test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Playability through XBOX App

As many people with PC's know, there are many games on Xbox that you can play on your PC using the Xbox app. The best way to describe the Xbox app is that its essentially an Xbox emulator. I was wondering if Neverwinter had any plans to make the Xbox version of Neverwinter, playable on the Xbox app via PC's and other devices.

I have many hours on the Xbox version of Neverwinter, but I just converted to PC this past winter. I have no intention to restart on the PC version of Neverwinter but I saw that the Xbox app offers many games that are exclusive to Xbox but playable through their app using a PC. The interface and everything about the game is still the Xbox version, some even require a controller to play.

I think this would be a smart move for Neverwinter since many console gamers are moving to PC. This is nothing like cross platform because the game will still be the Xbox version, just playable through the Xbox app. I understand why Cross-platform would never work but allowing the game to be played through the Xbox app will still keep the divide between PC Neverwinter and Xbox Neverwinter.

Comments

• Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I play stream Neverwinter to my laptop all the time when the wife is watching TV, and the kids are on the Xbox in the basement.

Or do you mean to be able to play on like a cell phone while on break at work?
  • Options
    jamesaclark3jamesaclark3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @milehighxr#1299 said:
    > I play stream Neverwinter to my laptop all the time when the wife is watching TV, and the kids are on the Xbox in the basement.
    >
    > Or do you mean to be able to play on like a cell phone while on break at work?

So I’ve done some research and I learned the correct term for what I’m asking for, is for Neverwinter to put their game on XCloud. This would give players the ability to play the game through the xbox app.
  • Options
    jamesaclark3jamesaclark3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Pretty good response on here. The only post on Xbox General Discussion for weeks and a community manager can’t even respond.
  • Options
    mordekai#7296 mordekai Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    It wasn't on the Test Server Feedback or PC forums, so it's unlikely it even got read by anyone other than the few players who noticed it.
    If you want a Dev to respond to a console query, try using carrier pigeons, or a message in a bottle thrown from a desert island... they have about the same chance as posting ion the Arc Forum.