test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

drakes in cok hit harder than before is that intentional?

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited April 2022 in Bug Reports (PC)
Drakes in cok hit harder than before is that intentional buff?

Comments

• fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited April 2022
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Will reach out internally for clarification.
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    I confirm, they do too much damage. Even shot.
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Is there anything known if dragons damage is fixed? It is not possible to take 5 spun skulls because they SHOT. Now what do I play if I don't have the possibility to close the trial? Loggo to make an event and take the key ... what a beauty xD
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    the base damage of the mobs, after the latest patches, is double!
    BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

In addition, there is no data in the log for the damage these mobs deal , but I found damage output from mobs linked to dragon.

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    They been watching Elden Ring streams o.o
    - bye bye -
  • oracle#9179 oracle Member Posts: 64 Arc User

the base damage of the mobs, after the latest patches, is double!

The first example is comparing a crit with a non-crit (which does change the base damage itself as reported by ACT). Overall the base damage isn't double by any means, but yes it is certainly higher. 500k-1m base damage on Melee attack in the first set of examples, and up to 1.5m base damage in the second.
    Check out some of these max hits from a couple of normal runs, post patch. With this kind of strength, a player can only realistically take one hit from one mob before dying. In practice, it is very common to get three or more hits in the first second or two before any of the mobs can be CC'd, killed, or aggroed by the tank. A guaranteed kill that the player can't do anything about, very frustrating and a blow to morale.

I will say though that the mob damage is manageable once there's a chance for the off-tank to help out and some initial CC is in place. It's even positive in that it makes the off-tank more relevant and discourages solo tanking meta that just depletes the number of tanks running the content.

If damage isn't reduced, we need to have the mobs not gang up and charge individual players on spawn before they even have a chance to respond. Survival shouldn't be RNG.
    edited April 2022
    The following excerpt shows an unavoidable death. At the start, there is falling damage after getting pushed by the dragon's roar, which is healed promptly (not shown). One second after the first tick of aura damage (which is the second mobs are "activated"), you can see in the span of one second, 10:55:45, I take 1.4 million post-mitigated damage. Even with an overshield (which you can see me taking some of the damage to), I'm dead before I can cast a power, dodge, or hit my health stone.