test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Band of Air rebalancing

masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
edited April 2022 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Right now Band of Air and the new Mythallar set are encouraging builds that focus on quantities of hits, rather than large single hits. That is bad game design when non-class specific gear effectively homogenized all the classes.

I would suggest just changing Band of Air to a large flat damage percent. I doubt you guys intended for Band of Air to be a ~20-30% damage increase. Even setting it to 6% would still be 2x stronger than the next best option (though a 3% gain over other rings might not be large enough for many people, and they will skip the grind...)

Comments

• mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    What you said and what you want don' makes no sense
    Classes that can do multiple hits will still do more damage than classes that can't
    I suggested in another thread that they should change the 10% chance to proc to 100% and add a 5sec ICD. Make it a guarantee hit
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    They should fix the ring ASAP. The whole game should not revolve around one ring. This is Neverwinter, Not The Lord of the Rings.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    > @mrimsogood said:
    > What you said and what you want don' makes no sense
    > Classes that can do multiple hits will still do more damage than classes that can't
    > I suggested in another thread that they should change the 10% chance to proc to 100% and add a 5sec ICD. Make it a guarantee hit

What doesn't make sense? The ring rewards fast attacks, changing it to a flat damage % rewards all speed of attacks equally. The Mythallar set will still reward fast attacks, but its power level is waaaaay below the ring. You will likely see multiple classes switch back to demogorgon for 5% flat buff since they arent focusing on ring procs
    masteroga said:

> @mrimsogood said:
    > What you said and what you want don' makes no sense
    > Classes that can do multiple hits will still do more damage than classes that can't
    > I suggested in another thread that they should change the 10% chance to proc to 100% and add a 5sec ICD. Make it a guarantee hit

What doesn't make sense? The ring rewards fast attacks, changing it to a flat damage % rewards all speed of attacks equally. The Mythallar set will still reward fast attacks, but its power level is waaaaay below the ring. You will likely see multiple classes switch back to demogorgon for 5% flat buff since they arent focusing on ring procs

Not every class can attack fast or have d.o.ts
    Removing the chance proc and increasing the ICD guarantees a hit no matter how fast or how many times you can hit

> @mrimsogood said:
    > Not every class can attack fast or have d.o.ts
    > Removing the chance proc and increasing the ICD guarantees a hit no matter how fast or how many times you can hit

Having 100% chance with cooldown isnt a bad solution either...but having ur ring proc on first hit of a fight could be drastically different than having it happen even 0.25 second later. Examples being ribcage/other stat procs, self buffs, enemies.

Example: you're a warlock and you cast hellfire ring on a bunch of enemies. AFTER the first tick of damage happens you now have combat advantage, enemies are cursed and take 16% more damage, you have more soul sparks for more damage, ribcage procs and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. That's like 120% more damage at that point!
    masteroga said:

> @mrimsogood said:
    > Not every class can attack fast or have d.o.ts
    > Removing the chance proc and increasing the ICD guarantees a hit no matter how fast or how many times you can hit

Having 100% chance with cooldown isnt a bad solution either...but having ur ring proc on first hit of a fight could be drastically different than having it happen even 0.25 second later. Examples being ribcage/other stat procs, self buffs, enemies.

Example: you're a warlock and you cast hellfire ring on a bunch of enemies. AFTER the first tick of damage happens you now have combat advantage, enemies are cursed and take 16% more damage, you have more soul sparks for more damage, ribcage procs and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. That's like 120% more damage at that point!

In a group of mobs, does it matter? If they're killed in 1 rotation, then no. If the fight last longer than 5sec then you're good because by then you'll have all your buffs and procs up

> @mrimsogood said:
    > In a group of mobs, does it matter? If they're killed in 1 rotation, then no. If the fight last longer than 5sec then you're good because by then you'll have all your buffs and procs up

Sorry for late reply. The difference in damage on bosses is even more extreme, 5 or 10 artifacts and mounts debuffing enemy and buffing you. You will always get a low hit on every artifact call out
    masteroga said:

> @mrimsogood said:
    > In a group of mobs, does it matter? If they're killed in 1 rotation, then no. If the fight last longer than 5sec then you're good because by then you'll have all your buffs and procs up

Sorry for late reply. The difference in damage on bosses is even more extreme, 5 or 10 artifacts and mounts debuffing enemy and buffing you. You will always get a low hit on every artifact call out

Well no. The buff/debuffs are up for 10-15 secs, even with a 5 sec CD, you're still guaranteed to get a BoA procs off within that time frame
  • mehwar#3996 mehwar Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Rather than changing the effect of the item make it sellable or not lock behind rng. With the news of mod 23 having mythic gear guaranteed drops (though its a grind to get but bearable) i think its doable to in BOA, id rather grind for it in a certain amount of time rather than praying to whoever RNG gods out there.
    > @mrimsogood said:
    > Well no. The buff/debuffs are up for 10-15 secs, even with a 5 sec CD, you're still guaranteed to get a BoA procs off within that time frame

Almost all good buffs and debuffs are exactly 10s. So with bad timing you could get 1st 5s cooldown ring proc right as they are being applied, and ur 3rd right after they ended. But yes you are right, you should at least get 1 in 🤷🏽‍♂️

The other thing I forgot to mention about proc vs flat damage.....lots of buffs and debuffs dont work on certain procs (I'm not talking about the new versions of weapon damage procs...which should be clarified and not just called ~100 magnitude!). A flat damage buff will likely result in less missed potential damage than the other way around