test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, People Don't Even Want to Play Trials That Work Now?

chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
Maybe an inflammatory discussion title, but a genuine question.

Got Svardborg today.

People haven't adapted to the fact that both manticores attack. Whatever.

We got Storvald down to one bar of health. Permafrost killed the last two of us who were standing.

One. Bar. Of health.

We had eight minutes left to win the trial. We had lost in about seven. Most of us run over to try again.

Two people refuse.

I ask, "We were so close. Are you quitting?"

One replies, "Yes."

They held the rest of us hostage until the timer got down to four minutes, and it was absolutely impossible to win the trial, and then one of them quit.

We had victory in our hands the first time. We had plenty of time to try again and win this time. And Svardborg can give you 100,000 AD with the random queue bonus with the right re-rolls.

Can someone explain to me why people would be like, "Welp...we tried..." and then absolutely refuse to try a second time when we were within a couple dailies of winning?

Do people seriously just want to win...they don't want to play? That statement has always offended me in the past, but after these past few days of seeing people just quit, either in the middle of a trial that wasn't being won fast enough or after losing by a hair's breadth...I'm getting pretty worn out by the folks who can see victory within their grasp and just turn away because it's not coming to them fast enough.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    When you play with strangers, there is always a chance that can happen. If there are 10% of population is like that, technically, you will always get one of your 10 random player party. For me, it is not about right or wrong. It is life.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • satatomo#9974 satatomo Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    People need to start treating hostage taking in a dungeon or trial as Harassment. They have an option to quit and take the penalty. If they get several dozen reports they will be dealt with, people should not worry about it being unfair. I am sure the GMS have access to chat logs so they can verify unfair reports. By the way multiple account abusers with under geared characters are more likely to do this than completely new players. How would brand new players learn "kick me"?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    If there is a way to abuse a feature, people will abuse it. Blame the feature, not the players :D
    - bye bye -
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Thanks, folks - I know these responses come from different angles, but I think there's some truth to all of them.