test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Annoying dungeon experience

sirian#5710 sirian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
I would like to list some annoying things during the dungeon runs and hope that these will be dealt with by the developers.

1) As a tank, it is very annoying that when you are marked by the healer, you are practically in combat the whole time. You can't open doors or interact with items. This is very frustrating and greatly reduces the flow of the game.
2) Often artifact/mount powers don't activate even though I press the button for the ability. Every now and then you can even see the animation, but the effect doesn't go through. Very annoying and sometimes deadly when the power is needed.
3) Especially for CODG: During the pull/push phase it can happen that a big red area appears below you. As a tank you are often too slow to dodge and your movement is disturbed so much that you fall off the platform. Very annoying and completely pointless.

Have you experienced similar annoying things in the game?

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The healer gets the same combat bug and is also stuck with lower mana regen from being in combat. Even beyond the mark issue, using a HoT can cause you to repeatedly reenter combat as well.

The Cradle issue has been ongoing since mod 13 and its launch. It is lethal for dps since in trying to get out of the circle, you often move in a way that fails to resist the push. Tanks should be able to block the AOE, but I haven't tested this is a long time. It may not work now. Additionally, if you get grabbed by a hand during the push, you just die as well. A long time ago they attempted to fix it but only for the initial pull phase. The push was unaffected. IMO all the AOE and grabs should stop during this time and certainly after the boss is dead, but that seems to be too much to ask, it seems.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    To add to this from the healer perspective, you (healer) flip between combat and non-combat repeatedly when there are no mobs around. Trying to mount will often active the mount power (which should be impossible without a target) which does nothing but start the cooldown. I will guess the same can happen for the tank. Fun times!

And if you get too close to the hand, you can find yourself stuck in it as well. Sometimes the hand is invisible - that's fun too!
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I did not realize that the mark of divinity causes issues - I often play healer role in random queues on a devout cleric, and usually I mark the tank immediately for more effective heals.

are there specific dungeons where the mark should not be used? I have so far only been running the random dungeon queue (standard) and have not seen any issues - just ran a Malabog castle queue and the tank generally ran ahead to grab aggro, and also to advance/open the levers to the next area.

if this causes bugs though, I will keep it in mind not to use it.
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I always mark the tank - and any tank should assume s/he is marked IMO. Currently that isn't so important in the trials of RTQ due to their relative ease (which is changing). Everywhere else it just makes good sense. You can always unmark to move through doors.

I'll add that I'm not certain there are no other factors that contribute to the constant in-combat problems. Perhaps it's just using the heal path? In Tiamat, where I never mark anyone, I'm constantly in combat as healer and flipping between in/out of combat. At end of phase 1 (kill summoners), I can never mount immediately, sometimes can't mount at all.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I you use HOT powers, the healing ticks can put you back in combat.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sirian#5710 sirian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    The most annoying and dangerous thing is the healer mark in VOS hc. As a tank, I often didn't get through the hedge of the maze because I was marked and a DPS died because of it.

Furthermore, I can't open a treasure chest in the dungeon (the end chest works, but you're no longer in the party there) and I can hardly open any doors. Since the enemies hardly do any damage, I'm happy to do without the mark.

Other annoying things especially in VOS are:

Due to the elven enchantment being removed, I often get slowed down as a tank during the 1st boss. Very annoying and dangerous during the displacer beat phase. Because I sometimes can't get the line under in time.
    On second boss, the big front attack is not displayed correctly. There is a big gap, but you still get hit. In the past, you could safely stand in the gaps, but now it's not so easy.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Its annoying how the warlocks passive heal (inspirit) dismounts the player every 3 seconds, and puts them back into combat burning time on their overload enchantments.

Also... players who sit at the campfire because they dont like their party and refuse to abandon the instance, holding the rest of the party hostage
  • ynebprodem#6840 ynebprodem Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2022

I did not realize that the mark of divinity causes issues - I often play healer role in random queues on a devout cleric, and usually I mark the tank immediately for more effective heals.

are there specific dungeons where the mark should not be used? I have so far only been running the random dungeon queue (standard) and have not seen any issues - just ran a Malabog castle queue and the tank generally ran ahead to grab aggro, and also to advance/open the levers to the next area.

if this causes bugs though, I will keep it in mind not to use it.

I think its only for HC VoS maze. Since if you mark the tank on the maze they cant go in, and if reckless and impatient dps decides to go in first they gonna get their HAMSTER kicked by the mobs, and might cause the run to fail. On other dungeon its just the annoying combat bug (always on combat) cant open the door, cant open treasure chest, or skill node :(
  • sirian#5710 sirian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I'm not 100% sure what exactly causes the comabt bug, but not having a mark of the healer seems to partially help. However, it is inconvenient for the healer to always remove the mark and reapply it. A bug fix is needed here. What do the developers say about this? Why is there no feedback from you?