test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Day of the Dungeon Master Feedback

2»

Comments

• avadariusavadarius Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    -The Red, The White, The Blue – Unique workshop items during event

Summer Event crafting (fashion and food)
    Gond crafting (gogs, sprockets)
    Winter event crafting (discontinued, replayed by store trade )
    Siege of Neverwinter crafting (discontinued,)

Having a workshop to craft unique items during events would give players a point of pride. The event items could be used titles “The Red, The White or The Blue” to to unlock unique craft recipes . When players complete the stall games, run Respen game, or Portebello Challenge items could drop that could be used to craft items.

Other...
    -I agree that the failure for alts to enter the burrow inn is disappointing
    -Is there a way to get Portebello kilt, Portobello's robe, Portebello's hat?
    -Could some crystal dice be restored to the game. These dice were not only to earn a Owlbear is “Die Nation” but they were also linked to an achievement.
    -The Game Evaluator needs all the quest completed before the quests reset the next day but the footrace is randomly bugging preventing the quest from being complected. Players can accept the quests and go to the bleachers to wave but the race in not beginning at times.
    -Adventuring Accreditation was a nice drop as it had value to vendors for copper.
    -The hecklers were great even if the jokes do not match the new class names they were still funny with great voice acting.
    -The apocalypse dagger was a nice drop for the final stage of the event. The other two parts of the set are available in Ravenloft store. Could the dagger be added to the Ravenloft store with the neck and belt pieces,
    -The Tunic and the slacks was provided as a set when earned. They could be sold in the bazaar as a set.
    -The food drops were great and would be appreciated if they were returned to event
    -Could the cooldown of owlbear be reduced to put it more in line with items like doohicky and so forth as the damage of the owlbear was greatly reduced even though it has a long cooldown.
    -The Cache of Treasures (deck of few things, crumpled paper, The Natural) was a great drop at the end of Respen's Game.
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    The event in its current format - for me at least is fine. One quest and 10/15 minutes later I am getting on with my NW day. I watched the stream and one thing is now screaming at me - the dev said that the drops had been removed on purpose from mobs - does this mean that the siege of Neverwinter will receive similar adjustments ie. no voucher drops from mobs?

Perhaps a dev could comment.

Thanks
    Black
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    avadarius said:

-The apocalypse dagger was a nice drop for the final stage of the event. The other two parts of the set are available in Ravenloft store. Could the dagger be added to the Ravenloft store with the neck and belt pieces,

I do remember something about the dagger being added to Manycoins loottable, but I am not 100% sure. I think it is, since nobody knew if the games would make a comeback? o.o
    - bye bye -
  • easyas123#9321 easyas123 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Is it just me?... or is Flabbergast's Foot Race bugged?

We've got 3 people... being such good citizens sitting still waiting at the bleachers... and... nothing. Inevitably, one gets bored and wanders off, leaving the other two to wonder if that person had just sat still for another 5 minutes, would the event have started?

• jadeofkatanjadeofkatan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Part of the fun on running Day of the Dungeon Master, was that we could get "Once a Year" items here. I understand that this is meant to be an Appointment Event, but since it started as something different, we are still attached to some items that were once there.

Would it be possible to put specific prizes at the end of the end of the Event runs. It is disappointing to run a dungeon for Respen or Portobello, and not get anything for completing it. By making specific prizes attached to specific dungeons, you could also get a feel for what the players are looking for, depending on what is run the most.

For instance if:
    - Respen's Marvelous Game gave the Mini Pewter Golem companion, Slime Companion, or the Adorable Pocket Pet.
    - A Rock Falls gave gold and some random festival food.
    - A Trial of Traps gave the crystal dice, Portobello's Wand of Sight, or the Owlbear Figurine.
    - Artificer’s Workshop (week 3) gave a piece of Portobello's clothing. Either his hat, tunic or kilt.
    - Strange Things At Burrow Dawn Inn (week 4) would give a piece of the Dagger of Apocalypses set; neck, belt or artifact.

It would be good, that instead of having just one of Portobello's dungeons to run it was:
    A Dungeon or Skirmish, A Contest, and A Profession Task.

Right now the contests are largely sitting un-used, and would give Chief Examiner Flabbergast a purpose, and something to evaluate. At the moment Mr. Snibbly does not have much to do, and is bothering Flabbergast's shoe lace.

For the Professions Task if we were able to do Crafting of Lathander's Dew in the Workshop, that would be good.
    Crafting components would be drops from the contests.

There are certain times and events that makes the game population grow. While real life we grow with Spring/Winter break and Summer break, the once a year events that give rare drops, that you can only get "at this time, once a year, log in now" help the game grow also. There is some beautiful artwork, characters, and stories that were made, and I would love to see them reused.
    Post edited by jadeofkatan on
    imagehttps://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vzCome join us on our Neverwinter Info Discord Server!There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan
    What is a reward? Is it an item, a title, a token, an achievement, or is it somethings else?

"The goal of appointment events isn't meant to farm drops it is to run the daily and be rewarded for it."

The Appointment store reward of an account wide legendary mount or an account wide mystic companion is great and grindworthy. With multi-characters an account wide or account bound reward is beneficial to me.

However, as Day of the Dungeon Master is a preexisting event there is a collection paged titled "Your Collections" for the event with a list of items for players to collect during the event. These items include: Portobello's mitre, Portobello's robe, Portobello's Kilts, Intern Tunic, Intern slacks, Owlbear figurine, Portobello's wand of Sight, Pweter Golem, Green Slime, Staldorf, Apocalypse dagger, and Adorable Pocket pet.

My issue with the event is that I have 24 characters, 18 characters have most of the collection items through prior events, 6 characters are new to event and unable to enter the burrow dungeon even after collecting the quest from Portobello in PE due to a bug.

Items in bazaar is not ideal. With the items in the bazaar at 550K if you don't include the Walter, it would cost me 5.1 million AD to update all my collections whereas there is 21 day to the event where the max number of AD I can refined over these days is only 2.1 million AD.

I have no problems grinding the event each years as it comes so my alts can get the collection items, but it would be nice if all items listed in the collections would be available to obtain during event.

In conclusion, what is reward?

Those collection points may not do anything but they are a point of pride and a reason to continue playing for some players.
    Alts previously unable to enter burrow can enter it now to get quests and participate in event for titles and achievements. Thank you.
    As for the Heckler boxes, maybe a Cryptic Twitch Tavern session with all the boxes being played. Saved for prosperity.
    Did artificer workshop. Went well, but something seemed off, the bosses bubble went up 3x. Will need to retry to put my finger on what seemed out of place. (no loot from the beholder tank at the end...)
  • lilbittypretty1#8021 lilbittypretty1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    So to add to my comment , you can't even try to win the beholder any more from the dungeon queue? I was under the impression that u could save up to buy a bound one but still had the chance to be the elite of the elite and win one. No point even running this at all. Wow just when I didnt think u guys could ruin this game anymore .....u broke my heart. 💔
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    I think this event was a royal pain to figure out to even get the participation tokens. But the worst thing is the last time I did it just to see what respens had to offer in the magnificent game I lost 7000 stats, I have more details in bug reports but the only thing I did that day that could of done that was to go there and when they made it more equal forgot to give mine back. This one should have been called nightmare I think. And I will get my stats back no matter what it takes, that should have already happened.
  • pandara42#5623 pandara42 Member Posts: 1 New User
    There is something wrong with Flabbergast's foot race. I have been waiting for at least an hour to do it. I started playing about 10 p.m. It 12:30 a.m. now. This is on the ps4. I have played 3 games on my laptop, made me 2 snacks and I'm still waiting. I had the same issue last night and the night before. I have watched come and go while I wait. I can't be the only one that's having this issue. I play this game almost every night for a couple 2 - 3 hrs before I go to bed. I enjoy playing neverwinter and have since 2016. If someone could fix this, I would greatly appreciate it and I'm sure others will too. Thank you for you time, Betty
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    I did it the first day on one toon. All the fun has been sucked out and the foot race is buggy. That was the last time. I don't like the appointment event structure - but not as much as I don't like that ridiculous name. While I understand and applaud the idea of having events with the same general structure, here you only partially adhere to that structure. The NPC that "sells" rewards is INSIDE the game, not in the PE game plaza as it is for other events. The available rewards are always the same - does that say "fun" to anyone? And WHY is R6 enchanting stone in the store?

Lastly - stop having so many events. And make them shorter - which means you would need to adjust the logic for earning tokens. And one more thing - I despise this long-running event design like EoP (and apparently Dragon Rage). Kinda half way between "event" and "campaign" - even listed in the campaign journal (so not really events, are they?). Dragon Rage is currently listed as an ongoing event - but it really isn't an actual event at this time. Just more bone-headed management.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The length of events is fine, everyone needs a chance to play and having less events just gives us less to do between Mods. So keep making events, bring back call to arms even. Something to break the monotonous grind to grind new stuff.

Lol fishing. The SKT heroics fishing are no longer doable because no one is there to fish!
  • m27272#7501 m27272 Member Posts: 16 Arc User

There is something wrong with Flabbergast's foot race. I have been waiting for at least an hour to do it. I started playing about 10 p.m. It 12:30 a.m. now. This is on the ps4. I have played 3 games on my laptop, made me 2 snacks and I'm still waiting. I had the same issue last night and the night before. I have watched come and go while I wait. I can't be the only one that's having this issue. I play this game almost every night for a couple 2 - 3 hrs before I go to bed. I enjoy playing neverwinter and have since 2016. If someone could fix this, I would greatly appreciate it and I'm sure others will too. Thank you for you time, Betty

I have this same issue. It seems to come and go a bit. It may be coincidence but could be related to instance population. Seems to happen more often if I'm in a full (or near full, like 10+ people) instance. Regardless of when it happens, it usually gets better if I change instances (usually to one populated with 4-6 people).
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Well....

You took out all unique rewards from completing the content. Playing the dungeons provided 0 rewards, besides your tokens once a day. At this point, you could run Respins for 3500 rough ad and a chance at another token (though picking up 10 dice, a 30 second race, and/or completing 2 events also give tokens while being substantially faster AND yielding more AD....).

So the event came down to running 1x trial of traps to get your daily token, then if you were bored run around the board on as many characters as you wanted to get some rough AD. All rewards were moved to wonderous bazaar (with some missing), nothing tied to the actual event AT ALL
  • shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    yopuko said:

How does one collect the Portobello fashion set currently?

Wondrous Bazaar, if you look through the tabs in the shop, the fashion set is there for AD!

- Enyo
    Where? I didn't see the robes for example.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    shamgar4 said:

yopuko said:

How does one collect the Portobello fashion set currently?

Wondrous Bazaar, if you look through the tabs in the shop, the fashion set is there for AD!

- Enyo
    Where? I didn't see the robes for example.
    The event is already over.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    What did that have to do with what they were saying. Things stay in the bizarre way after an event.
    edited May 2022
    jana#2651 said:

What did that have to do with what they were saying. Things stay in the bizarre way after an event.

Because the referred item was removed from Wondrous Bazaar after the event. The reason why he could not see it in Wondrous Bazaar.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    As I never p[lay the original, I enjoyed the event overall. However, I do think the food rewards should still have been apart of the challenges.
  • zhippidyzhippidy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Boring, no reason to do anything in the event. No drops, no treasures, very disappointed. The slow, painful death of a once fun game is sad.
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Day of the dungeon master daily quest seems broken. Have to keep abandoning the quest and re-running queue to get the 2 daily participation coins. Please fix this. It’s very not fun to keep doing the same queues for 0 credit.
  • brnorbathmer77#2493 brnorbathmer77 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    If you are going to adjust or change an event. Please just don’t strip it if it’s former glory. Add to it. Even if it is just appearance items. Give us a reason for doing the event. The grinding of an event with nothing other than a Tolkien at the of is. Is not interesting enough for people to do. If feels like everything that is being released lately is a shell of what it could be with a little more thought. The game has so much potential that is lost or never considered. If you want the people to stay or come back. Please give us a reason too.
  • fmseixas#2338 fmseixas Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Just a minor detail, but during the trial of traps dungeon, the DM says that a dodecahedron is coming, but in fact is an icosahedron - see image. My suggestion is to either change the image (to a real dodecahedron) or the text (to icosahedron) to be consistent.

edited May 2023

Just a minor detail, but during the trial of traps dungeon, the DM says that a dodecahedron is coming, but in fact is an icosahedron - see image. My suggestion is to either change the image (to a real dodecahedron) or the text (to icosahedron) to be consistent.

Icosahedron has 20 faces.
    Dodecahedron has 12 faces.

I see a "12" in the image and do not see a number greater than 12.
  • fmseixas#2338 fmseixas Member Posts: 18 Arc User

Icosahedron has 20 faces.
    Dodecahedron has 12 faces.

I see a "12" in the image and do not see a number greater than 12.
    Well, it seems that you clearly never played table RPG. A dodecahedron has 12 faces, each face being a pentagon, while an icosahedron has 20 faces, each face being a triangle.
    edited May 2023
    -