test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: Rise of Tiamat Trial (Normal)

lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer
Greetings, adventurers!

This is the thread to leave feedback on the Normal version of the Rise of Tiamat trial. The Trial has been completely rebuilt with brand new mechanics and flow. Do your best to 'forget' what you know about the existing Tiamat, because things have changed. Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say!

Comments

• lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer
    Please be aware that the Trial will only be available to test for limited times during the Preview period. It is currently active on Preview and will be until Monday, May 9th @ 12pm PT.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Ok, first off. I love the rework and difficulty. Mechanics are not too bad and an uncoordinated group should be able to succeed. Hardest point for PUG groups will be Severin and timing killing the claws. Only having one item in the reward chest is a little weird, but seemed like we were getting items to drop, 3-4 items(arties, guises, neck/belt) per run.
  • lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer
    arazith07 said:

Ok, first off. I love the rework and difficulty. Mechanics are not too bad and an uncoordinated group should be able to succeed. Hardest point for PUG groups will be Severin and timing killing the claws. Only having one item in the reward chest is a little weird, but seemed like we were getting items to drop, 3-4 items(arties, guises, neck/belt) per run.

Ack! There's an event that wasn't running which hides all of my new general reward changes. It is now running. :)
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Feedback: I entered the trial alone in preview and I noticed that the original background music was replaced by the Demogorgon's theme (at least in phase 1). I feel like the original theme was one of the highlights of the trial and I would really like if it was kept.

The same applies to the Master version as well.

Ignore the above, the Tiamat's theme starts once Severin is defeated.
    Post edited by carloswartune#5709 on
  • maverick809maverick809 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I know this is for regular version, but I want to post this where it will be read. One trap that cryptic seems to keep doing is not giving rewarding things from the hardest trials. Master version there is a new arti set that end game tanks will never use I am told. ( I am a dps). As an endgame player I am always on the hunt for new gear or arti set I can use. In the future all new content should have something for every role. Even if it's a minor upgrade! Give us new and improved weapons and arti sets so we got a reason to run it! Otherwise once we have completed it once whats the reason to run it again? The trial is fun don't get me wrong and I like the challenge! But give players a reason to keep coming back for more. It is also nice the tiamat orb and set is getting buffed! Maybe do this with other older sets to give us options! Thank you.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    I played the Epic trial today twice, neither time did it finish. That has never happened before even the first time I played it, I hope this was a fluke.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Both versions of Tiamat is TO HARD !! if you are going to give a noncontent mod where you remove a trial and replace it ,That replacement NEEDS to be playable by all players that have RTQ unlocked(as it is in its current form ), it is not in its current state! If you leave it in this state YOU WILL LOOSE MORE PLAYERS!!!!
    Also if you leave it in current state both versions entry level item level need to be increased by at least 10k!!!
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

edited May 2022
    mynaam said:

Both versions of Tiamat is TO HARD !! if you are going to give a noncontent mod where you remove a trial and replace it ,That replacement NEEDS to be playable by all players that have RTQ unlocked(as it is in its current form ), it is not in its current state! If you leave it in this state YOU WILL LOOSE MORE PLAYERS!!!!
    Also if you leave it in current state both versions entry level item level need to be increased by at least 10k!!!

Master Tiamat is intended to be the hardest content in the game, not sure what else you would expect there. But what was too hard about normal mode for you? Where do you think PUGs will have a hard time?
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

mynaam said:

Master Tiamat is intended to be the hardest content in the game, not sure what else you would expect there. But what was too hard about normal mode for you? Where do you think PUGs will have a hard time?
    Probably at coordinating colors when they need to be used and who gets what color in the team. It will no longer work like it used to, when people would just take green/red/blue gems for the most part and don't even bother with the rest of them. That was the problem before and possibly will be. Not to mention those two minibosses (bone devil and pit fiend) needs to be kited/tanked so for final part it will be a mess. Ah, and the fact the tiamat heads can actually target other party location when the cleric phase finishes. And possibly killing claws at the same time - I know there is a time window to do it there after dealing with one claw, but with random groups it will probably end up in resetting that multiple times just to get it right.

That's my guesses, as I didn't run the trial on preview yet, but saw enough to figure out how it works. If normal version of tiamat is to be in random queue, it needs to be a bit more forgiving. Btw. is it even possible to kill bone devil and pit fiend there?
    erevel09 said:

arazith07 said:

mynaam said:

Probably at coordinating colors when they need to be used and who gets what color in the team. It will no longer work like it used to, when people would just take green/red/blue gems for the most part and don't even bother with the rest of them. That was the problem before and possibly will be. Not to mention those two minibosses (bone devil and pit fiend) needs to be kited/tanked so for final part it will be a mess. Ah, and the fact the tiamat heads can actually target other party location when the cleric phase finishes. And possibly killing claws at the same time - I know there is a time window to do it there after dealing with one claw, but with random groups it will probably end up in resetting that multiple times just to get it right.

That's my guesses, as I didn't run the trial on preview yet, but saw enough to figure out how it works. If normal version of tiamat is to be in random queue, it needs to be a bit more forgiving. Btw. is it even possible to kill bone devil and pit fiend there?
    You don't need the gems for normal mode, heck the first few times I ran it, I didn't even realize what to use the gems on. I agree with the timing of killing the claws, as I mentioned that above. I was more just trying to get Mynaam to fully explain their opinions so they could provide actual feedback.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

mynaam said:

This game has had NEW NO CONTENT for non bis Players in past 3 years!!!! Yes bis needs content BUT NOT EVERY MOD! And you seems to agree with the fact the IL requirements are WAY TO LOW! if you make content you do not want most players playing, as the devs said on stream "NOT MEANT FOR EVERYONE", then you need to set the Item Level requirement for it to ensure that NOT EVERYONE can play it. Faking players out that they might be able to play it then breaking moral is a DUMB MOVE and part of the many reasons players are leaving the game and player base is at all time low!
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

mynaam said:

arazith07 said:

mynaam said:

This game has had NEW NO CONTENT for non bis Players in past 3 years!!!! Yes bis needs content BUT NOT EVERY MOD! And you seems to agree with the fact the IL requirements are WAY TO LOW! if you make content you do not want most players playing, as the devs said on stream "NOT MEANT FOR EVERYONE", then you need to set the Item Level requirement for it to ensure that NOT EVERYONE can play it. Faking players out that they might be able to play it then breaking moral is a DUMB MOVE and part of the many reasons players are leaving the game and player base is at all time low!
    Except that for players who are not at higher endgame, they still have content to grind. IC is no longer endgame, it's new for players who haven't yet completed it. It's another dungeon added to the random queue. Same for VOS in mod 24. New players have a TON of content, content that the 70-80k players have already done.

This mod also is adding content for everyone from new 20s to those high endgame players looking for a new challenge. Dragon hunts are meant for 18k+, Tiamat normal are for the midgame players, Tiamat Master for high end.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    mynaam said:

arazith07 said:

mynaam said:

Do you then not consider the dragon hunts new content? And it seems those should be doable by fairly low level players in the easiest versions.
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Please stop making Normal Tiamat easier and easier. Just take it out of RTQ until more ppl have learned the mechanics. Why have you guys put so much time and effort into beta testing normal tiamat and then just making it easier every time? Its the same disaster like you had with Demogorgon... Just take it out of RTQ. Why is Baby Zariel not in RTQ? More ppl will be able to complete it.