test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wish displayed missions, only show those on current map...

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited May 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)
I mean I'm not saying take away the current quest path, if that leads somewhere else... ...especially if the most recent taken requires going to another area!

Yet I just find it's silly seeing a lot of quests for Sharandar, or other area's if your in Vallenhaus. I mean it's up to the player to set the Golden Trail or having it updated by a NPC--not suggesting that change at all. o:)

It be nice to finally not always have to X out missions, just cause your simply in other adventure zones, or Maps? So it showed only those in the current area only, the exception be the latest QUEST picked up, or the "Golden" Trail.
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Yes, I agree the main chosen quest (golden trail one) should be displayed regardless where it leads to and be on the top of the list. The rest of the list should prioritize the quests in the current map first.

If you talk about silly, I have a dead event quest be displayed in one of my character and he is not even in the map of that dead quest supposed to be.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2022

Yes, I agree the main chosen quest (golden trail one) should be displayed regardless where it leads to and be on the top of the list. The rest of the list should prioritize the quests in the current map first.

If you talk about silly, I have a dead event quest be displayed in one of my character and he is not even in the map of that dead quest supposed to be.

Maybe @nitocris83 can pass that feedback on to the TEAM, I'm just surprised they NEVER did this. I think it be a nice quality of LIFE thing to do!

Maybe they will consider this?
    strathkin said:

I mean I'm not saying take away the current quest path, if that leads somewhere else... ...especially if the most recent taken requires going to another area!

Yet I just find it's silly seeing a lot of quests for Sharandar, or other area's if your in Vallenhaus. I mean it's up to the player to set the Golden Trail or having it updated by a NPC--not suggesting that change at all. :)

Yet it be nice to not always have to X out missions the other adventure zones or Maps? So it showed only those in the current area only, if you go to a travel gate it will still show quest that need to be done in each.

• jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    I can hardly ever switch the golden path to where I want to go right then, there are so many. Even if I abandon the quests it doesn't seem to change. With my other toons I am just real careful not to get to many, I don't set a new path until I am done with the old one. I guess it's to late for my first one, I just have to wing it when finding places now.
    edited May 2022
    jana#2651 said:

I can hardly ever switch the golden path to where I want to go right then, there are so many. Even if I abandon the quests it doesn't seem to change. With my other toons I am just real careful not to get to many, I don't set a new path until I am done with the old one. I guess it's to late for my first one, I just have to wing it when finding places now.

Hit J for Journal, then select the quest you want to appear at the TOP of your list, You can also minimize (-) those for area's where your not focusing on so they are collapsed. Though the Golden Trail will always be listed in Missions, that makes sense. Just wished it show a Priority to show those for the current area first, as it only displays 3-5 typically.

If I'm in Vallenhas, just don't want to see those for Sharandar; unless they are the Golden path.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    jana#2651 said:

You can set the quest path yourself as mentioned. My toons typically have about 120 pending quests.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    And, as an added bonus, whenever you pick up new quests, the first one you get is marked priority (green circle around the arrow icon in the journal).
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Many of my characters have the green priority thing pop up but some don't and there isn't a clear reason as to why.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited May 2022
    pitshade said:

Many of my characters have the green priority thing pop up but some don't and there isn't a clear reason as to why.

I'd suspect the Green Priority is New, it does still however circle the Golden Trail--which is easy to set as shown.

Still it's annoying always seeing Missions for other area's where your NOT, I'm fine seeing the Golden Trail still shown; as that usually is the last one you picked up. It's also easy to manually update yourself, just clicking where the PATH is shown in J for Journal on the first (tab) as shown.
    strathkin said:

pitshade said:

I'd suspect the Green Priority is New, it used to be primarily be the Golden Trail--which is easy to set.

Still it's annoying always seeing Missions for other area's where your NOT, I'm fine seeing the Golden Trail still shown; as that usually is the last one you picked up. It's also easy to change.
    The green priority was meant for the player to set. Not for it to come up whenever you pick up a new quest.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited May 2022
    greywynd said:

strathkin said:

pitshade said:

I'd suspect the Green Priority is New, it used to be primarily be the Golden Trail--which is easy to set.

Still it's annoying always seeing Missions for other area's where your NOT, I'm fine seeing the Golden Trail still shown; as that usually is the last one you picked up. It's also easy to change.
    The green priority was meant for the player to set. Not for it to come up whenever you pick up a new quest.
    It does come up, and it's the ONE you set based on the Golden Trail; it is often also set by NPC's as the most recent quest too, or you wouldn't know where to go! o:)

Though you can change it just by clicking the quest path for the Mission you want.
    Shouldn't have to. It only started doing it in the last couple of weeks.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    There are two things:
    1. Quest Tracker (the list of quests you see on the right side)
    2. Quest Path (the path for a specific one quest, which is not necessary from Quest Tracker list)

I've made some QoL suggestions here about them:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1241604/quest-path-and-quest-tracker/p1
    but nobody seemed to care about it. This thread is very related to it, so there is still hope.
    edited May 2022

There are two things:
    1. Quest Tracker (the list of quests you see on the right side)
    2. Quest Path (the path for a specific one quest, which is not necessary from Quest Tracker list)

I've made some QoL suggestions here about them:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1241604/quest-path-and-quest-tracker/p1
    but nobody seemed to care about it. This thread is very related to it, so there is still hope.

Some of them could be added to these, still I just wished they'd hide (most not all) missions for other area's except the GOLDEN TRAIL PATH. So you'd mostly see quests only for the area your in, as when you go to travel gate you can see the list of missions in each area there.

NPC's also update the most recent picked up mission, or as you complete it chooses another from the area.

Will they consider a slight revision to update it slightly? :s I really don't know they will, yet it would be nice if they at least considered a few of these ideas!