test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VIP within Wonderous Bazaar - an idea

erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
Something like this was probably already proposed, but I can't find anything at the moment.

Getting a VIP is a really good deal for any player. VIP bonuses are great, daily enchanted keys and reroll tokens can help a lot when playing too. However, there is one issue (if this can be called this way) with the way it's acquired and extended. So far VIP was only possible to get within zen store for premum currency. I get the idea, it's meant to be something to spend money on and I'd say it's a good deal overall.

If I remember right, there were deals in the past - within zen store - with added VIP extension.
Something like 50 enchanted keys + 14 days of VIP coupon or 3 Coalescent Wards + 30 days of VIP coupon.
Coupons usually just extended the VIP and DID NOT increase the VIP rank. That means, if someone bought such pack with VIP rank 6 it stayed VIP rank 6 after purchase.

Those gave me an idea.

I'd like to propose a similar approach for introducing VIP extension for Wonderous Bazaar with a few extra conditions:

1. VIP bought there would be of base price of 1.000.000 AD and last 14 days;
2. Players that have VIP CANNOT buy the pack - their current VIP would have to expire first;

VIP rank 12 allows 25% discount, which kills the idea, the 15% discount from event would apply though.

3. New players who have yet to try it out would get the first purchase add VIP rank 1 that lasts 30 days - the same as the VIP bought with zen. Every other purchase would work similar to point 1 and 2.

This way:
- the new AD sink is created;
- people would still have to buy VIP ranks with zen;
- f2p folks would be able to extend VIP without waiting 8 months for zax to process their order;
- the zax itself would probably process orders a bit faster than currently;
- people who are not patient would still buy VIP with zen.

@nitocris83 could you pass this idea along to the team? Pretty please :)

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    It won't happen. VIP is the cash cow, on going income. Not once be done type.
    The first thing to consider is: what is the added benefit to Cryptic? All work (to implement) and no added $.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I like the idea of something in the Bazaar.

How about a VIP Sampler to go with the ideas above? This would be a once per account purchase that grants VIP 12 benefits for 7 days. It has no effect on your current VIP status after the 7 days. My thought is there may be f2p players who have never had VIP and don't see the benefit to it. Or players who haven't reached VIP 12 yet and are holding off. This could even be something that shows up periodically to try to entice players to purchase VIP.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User

It won't happen. VIP is the cash cow, on going income. Not once be done type.
    The first thing to consider is: what is the added benefit to Cryptic? All work (to implement) and no added $.

I do realize it might end with just being an idea, but implementing one item with adding a few extra conditions to the Bazaar surely is not that complicated. That aside, with proposed values it still is not the greatest way to acquire VIP. Best one is the only one: buying through zen store and with the zax currently holding it's 8 months long wait time, people would still buy VIP with zen whenever it's possible, because renewing it every two weeks can be tidious too.

Point 3 I made in initial post might lead to "some" abusing, if someone would create multiple accounts and play on them all, collect daily keys and stuff, but it still takes time.

As to what is the benefit for the company? People would be able to try the VIP out by spending AD (AD sink). New player with rank 1 VIP will see why it's good to have and potentially will want to get more of it and spend some money to get it faster.

That method does not allow to go higher with VIP ranks, it only grants rank 1 or extends the remaining VIP time by two weeks total at one time..
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    The bottom line is still: will Cryptic get more money? Or less?
    They gave free VIP before (not too long ago, might be beginning of the year) for new player to sample that. They did not even need to spend AD. They tried to hook you in from day 1 instead of after you have enough AD.

VIP rank 1 is pretty useless. It does not even give you portal. The only thing that may be useful is lockbox key. In other words, spending AD to get lockbox key.

What I heard is their #1 and #2 income ($) of the game is VIP and lockbox key.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    erevel09 said:

Something like this was probably already proposed, but I can't find anything at the moment.

Getting a VIP is a really good deal for any player. VIP bonuses are great, daily enchanted keys and reroll tokens can help a lot when playing too. However, there is one issue (if this can be called this way) with the way it's acquired and extended. So far VIP was only possible to get within zen store for premum currency. I get the idea, it's meant to be something to spend money on and I'd say it's a good deal overall.

If I remember right, there were deals in the past - within zen store - with added VIP extension.
    Something like 50 enchanted keys + 14 days of VIP coupon or 3 Coalescent Wards + 30 days of VIP coupon.
    Coupons usually just extended the VIP and DID NOT increase the VIP rank. That means, if someone bought such pack with VIP rank 6 it stayed VIP rank 6 after purchase.

Those gave me an idea.

I'd like to propose a similar approach for introducing VIP extension for Wonderous Bazaar with a few extra conditions:

1. VIP bought there would be of base price of 1.000.000 AD and last 14 days;
    2. Players that have VIP CANNOT buy the pack - their current VIP would have to expire first;

VIP rank 12 allows 25% discount, which kills the idea, the 15% discount from event would apply though.

3. New players who have yet to try it out would get the first purchase add VIP rank 1 that lasts 30 days - the same as the VIP bought with zen. Every other purchase would work similar to point 1 and 2.

This way:
    - the new AD sink is created;
    - people would still have to buy VIP ranks with zen;
    - f2p folks would be able to extend VIP without waiting 8 months for zax to process their order;
    - the zax itself would probably process orders a bit faster than currently;
    - people who are not patient would still buy VIP with zen.

I guess I will have to be this "bad" guy to explain negative outcome and reason why this idea is not so great.

First thing,, VIP is main thing for what palyers spend ZEN in first place.. Mounts/companions in ZEN store are outdated and some in generally useless. Also would you buy VIP for 1.1k zen or 10 enchanted key pack which cost 100k zen?
    I gues you realize that it's nonsense to buy 10 keys if for same price tag you can get 30 keys( one per day) not mentioned other VIP benefits..

So how company will make money???

Now other reason,, selling VIP extension via AD store( wonderous bazaar), even with 1kk price tag is just joke.
    By doing daily Random advanced dungeon/trial/skirmish you make 100k AD. So 10 days means 1kk in your account.

And VIP extension is 14 days, so in 10 days you make suficient AD to prolong VIP services, and 4 days you still farming AD and etc.. In short you easily keep VIP up nonstop.

And now lets talk about what is Wonderous bazaar and ZEN store purpose.
    In any mmo free2play or buy2play games, the cash/premium whatever how you call such stores. Their purpose is act as shortcut.

You don't like long exp grinding? You pay for boosters, which increase Exp gains, thus reducing grinding exp.
    Don't want farm companion/mount? You pay for it..

But if item or service which influence combat and can't be obtained via regulary,(via farming) that's pay2win.

The current situation with VIP and this AD store is already bad. The VIP players where milking AD from wonderuous bazaar for loong enough, causing backlogs and issues within ZAX service.

Lets take refine/upgrade realated item which cost 100k, with 25% discount you buy for 75 AD,, then you sell via AH with 90k price tag. And with that you are sure that all non VIP's are out of competition, and also Wonderious bazaar stop being AD sink. And become AD milking for some players..

But lets not forget Astral Lockboxes events.. Players do not buy from Wonderous bazaar, they buy via AH, cuz VIP buy them with 25% discount and sell via AH with lower price tag. So most players AD's are nore removed from game but stockpiled in some players accounts..

What trully need to do with wonderious bazaar is to reform and brough it back to original purpose..
    The store where you buy stuffs/goods which can be obtained via farming/grinding. So player can choose, either go farming them or buy from store..
    Also all stufs from this Wonderious bazaar should be account bound. Only then it would act as AD sink. But if you can sell stuffs from this store, then it's become system explotation.

By the way your suggestion remind me of EVE online feature. I played it in it's second seasson, and while game where pay2play, there where feature. Player with high sums of in game currency could extend their subscription for one month.

So technically you could play that game without paying for monthly subscription. But sums where high, very high. So only great/skilled players could afford do it. Not some random player..

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    As I already said, I do realize this idea might just remain what it currently is - the idea. Just wanted to provide something to think about while also providing some more positivity.

Now excuse me, gonna try to heal the flu.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Not bad idea, but i think it could pass only if :

"1. VIP bought there would be of base price of 2.500.000 AD (not 1 mil) and last 14 days;"

This could be good AD sink 'till zax is a problem (players can risk and get 14 days - anyway only worthy in lockboxes are tbars). Or they can wait for 6+ months for zen. RL money spenders won't bother with this because to them this offer is just bad.

• xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Perhaps as an alternative to your idea, which would allow the f2p players to be able to buy VIP with astral diamonds quickly AND would ensure that cryptic is still getting paid in $$$ for each vip sold would be to make the vip purchased from the zen store as a token that goes into your inventory.

The player would then have the option to use the token, or sell it on the auction house

Perhaps as an alternative to your idea, which would allow the f2p players to be able to buy VIP with astral diamonds quickly AND would ensure that cryptic is still getting paid in $$$ for each vip sold would be to make the vip purchased from the zen store as a token that goes into your inventory.

The player would then have the option to use the token, or sell it on the auction house

That's certainly an option too. Tbh I was hoping the devs would go this way eventually. With the current backlog however I fear even month 1 VIP would be severely overpriced similarly to the way wards and coal motes are, not to mention 3 months or even 6 months.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

There is a way.
    I wrote similar idea some time ago in CDP: VIP.

The idea is simply provide ability for players buy separated VIP services via wonderous bazaar.

Injury resist - for 1d, 7d or 30d. for x sum of AD.
    VIP transport(map)- for 1d, 7d or 30d for x sum of AD.
    AH deposit fee removal - for 1d, 7d or 30d for x sum of AD.
    And other stuffs..

With this you can pick which and how long you want services to last. For 1, 7 or 30 days.

Only VIP's daily enchanted key service should not be listed in Wonderous bazaar store. That should remain exclusive for ones who bought VIP with ZEN.

So players could access to most of VIP services via AD, yet maintain zen version VIP advantage so it still have value and worth to be bought.

Now other part what need to be done is add separated VIP exclusive part within Wonderous bazaar store..

Like companions/mounts( up to epic rank), and excluding only ones which are listed in zen store and tarmalune trade bar store.
    Add some legacy artefacts, transmutes, even Enchantments at rank 2.

This will provide players alternative, either you grind items or you grind AD and buy them via wonderous bazaar.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================