test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don't put Demo in RTQ, please.

atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
Demogorgon does not belong in RTQ. Please make its removal permanent.

Making RTQ require 40k item level drastically limits the AD that newer players can earn in a day. They give up and move on to other games. This makes the game less fun for everyone.

If you queue into RTQ with anything less than a full pre-made 10 person group, you'll probably get an already failed Demogorgon that will never fill up. If you're a lone DPS, then you just wasted a lot of time and you have to start over.

The same is true if you're trying to farm Demo. You can't queue up solo because half the players in the instance don't want to be there, so they leave and then it won't refill.

Demogorgon is fun with private groups. It just doesn't belong in RTQ.

Comments

• Options
    atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Devs, please see the comments at this link. The suggestion of permanently removing Demo from RTQ was overwhelmingly supported by players.
  • Options
    starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Please, absolutely. I feel like this request is nearly universal, and I honestly don't see the appeal or reason to include it back in.

If we really need it to be included in a random, please lower the AD payout and introduce a higher payout for an "Advanced Trial" random queue. this could include Demo, Non-master zariel, and whatever else is appropriate for IL 40k? (If you feel the rewards are too high on reg Trial queue with it removed)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    I agree partially with the op.
    Demorgorgon can definitely be kept in RTQ if the portals and the monsters that come from the portals have less hit points (20% less could be fair): when dps are lowbies and assuming some of of them comply with the mechanics, they have a lot of trouble to close the portals and get surrounded by mobs.
    Besides, among the mobs, glabrezus should deal way less damage, currently they can oneshot.
    Don't take me wrong, I can do Demorgorgon on my endgame dps and in a premade group, but I know that many people are struggling. And we need these people and to keep them motivated for the future.

Regarding the tanking, most of tanks don't even bother with aggro switch, so it is not the issue here. There are many tanks that die because of lack of knowledge (purple lazer is not a buff) but overall at least one of them knows how to do the job.

Regarding the healing, well.. as usual red zones are not a buff and tank being on the side of dps is not good either, but you cannot do anything for it. The only healing difficulty is to keep the low-level dps alive with the mobs. Loss of dps is absolutely detrimental in pug groups.

So again, the main thing to tune down are the mobs and portals.

As for the item level to access RTQ, it might be decreased a tad bit to help players' retention.
  • Options
    sageone#7098 sageone Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I think even if they make adjustments to trial the stigma of it is going to remain and players are going to avoid it. If the devs decide to keep it in RTQ they need to either lower the hp of the mobs and portals or up the IL to 50k. They would also need to adjust the rewards so we are not getting old items that no longer serve a purpose. If there are better rewards than more players would be willing to run it. Or heck maybe start giving rewards based on how many times a player runs Demo
    10 runs = Bonus reward of 10 Reroll tokens
    20 runs = 25 comp tokens
    30 runs = 30 mount tokens
    40 runs = 5 enchanted keys for lockboxes
    so on and so forth.
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Well, finally... Good news for new and mid. players. Well, they can fix rewards in demo as well... But i couldn't find demo at all (bug ?!?!). It should stay as option for premade parties.
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    I don't agree with the complete removal of demo, but I do agree with adjusting the portal and trash mob mechanics
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    > @thany#4351 said:
    > Well, finally... Good news for new and mid. players. Well, they can fix rewards in demo as well... But i couldn't find demo at all (bug ?!?!). It should stay as option for premade parties.

It's in private queues ATM
  • Options
    erza1120erza1120 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I agree with the comments here there needs to be a easier version of demo similar to what you had before the change, and not be 4k to be able to join, the rest of the trails aren’t 4k to join so why does demo have to be, you devs should remove demo from RTQ or make two versions of it