test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crown of Keldegonn Bugs after April 14th patch.

nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
Since April 14th PC patch, Crown of Keldegonn Trial have become worse in term of bugs.

1) Reflective damage from Dragon as we enter the island to engage combat.
2) In late phase, Dragon fly up but glitch graphics showing Dragon still on land.
3) In late phase, Dragon is permanently immortal due to Supports located off the island and not targetable.
4) Drakes and Mobs are hitting and one shotting players.

There is no way to remedy these bugs, so often the runs have to be abandon and new instance made. In the past few days, the occurrences of these bugs are about 50% chance on each run.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for reporting - I'll escalate to make sure they have been entered for internal investigation.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    We had players who been training for WEEKs together and today two runs they could have their 1st CoK complete but the whole instance bug out because a Support spawn off the island and was not killable, keeping the Dragon immune.

This is becoming extremely frustrating! Please priority this as main fix. Players are now avoiding CoK, so it is hard to find people to help with training or completes run. If a fix is not coming soon, please remove CoK from Queue so our resources are better save for new Tiamat Trial.
  • flinnty#9711 flinnty Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    We failed a training run at 2.3% tonight because a support spawned in the tree on one of the floating island. It has been 2 and a half weeks since these floating supports have been introduced to trial of keldegon and it is unacceptable that such a trial breaking bug is not getting fixed ASAP. It literally hardlocks the trial, and we cannot progress, its absolutely infuriating. PLEASE, JUST FIX IT!
  • jollyrodger#2800 jollyrodger Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I agree, the bug where the support appears in the air next to the tree (presumably at the edge of the skybox) still occurs. Just an hour ago I had that bug happen. It makes it frustrating that more than a quarter of all of my runs end in this bug preventing the trial from progressing. Is it possible to make supports stop functioning after a certain distance from the dragon?
  • maverick809maverick809 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Yep most I know aren't even attempting the trial currently due to the bugs
  • maverick809maverick809 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I'm going to post this here because I find your forums a bit strange to navigate, and not sure my post went up. Could we look at reducing cooldown or eliminating daily edge on new master work ring? Seems like a long cool down
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    @nitocris83

Why after all this time nothing is known and there is no patch? Nobody is CoK anymore, they can't find parties anymore and it's not worth it due to wasted resources. I haven't done a CoK in 3 weeks because it is full of bugs.... Why hasn't it been fixed yet? How long do we have to wait? = / The last trial and not being able to do it ....
  • flinnty#9711 flinnty Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Could we please get some communication here that these bugs are being heard and acted upon? I don't just want a passing comment about escalation and then nothing more for weeks. The flagship trial for the game is in an unplayable state at the moment.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issues are being investigated - there is no update at this time as the team continues to attempt to repro and follow up on the reports coming in. Being able to reproduce a bug internally is a critical step to resolving an issue so if that step is taking time, it delays the fix creation and implementation.
    We did ~2hrs of Crown training runs today, our last run with a good chance of complete, we had that bug again. One of the support spawn in the distance tree/island and could not be targeted, so the dragon remain immune to all damage.
  • borbaranger#3645 borbaranger Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Hello everyone,

Last night some friends and I tried to run TCoK again, but the above-mentioned bugs were still there.

Here are some of the bugs that we noticed:

1. Players are still falling off when moving from one platform to another;
    2. Valindra did not move. The off tank was trying to move her away from the dragon, but she was stuck, causing us a lot of reflective damage and avoiding us to kill them.
    3. Red areas were invisible. While moving around the platform, some red areas spawned killing us. There was no time to try to avoid them. It was instant kill.
    4. The dragon stayed on the platform even after flying up, and stayed invisible, what caused us to hit him (huge hitbox) instead of Valindra, making the healers life harder and prolonging the battle. Sometimes, there was no animation of him flying up.
    5. It was no longer possible to sprint and dodge his push animation. Maybe this is not a bug, but it was a good resource to avoid to be pushed out from the platform.
    6. Valindra's HP seemed to be higher than before, which demanded from us 4 artifact's calls. Maybe this is not a bug, but for sure it's something that has changed. Also, combined with item no. 2 caused lot of reflective damage because they were next to each other.
    edited June 2022
    We did manage to complete 2x Crown hours ago with the new Mod23 changes. Overall, I thought this Mod23 Crown is a "major" improvement.

Here are some of the changes:
    Phase 1: Dragon have more HP, so for sure one to two rounds of Supports.
    Phase 2: Dragon bigger hit box, we remedy this by having Valindra's Tank take her near the edge/far away from where the Dragon flew up, dps confirm that they are attacking Valindra then artifacts.
    Phase 3: Push are faster and cannot be dodge, Mobs/Supports have more HP but does less damage. Dragon do additional random bites to tank with a fling that could throw them off edge.
    Phase 4: After push, mobs spawn much earlier, so artifacts at this step is not as optimal.

*For some of the fail run (Dragon 16% HP at last Phase) we didn't reset instance and there was no bug. Also the Supports spawning in tree bug, we did not encounter, instead I noticed sometime supports are spawn near each other but still at "random" spots.

*Some bugs still exist, invisible red aoes, delayed or early mechs activation, visual Dragon glitch.