test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.135.20220208a.17

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11512763

Comments

• anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Lmao day 72 post launch and you still can exchange the rank 8 frost for an illusion.

New drinking game: go to the mod 22 launch bugs thread, drink whenever you read a bug still not fixed, down your drink if the bug has not even been acknowledged.
  • murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    The Dragon Hunter - Account is not reclaimable by other characters. My main has it equipped but it doesn't show up in "claim or promo" for other characters. Ticket submitted and posted in PC bug forum.
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    legendary account hunting hawk has been not claimable again for a few updates now
  • grandforest#4819 grandforest Member Posts: 33 Arc User

There are a couple of questions. When will there be a fix for the upgrade (so that instead of three catalysts, one burns out during unsuccessful processing) ?? The Trials of the Gods is currently underway - why are there no corresponding items from M22 in the rewards?? At the expense of the upgrade - without catalysts, in case of unsuccessful processing, one of the components burns out. Accordingly, when protecting all three components in case of unsuccessful processing, ONLY ONE CATALYST should burn out !!! When can we expect corrections in this direction ??? Answer my questions please without ignoring!!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User
    edited March 2022

There are a couple of questions. When will there be a fix for the upgrade (so that instead of three catalysts, one burns out during unsuccessful processing) ?? The Trials of the Gods is currently underway - why are there no corresponding items from M22 in the rewards?? At the expense of the upgrade - without catalysts, in case of unsuccessful processing, one of the components burns out. Accordingly, when protecting all three components in case of unsuccessful processing, ONLY ONE CATALYST should burn out !!! When can we expect corrections in this direction ??? Answer my questions please without ignoring!!
    If your catalyst means p-ward, it has been stated that is WAI for a long time (like a month): it burns ALL p-ward if fails. There will be NO correction. Actually, there was. They "corrected" the documentation to say exactly that month ago.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11508143-developer-blog:-refinement-updates

Each upgrade will have up to 3 components, each of which can be protected by a preservation ward. If the upgrade fails, 1 of the components is chosen at random to be destroyed, unless it is protected by a preservation ward - in this case, all preservation wards will get destroyed instead.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited March 2022

If your catalyst means p-ward, it has been stated that is WAI for a long time (like a month): it burns ALL p-ward if fails. There will be NO correction. Actually, there was. They "corrected" the documentation to say exactly that month ago.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11508143-developer-blog:-refinement-updates

Each upgrade will have up to 3 components, each of which can be protected by a preservation ward. If the upgrade fails, 1 of the components is chosen at random to be destroyed, unless it is protected by a preservation ward - in this case, all preservation wards will get destroyed instead.
    Where is the logic? Why should all three suddenly burn out if one component burns out? This is nonsense - when all three burn out. Previously, the worst treatment would burn out 150 catalysts or so. Now 453?? This is nonsense! Is not it so? Let them fix it. Even tech support said it would be fixed.
    edited March 2022

Where is the logic? Why should all three suddenly burn out if one component burns out? This is nonsense - when all three burn out. Previously, the worst treatment would burn out 150 catalysts or so. Now 453?? This is nonsense! Is not it so? Let them fix it. Even tech support said it would be fixed.
    Sure, you can wait for them to "fix" it when it is already stated WAI after many people (like everyone) complained about it. Good luck.
    The logic is "they said so".
    And you believe what Tech support said. Sigh! I guess this is the first time you interact with them.
    Again, good luck.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited March 2022

Sure, you can wait for them to "fix" it when it is already stated WAI after many people (like everyone) complained about it. Good luck.
    And you believe what Tech support said. Sigh! I guess this is the first time you interact with them.
    Again, good luck.
    Certainly. Why fix. You can just add it to the description. Once again, this is HAMSTER. And further. The old rewards are still falling in different locations. What should? That's right - all new with m22. I didn't come up with this. It must be so. And yet - also nonsense!
    edited March 2022

Again, good luck.
    Certainly. Why fix. You can just add it to the description. Once again, this is HAMSTER. And further. The old rewards are still falling in different locations. What should? That's right - all new with m22. I didn't come up with this. It must be so. And yet - also nonsense!
    That is not even a problem that worth to mention comparing with all other critical problems. Since when did they actually do anything with the old loot? In all 22 mods, they might have done that 5 times in total.

Again, good luck.
    That is not even a problem that worth to mention comparing with all other critical problems. Since when did they actually do anything with the old loot? In all 22 mods, they might have done that 5 times in total.
    Don't take my sweats as rude. I just want to understand the current situation. It surprises me too - why, instead of fixing it, they added a description in m22. I would understand if the system could not determine the component that should burn if it (all three) is protected by a catalyst. However, if only two components are protected, and if processing fails, the unprotected one burns out, then the remaining two catalysts burn out along with it. This is not correct. And this needs to be corrected. So I want to get through to the developers - a fix is ​​needed. If they can’t fix the loss of Signs of Power lvl 1-2-3, then at least they made an exchange for AB with the Researcher. And of course I agree with you that a lot needs to be corrected. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    edited March 2022

Again, good luck.
    Don't take my sweats as rude. I just want to understand the current situation. It surprises me too - why, instead of fixing it, they added a description in m22. I would understand if the system could not determine the component that should burn if it (all three) is protected by a catalyst. However, if only two components are protected, and if processing fails, the unprotected one burns out, then the remaining two catalysts burn out along with it. This is not correct. And this needs to be corrected. So I want to get through to the developers - a fix is ​​needed. If they can’t fix the loss of Signs of Power lvl 1-2-3, then at least they made an exchange for AB with the Researcher. And of course I agree with you that a lot needs to be corrected. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    In terms of programming, that is not hard to fix. They have all the code and logic to deal with it already. They needed to do something special to have the current "WAI" logic. i.e. they spend the effort and go out of the way to achieve that.

I would guess they did that intentionally by design but "forgot" to mention that in the blog post. Or, intentionally, omitted it in the blog post because may be they did not want to be screamed at in the preview and tried to slide that it "quietly". They were told about that in preview. It is not something they did not know about.

Why do they do that? I would guess they want to de-value p-ward and generate more money.
  • paladinmyst7766#9026 paladinmyst7766 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Still can not upgrade Unbounded Weapons. Upgrade appears as empty. This has been a problem for several months now.