test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to access Burrow Dawn Inn on alts

d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
@nitocris83

After entering the Burrow Dawn Inn on my main character, I am not able to enter on any of my other characters.

This is primarily an issue as one of my other characters has multiple Tokens of Achievement, which are character-bound and cannot be shared across the account.

Comments

• Options
    juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    I am having the same issue on Xbox. Had I realized that, I would have used the character who still has Tokens of Achievement from past events. He cannot even visit the vendor because that vendor is in Burrow Dawn Inn.

Scratch the part about the vendor-- just realized that they added a vendor in Protector's Enclave permanently. It was in the "Appointment Events" post.
    Post edited by juniperwuf#9831 on
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 132 Arc User
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    My observation is if the toon did not do that before, it cannot get in.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 132 Arc User

Well, I have an xbox gamer tag that just started playing a week ago and my main there was able to get the quest and enter. However, my second character wasn't able to enter. In fact, they couldn't even get the quest on the first day. The second day they were able to get the repeatable in PE but still couldn't enter the Burrow Dawn Inn.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 406 Arc User
    It says in the appointment event blog "Events can be completed on any character that meets the minimum requirements but the daily quest can only be done once per account per day for each Appointment Event."
    (https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11514373-neverwinter:-appointment-events-guide)

so maybe it's a side-effect of converting it to an appointment event and it's intended? Could hell pit and harvester of nightmares be done on multiple characters?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    baucoin said:

Well, I have an xbox gamer tag that just started playing a week ago and my main there was able to get the quest and enter. However, my second character wasn't able to enter. In fact, they couldn't even get the quest on the first day. The second day they were able to get the repeatable in PE but still couldn't enter the Burrow Dawn Inn.
    1. I expect only one character can get the account level daily quest.
    2. This thread is about not able to enter burrow down inn which does not have to have a quest to enter.
    3. My observation is any of my characters that did the dungeon master stuff in the past can enter the inn. Any of my characters who did not (regardless how old they are and that includes the very first character I created for this game in 2014) cannot. The character that can enter can do character level daily quests offered inside the inn.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mintmark said:

Could hell pit and harvester of nightmares be done on multiple characters?

Yes but it is not a good idea because you split the character bound token among characters.
  • Options
    juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Just a suggestion-- since the events can only be done once per day per account for the appointment event currency, why not make the currency account-wide. This would help resolve some of the confusion with these appointment events.

Since the Burrow Dawn Inn is not about the appointment events, it should be accessible by all toons, I would think, but is not. I know they are looking into this, just thought I would put in my concerns about the whole appointment event currency problem.

Also, it would be helpful in the queue window to show the rewards for using the appointment event queues just like in the other queue windows. It is difficult to tell what you are queuing for and thus the currency goes to the wrong character.
  • Options
    @nitocris83

Many thanks to the team for fixing the Burrow Dawn Inn bug for alts.

I want to inform you I am now not able to collect the event's Token of Achievement as my alt character, who has all of my existing Tokens of Achievement from previous events, was not able to play the content until the fix was made.

Furthermore, I am not able to purchase the event buyout from the Zen store.
  • Options
    peppa#4404 peppa Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@nitocris83

After entering the Burrow Dawn Inn on my main character, I am not able to enter on any of my other characters.

This is primarily an issue as one of my other characters has multiple Tokens of Achievement, which are character-bound and cannot be shared across the account.

This event is account wide. Only one of our characters can participate and complete the quests and earn the rewards. Other characters can go in to the Burrow Dawn Inn by walking up to the table and interacting with the table. Only one of our characters are be able to interact with Portabello DaVinci and accept the quest for the event and earn the rewards.

Respen Dorothil is stricly for information only. That NPC doesn't give any quests.

We don't need to go in to the Inn to use tokens we can interact with the Appointment Event Vendor (AEV) to use event currency to purchase the items available for those currencies. The Appointment Event Vendor is directly behind you when you're facing Portabello Davinci. If you're standing in front of Portabello turn around, do a 180, the AEV is the character with the diamond icon over his head that indicates we can interact with him. He's on the South East corner of the big tree in the middle of Protector's Enclave.

Other characters should be able to go in to the Burrow Dawn Inn and do the quests if they want. There won't be much as far as rewards if you've already ran the que and received the reward once each day. Try interacting with the table, not the NPC to enter the Inn with your alternate characters. I don't have an alt that's level 11 to test this. That's how it's working for me for my main character. Once I enter the inn and run the que quest the only way back in is through interacting with the table.

We can't grind/repeat the event quests and farm participation and challenge and achievement tokens.
    The reason it's designed that way is to keep players playing the event and the game.

We might be able to continually get gems and Refinement Points from repeatedly doing the evaluation quests inside the Inn.
  • Options

d4rkh0rs3 said:

@nitocris83

This event is account wide. Only one of our characters can participate and complete the quests and earn the rewards. Other characters can go in to the Burrow Dawn Inn by walking up to the table and interacting with the table. Only one of our characters are be able to interact with Portabello DaVinci and accept the quest for the event and earn the rewards.

Respen Dorothil is stricly for information only. That NPC doesn't give any quests.

We don't need to go in to the Inn to use tokens we can interact with the Appointment Event Vendor (AEV) to use event currency to purchase the items available for those currencies. The Appointment Event Vendor is directly behind you when you're facing Portabello Davinci. If you're standing in front of Portabello turn around, do a 180, the AEV is the character with the diamond icon over his head that indicates we can interact with him. He's on the South East corner of the big tree in the middle of Protector's Enclave.

Other characters should be able to go in to the Burrow Dawn Inn and do the quests if they want. There won't be much as far as rewards if you've already ran the que and received the reward once each day. Try interacting with the table, not the NPC to enter the Inn with your alternate characters. I don't have an alt that's level 11 to test this. That's how it's working for me for my main character. Once I enter the inn and run the que quest the only way back in is through interacting with the table.

We can't grind/repeat the event quests and farm participation and challenge and achievement tokens.
    The reason it's designed that way is to keep players playing the event and the game.

We might be able to continually get gems and Refinement Points from repeatedly doing the evaluation quests inside the Inn.
    I understand.

The issue is one of my characters who has all my character-bound Tokens of Achievement was not able to enter the Burrow Dawn Inn after another one of my characters entered first. This issue was subsequently patched, but not until ~1 week later (exact timing escapes me).

If the Tokens of Achievement were not character-bound, this wouldn't have been an issue.