and jokes.
    Rip
  • kuroshinookuroshinoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wickid was a really good person always giving advise in PE helping ppl in new zone , making group for bhe farm etc,etc , you cant play neverwinter without knowned him .We miss you wickid RIP
  • chieftain536chieftain536 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Rest in Peace WiCKiD, and my condolences to all who knew and loved him. I definitely think this memorial would be a fantastic tribute to a long time community member.
    Global Handle - @Chieftain536
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    My condolences to wickids family and friends. Neverwinter has lost a true gentleman. The memorial is a fantastic idea to honour a much loved player on NWPC.
  • zessa#2836 zessa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Rest in peace, Wickid. You are dearly and deeply missed. PE chat will never be the same. So sad.....
  • sunny#8906 sunny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    He was a friend who helped everyone and also liked to dance.
    His called dragon runs were always a pleasure.
    My condolences to his family.

Rest in peace WickiD / my friend <3

Sunny/Hummy
  • lanai1369#3103 lanai1369 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I have been playing NW for a real long time since the beginning. I sometimes would sit in PE and just watch the chat try to help when i could. I always saw WICKED in there doing just that even when there where people who would try and shush him or be rude or contradict him. He was still nice or funny. To him it was a way of opening discussion. When i would see him on i would try to get him going so to speak joke around have fun. He would say Lanai you know the answer why are you picking on me or hey girl where ya been, always something positive. When i would put a call for recruits out in PE { for my small guild } others would pick, he always came to my rescue. He was defiantly what we need more of in this community driven game. He should be remembered and talked about so people don't lose site of what he stood for, this games community is slipping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]