test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scalebright Summit... Disappointing.

polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
So it took me about an hour to do the Scalebright Summit Adventure and I'm not really sure what the point is? Like it's short, it opens an area that you have no reason to go back in except for looking for Dragonsight Artifacts so you can do the 10 fast. 3 more mini bosses so you can farm the pieces you need to upgrade things or to do the new Heroic. There's no quests from what I've seen. The area is small and barren and just sort of ugly to look at. I feel the story was short and non existence. Elminster exists to be smug know it all and Deus Ex Machina (again). The Valindra boss fight gets recycled for the third time. And the non-ending just left a bad taste in my mouth. The last two mods have been severely disappointing in lacking in story and time needed to do things. Sharandar was sort of long and interesting but only because you divided and time gated the three sections. Like are we going to get anything like Storm King's Thunder or Chult that was longer and fun or is it going to be just like this from now on sad and just a little boring and launching with tons of bugs to the point for Consoles it was unplayable. I think the most fun part of Dragonbone Vale was the grappling hook. It was innovative and added some new things. But that's it. I know things have been weird and the devs have been in a weird area but there's so many things that need to be fixed to make this game back to the fun I had when I first started when it came out on PS4 with Mod 10-11.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I was OK with the adventure for the most part. It wasn't great but it wasn't annoying. That is, until the recycled boss fight and then the horrible non-ending. That left the adventure squarely in negative territory. Fight Valindra (again) but this time instead of dying she... just decides to win instead and then Elminster shows up and says "NOPE I cast Gobbledygook" and the win doesn't do anything except vague plot hook.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    It's just the end of the campaign story disguised as adventure. It leads players from the Dragonbone Vale into the new trial although it's kinda funny that you could technically do the trial before that depending on how you proceed through the campaign and adventure. I mean it's not the end of the world, but you obviously want adventures to be more of an independent and significant story feature. These quests, boons, and rewards should have been just incorporated into the campaign.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I agree that it should be something more challenging and a little longer, but at least it's something new, different from what was the last module that took a long time and everything was VoS again. It was VoS for the rings, then for the profession items and to finish the +5 shirts and other accessories like the VoS HC rings. Funny that until today VoS profession items are not released. After VoS already had the Echoes of Prophecy event, new module with the new trial and now more this adventure, and that continues like this, even if the contents are fast, but it is something new to do.
  • orcariom#3060 orcariom Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    What I liked most about this update was the decision to go to lost ark.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User

I agree that it should be something more challenging and a little longer, but at least it's something new, different from what was the last module that took a long time and everything was VoS again. It was VoS for the rings, then for the profession items and to finish the +5 shirts and other accessories like the VoS HC rings. Funny that until today VoS profession items are not released. After VoS already had the Echoes of Prophecy event, new module with the new trial and now more this adventure, and that continues like this, even if the contents are fast, but it is something new to do.

What you mean VOS Profession items are released? I don't think i've still seen the sharandar recipes yet
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I think he meant drops from corpse flowers, profession materials from sharandar maps and bosses drops. There are plenty of those and they are useless because, as you said, there are no sharandar masterwork recipes available.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    The adventure was nice but it was lacking enemies to kill (getting quests' items was too simple) so it ended too fast. Only the last quest was a bit challenging and I enjoyed it more because I do love using grapples.
    It might deserve a bit of fine tuning, e.g enemies should spawn when we collect the items

The adventure was nice but it was lacking enemies to kill (getting quests' items was too simple) so it ended too fast. Only the last quest was a bit challenging and I enjoyed it more because I do love using grapples.
    It might deserve a bit of fine tuning, e.g enemies should spawn when we collect the items

You're really suggesting bloating a boring storyline with even more mobs that serve no purpose? I thought I've seen it all by now, but apparently not. I mean the rewards definitely are not in line with other adventures based on content length, making the Summit the #1 spot to go for on alts, but you work around this issue by incorporating more story elements.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited February 2022

You're really suggesting bloating a boring storyline with even more mobs that serve no purpose? I thought I've seen it all by now, but apparently not. I mean the rewards definitely are not in line with other adventures based on content length, making the Summit the #1 spot to go for on alts, but you work around this issue by incorporating more story elements.
    I mean you get 5 boons for little to no effort in this mini-adventure. So on this point I agree with you. And adding more filling elements could have a workaround.

I also did not really understand the plot at the end of the campaign, there were some gaps in the story : the dragon lady wanted her beloved friend back (he was currently under control of Valindra) but at the end I did not get it
  • mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User

I mean you get 5 boons for little to no effort
    If only boons where meaningful

I also did not really understand the plot at the end of the campaign, there were some gaps in the story : the dragon lady wanted her beloved friend back (he was currently under control of Valindra) but at the end I did not get it

It's funny how the devs really came full circle recycling a storyline that originally already had been in the game. Valindra was the original antagonist in Modules 1-3, but the capstone fight against her and her Dracolich in Castle Never was eventually removed and the dungeon reworked. 20 Modules lates she is back, you guessed it, with a Dracolich, just a slightly different build-up. You really can't make this up.

We were already accustomed to the constant recycling of dungeons, zones, and other content. But removing the original story just to bring it back eight years later in a slightly reshaped form is bold.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Most likely, this story was the Chris Whiteside 'Evolving World' of both Mods 2 and 4/5, except unlike Sharandar they didn't axe all of the original campaigns. Overall, I like the mod except for the threadbare 'Adventure' ending and the heroics are pretty obnoxious if you don't zerg them, with all the overlap red and DOTs. Both Valindra and the Cult of the Dragon have been low level punching bags for far too long to really be taken seriously. Severin is the just the appetizer before Tiamat, after all.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Adventure length and all is perfect
    Now start fixing the game