test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can not complete quests

I’m posting for my wife. We both have been playing for about a month and now she is unable to complete quests because the chest at the end is unattainable. Quests are phantasmal Fortress, Sacrificial Victims and one more in Dread Ring which name I forgot. She gets to the end and opens the box but there is nothing inside and no button options all she can do is open the box and close the option/display window.

Comments

• flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    death forge is broken too
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

I’m posting for my wife. We both have been playing for about a month and now she is unable to complete quests because the chest at the end is unattainable. Quests are phantasmal Fortress, Sacrificial Victims and one more in Dread Ring which name I forgot. She gets to the end and opens the box but there is nothing inside and no button options all she can do is open the box and close the option/display window.

Has she submitted a ticket to support?
  • verromiquis#3562 verromiquis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    No. My attempt at doing so ended with me being told that there is currently no direct way to do so on ps console at this time and was directed here. Is this incorrect?
  • marcella#4070 marcella Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Broken chest are also in Biggrin's tomb in Icewind Pass, Prison chest in well of the dragons, final chest in Ebon Downs required to start Elemental Evil Adventure. Random Trial Queue is broken. People are still being kicked off the server when they move from one area to another, especially when joining dungeons or trials. Common drops continue to be shards of enchantments that no longer exist, enchantments that cannot be used, and other "rewards" that are outdated.

You've got to be swamped with tickets! This should be fixed tomorrow!
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    The same thing has been reported for xbox.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1264389/well-of-dragons-lairs-end-chest-bug

There has been a response that the issue is being looking into, but no telling when it will be fixed.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Broken , supposedly this issue is being escalated. But now seeing this dev reply , I really don’t know
    I have put in a ticket on this
    > @flyball#6248 said:
    > I have put in a ticket on this
    Ticket won’t accomplish anything , it’s broken code .
    Some people have stated plugging in a usb keyboard and pressing "1" completes the quest. I haven't tried it yet myself and I play on xbox so I'm not sure if PS4's support keyboards, but worth trying if they do.
    bug report is listed as "solved" flyball#6248.

It note that others had already opened the issue, but please note, just because the question is answered the problem is by no means solved or resolved. The quests are not completable as there is nothing shown n the chests and no means to finish the quest. Please fix this ASAP as unlike the noted recent fixes which are cosmetic, this is a real gameplay issue
    Tested this today and indeed using a keyboard and pressing 1 did complete the quest on xbox so give it a try on Playstation if you have a keyboard lying around.
    Thanks. I'll give it a try. I've never used a keyboard with PS4 so don't know if it will work but it would be worth trying...I downloaded the latest patch 10.5 today. Immediately ran out and tried to progress the Elemental Evil adventure. Got to the last chest, nothing there. Could not finish. I'm stuck on the step "Collect Reward". This is really the worst mess I've seen in many years. It's disappointing. :-(
  • thewretched1982#9721 thewretched1982 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Hitting 1 on chatpad does work on Xbox for Dread Ring and Well of Dragons. Confirmed yesterday 3.1.2022
  • hawkemen#7442 hawkemen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same issue on the Sacrificial Victims quest in Well of Dragons.
    I have checked multiple chests again today, 3/6. All still broken so I submitted another ticket. :-(
    Again a new patch and this gameplay affecting bug is still not addressed. Guess dev is to busy fixing button locations rather than gameplay. Sure would be nice to complete tyranny of dragons and dread ring lair quests.
    And another update and this does not appear to be fixed in the patch notes. Geez all I want to do is complete the Tyranny of Dragons by doing basic lair quests, but can't as they are broken.....as are some of the lair quests in Dread Ring. Can we light a fire under this to get this fixed please.
    I can confirm . WEAREBEING IGNORED.
    No money can be made or saved by fixing this bug .
    Can’t even get a dev to escalate it . Smh
    Been 6 weeks , bet will be 6 months before fixed if ever