test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.135.20220328a.5

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter will undergo maintenance tomorrow, April 14, 7am to 9am PT. Patch Notes are available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11514843

Comments

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    @nitocris83
    Why is Watler Presence dropped from 7.5% deflect to 3.8% and (as example) Baby Deep Crow's Presence not (what gives 7.5% power) ???... Tanks don't need increased movement speed
    Are the Devs slowly working to push tank into oblivion with all these changes what works negative for tanks ???

Thing is that these changes are making it for Tanks increasingly difficult to forfill their role (especially in endgame content)... Like aggro control for example with the sometimes insane DPS output these days and lowered survivalbillity of tanks which places a heavy burden on healers..

It is also questionable to put a Watler as reward in a event and nerf it at the same time.. :(
    Post edited by finmakin on
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • thomasschwandathomasschwanda Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    @nitocris83

"The Watler Companion now grants Movement Speed stat instead of doubling the amount of Adventuring Accreditation gained from Portobello's Campaign." Could you for once start telling what you really do when you do stuff? I spent a lot of time and AD to rank my Watler to Myth for the 7.5% Deflect, just to see him get stats changed? If you want a comp with 3.8% movementspeeed and 3.8% deflect, then do some work and actually make a new one. Are you gonna compensate all the players that ranked Watler for the deflect? Im a fighter tank and dont need movementspeed. Now i can throw that comp away and start all over ranking another one with deflect and an actually useful stat. Even tho im not surprised, cause this is how you have been working for a long time now, keep changing stuff and pushing players further and further away from enjoying the game. CHANGE WATLER BACK OR SEND OUT ENOUGH TOKENS TO RANK ANOTHER COMP!!!! And yes, Julia, you may escalate this!!!!
    Post edited by thomasschwanda on
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Why oh why oh why did this revision to Watler get put through? Did no one realise this is another one of the nerfs that Brett. Norton said would not happen anymore?

We all understand that the old additional benefit of double progress on portobellos campaign is no longer relevant. No one would object to that being removed, no one would have minded if it were not replaced with anything because no one who invested in their Watler did so for the double progress, they did it for the deflect.

Now for some reason that makes no sense that I can see every person (tanks in particular) who invested in the deflect has had their hard earned upgrade tokens wasted, half the benefit they invested in has been switched out for a rating that they never wanted and does not serve their role

Please, please, please roll back this change, and only remove the obsolete part
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Honestly, this is just a complete lack of thinking on the part of whoever made this decision. This was made worse with that comment about "may not display correctly" - pushing out a half-baked change yet again.

But at least there has been acknowledgement that the change will be reverted **at some undefined future time**.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited April 2022

Why oh why oh why did this revision to Watler get put through? Did no one realise this is another one of the nerfs that Brett. Norton said would not happen anymore?

We all understand that the old additional benefit of double progress on portobellos campaign is no longer relevant. No one would object to that being removed, no one would have minded if it were not replaced with anything because no one who invested in their Watler did so for the double progress, they did it for the deflect.

Now for some reason that makes no sense that I can see every person (tanks in particular) who invested in the deflect has had their hard earned upgrade tokens wasted, half the benefit they invested in has been switched out for a rating that they never wanted and does not serve their role

Please, please, please roll back this change, and only remove the obsolete part

I guess you missed the announcement posted before yours.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1265013/watler-companion-player-bonus-power

Of course, there are people who are now not happy about the rollback.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    @nitocris83
    I thank you for swift relocating this to responsible Dev(s)..

As for classes who are not very familiar with Tank classes, let me say this..
    Deflect is one of the key stats for a solid build tank for improving survivalbillity with massive incoming damages (especially in endgame cases) wich makes it easier for healers to keep eye on DPS classes too for periodic healings..
    Its better for tank, its better for healers and not to forget (especially) DPS group...
    Breaking down essential stats for tank will indirectly hurts everyone..

Thank you
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    > @plasticbat said:
    > I guess you missed the announcement posted before yours.

I did indeed miss the announcement, I found it afterwards.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such swift reactions.

This and the quality of the communication there has been regarding the Bard fixes have been wonderful to see
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Lockbox of Dark Omens

The Omen of Despair, Legendary Corrupted Unicorn, and Dragon Hunter Companion reclaims and power unlocks should now work properly.
    I recently created a new toon and this bug is back.
  • emopyanemopyan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Neverwinter ruined Fighter Dread's mobility!

All Fighter Dreads skills gone waste when mobs running to any opposite direction to us! You must be FIX this first!!!