test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strong holds, dragon flight nerfed?

maverick809maverick809 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
I always like dragon flight as a fun guild and alliance event. Today I went in because I wanted some dyes from dragon flight. I instantly one shot the dragon with tv and not even a full rotation. Why was this nerfed to this degree? Strongholds desperately need a rework. Guilds need stuff to do. And things worth spending guild marks on. A strong community will keep this game running a long time. But we need fun stuff to do to bring us together and to keep logging in. And rewarding content! We could use a wider range of build options, and if all companion equips were universal could be cool for different builds!

Comments

• Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    It is not that they were nerfed, I don't think, The just have not kept up with 5+ years of power creep.
  • Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    No, they were broken. In one day, they changed from a challenging group event to one person at each dragon using at-wills so not to kill them too fast, lol. It’s doubtful it was on purpose, but it’s not a priority for the devs, nothing stronghold is. I remember for a long time you could swim in the mote and the piranhas were a nice massage.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    I somehow suspect that the only way they are going to be able to do something meaningful to Strongholds, other than cosmetic changes, is to complete scrap what we have now and start over from new code. From how the devs describe the code for Strongholds, at least.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2022

I always like dragon flight as a fun guild and alliance event. Today I went in because I wanted some dyes from dragon flight. I instantly one shot the dragon with tv and not even a full rotation. Why was this nerfed to this degree? Strongholds desperately need a rework. Guilds need stuff to do. And things worth spending guild marks on. A strong community will keep this game running a long time. But we need fun stuff to do to bring us together and to keep logging in. And rewarding content! We could use a wider range of build options, and if all companion equips were universal could be cool for different builds!

I guess you have not done this alliance event for a long time. It has been like this for a long while.
    Guild has adapted to not use anything powerful.

In addition, It was also like that (in a weaker degree) few mods ago (before they got rid of buff). The current dragonflight is back to the previous "glory" ... to organize to kill 12+ dragons in each event. May be we can kill 20+ dragons now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello, these dragons would indeed need a rebalancing! The team is aware about this.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Lord.

I'm terrified by this. If they're rebalanced the way Demogorgon was, you better get all your dyes now.