test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RTQ AND RADQ

flo#9446 flo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)
Please increase Required Item level for RTQ and RADQ to 50,000 - 60,000. If 4-5 DPS join RTQ with 30k item level, you have almost no chance to finish it. Either that or decrease HP/Damage of mobs/ bosses. With all the increase in item level from items, which by the way DO NOT HELP you, they provide a very slight increase in dmg, I suggest that the requirements to join RTQ AND RADQ be increased. Either that or make iLVL more meaningfull.
Post edited by flo#9446 on

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I feel your pain.

I just left another CoDG due to low dps, players not reading chat, general confusion etc.

The three remaining RTQs are fine with IL 40k if you have a good group who know what they are doing, otherwise its tough.

Sometimes I stay and try and finish, but not if I am tired - I just dont have the patience :)

In an Alliance run we take all IL players on RTQ and it succeeds 99% of the time.

So to answer your plea, maybe it is time to put the RTQ item level requirement up.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Well... I don't mind to play with lower ilvl IF they tried to learn/watch mechanics on youtube. I just don't want to waste time writting mechanics to them... TIC assides, everything else right now is doable if they want to listen after they watched video on youtube. But sometimes they ignore advices. Or they just use tank/healer because of faster q., but they don't know how to tank or heal...
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    If this change were made, it would mean a group of friends would no longer be able to bring a lower IL toon with the group to help their friends improve. Its amazing how many people want to take options out of play.
    kharkov58 said:

If this change were made, it would mean a group of friends would no longer be able to bring a lower IL toon with the group to help their friends improve. Its amazing how many people want to take options out of play.

yes but make the private q any item level :)
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    They mentioned reworking que system again on the stream, with private being able to have its own separate rewards. For private que I very much agree IL requirement should be removed and have a toggle to remove scaling. For public que they need to go back to pre-mod 16 system, where it required having the dungeon unlocked to que into it (since in most campaigns you'd have at least experience some of the mechanics from the adventure zone).

I don't really have an opinion on what the IL que requirements should be, except that the 30k-40k crowd needs to have something to run. As someone with 71k dps spec, 74-76k tank specs, I can remove all my armor/rings/pants/shirt, remove all my insignias, collars ect and only keep my weapon set on and do all RADQs. IL as usual is pointless as is most stuff you invest into for these scaled pieces of content.
    Its getting worse - just abandoned a Tiamat that took 75% of the Dragon Head phase to take down the Black Dragon head and multi wiped due to lack of knowledge of the game mechanics and how to use the Gems. We didnt have enough physical time left to protect the Clerics and kill the remaining dragon heads.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I’m not really seeing the problem. I usually run randoms where everyone is a stranger and not had a fail in a long time. Amusingly, the only, recent, fail I can think of was CoDG and that was with my alliance, lol, but we ran it again and finished it. I never knew you could hit the skull into the wall when the person it was following was running the opposite direction, lol (they changed direction on me just before I hit it).
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    I miss being able to play Dungeons unscaled, solo.

Before the change, playing them in the order they used to appear in the old campaign (before archiving took place), I made my way of to Icespire Peak. I got sooooo close to defeating him, and then the scaling was implemented. At this point, I can't even get past the first group of orcs at the beginning of Cloak Tower, which is the way a scaled dungeon should be working.

But, if there were an option to play unscaled...I don't even care about the treasure at the end. I just want to be able to go through the dungeon again and actually look around and explore instead of try like the devil to keep up with the people in the front of the group. These days, people are so ready to evict others that it feels like it's either stay-at-the-front or get-kicked. (That last part might be in my imagination, because it's never actually happened to me, but...it's a rare queue that doesn't see at least one kick vote go through for someone.)
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    I will add that the super-aggro manticores in Svardborg have made it so that you need at least one super-DPS character to survive. I was in a group where the three of us had done 19,18, and 17 million damage by the time the manticores killed us.

The next group, in the end, the top damage output for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place were 35,34, ad 33 million, and the number one spot was this guy who rolled in and did 79 million. If it weren't for him (and his willingness to spend zen), we never would have made it.

In my opinion, a RANDOM QUEUE (not private--that's different) should not rely 100% on whether or not one of your random players is an endgame high-roller. The point to a random queue has always been that it's a place to continue the fun and get some astral diamonds.