test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update the invocation

kirill3037kirill3037 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I think it's time to update the invocation.
Now in the game everywhere you can have companions, mounts, tokens, etc. (dungeon chests, experience reward)
So why not update the invocation by adding this feature to them. So to speak, the highest blessing of the gods. You can also add the probability of God's wrath.
It could be about this probability:
85% - ordinary invocation (as it is now)
10% - wrath of the gods
5% - the highest blessing of the gods

This could increase the interest of invocation, they would be eagerly awaited. Whereas now, for example, I don't want to do a full cycle and I only do the first prayer.

I'm sorry if I wrote something wrong, I don't know English very well and I write through a translator.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Updates to invocation have been discussed internally but we don't have any details to share at this time.
  • Options
    erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Is it possible to allow invocation from Character Selection Screen? Maybe with VIP rank 10 or so? It can really take a long time to log in and out of more than 10 toons :) And while at it, could it be possible to display number of Ardent and Celestial coins somewhere close to character selected?
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    So, a discussion as to a change to invokes. Not buggy enough? Seems to work, need to fix that?
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User

I am feeling a nerf is coming.

Same.

The idea behind the invocations is partially the same as VIP bags, it is a way to attract players into coming in the game every day they can, and encourage them to stay logged in around 3-4h/day (to get the last invoke). To sum up, encourage addiction with a daily routine ^^.
    It has some rewards attached to it (especially in the 2 shops associated with the 2 invoke tokens) but honestly, without an alt-army, it really doesn't feel like invocation is meaningfull in any way. At the contrary with an alt-army, it can make a huge difference in your economy (20 toons doing all the invocations every day = around 109 astral chests/month = 3-4 BtA coalescent / month + 30-40 preservation/month).

As a matter of fact, since i "built my account" during my 6 first months on Neverwinter (december 2016 to june 2017), I never ever really had to buy any coalescent/preservation wards in the Zen Market for my personnal use on enchantments (I did buy them to flip AD=>zen=>more AD or as gifts/rewards for the events I organize within my ally).

Here probably lies the problem.

2 toons slots is cheaper than one coalescent in the Zen market (500zen if i remember well vs 1000 zen without coupon or special reduction event jubilee/blackfriday), and the investment in 2 more toons only to get more invokes (so not speaking about other benefice like more workshops, more sybella's legacy quests, more gifts/sahaballs in winter/summer fests, etc) can be fully returned in around 41 days (= time to get 15 astral chests with 2 toons invoking to the last invocation everyday, so statiscally around 0,5 coalescent) by bascially doing nothing.

Even without the 36k refining AD/toon we had back before mod15, alt-armies are still quite efficient economically, and the invocation system is still one of the main reasons why players develop huge alt-armies, leading in fact to a ton of characters that, past unlocking the invocation, never do anything else but invoking (ok maybe also acting as storage a bit too).

The discussion they had was likely revolving around how "too powerfull" invocation is for players with a true alt-army compared to a 2-toons new free player, and maybe a bit about how tiresome "no gameplay" it is to invoke on all your toons when you have a huge alt-army (in my exemple, I only do one invoke per day on my 43 toons, but it already represents 15minutes of my "playing time", even with a /bind ctrl+u "gotocharacterselect", spent on something i consider to be an "anti gaming concept"... doing nothing but waiting to load a character, ctrl+i, occasionnally buy an astral chest when 11/14 tokens, ctrl+u, waiting to load the character list, dble click on next character, rince and repeat).

Personnally, even if it comes with a huge nerf on how many coalescent/preservation I can currently "produce" with invoking, I wouldn't mind a change on the invoking system if it adds something to do/locations to visit (Maybe a Chauntea's follower would like to visit the Harvest House in Daggerford, south-east of Waterdeep ? Maybe workshippers of Oghma would want to do something related to the House of Knowledge in Neverwinter ?).
    Getting rid of that ctrl+i alt-army thing, put a true gameplay and meaning around a character invoking his deity, make something different between how each deity can be invoked, add an idea of "roleplay" slightly impacting the gameplay and tied with what deity you have chosen and on how much "devoted" you are. I would gladly trade my 3-4 coalescent/month for that.

• Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited February 2022

You mean ANOTHER NERF don't you?

When I started playing NW invoking got players gold, potions and occasionally scrolls or skill kits or AD’s… Oh yeah and character experience. Most of those things have been removed from invocation now we get a physical manifestation of blessing a promissory note for an AD boost when we get AD’s, some common low level refinement gems and maybe a coupon to try to entice players to buy things… I don’t believe I’ve seen a coalition ward (or their present equivalent) in over a year, but granted I don’t have as much time to play and invoke as I did a few years ago.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    chidion said:

When I started playing NW invoking got players gold, potions and occasionally scrolls or skill kits or AD’s… Oh yeah and character experience. Most of those things have been removed from invocation now we get a physical manifestation of blessing a promissory note for an AD boost when we get AD’s, some common low level refinement gems and maybe a coupon to try to entice players to buy things… I don’t believe I’ve seen a coalition ward (or their present equivalent) in over a year, but granted I don’t have as much time to play and invoke as I did a few years ago.
    I opened about 300 every few month and I would get about 10 each time. I have been doing that for years. Right now, I have about 150. I have a feeling this will be ended.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    chidion said:

Another secret, undocumented one.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User

Here probably lies the problem.

Even without the 36k refining AD/toon we had back before mod15, alt-armies are still quite efficient economically, and the invocation system is still one of the main reasons why players develop huge alt-armies, leading in fact to a ton of characters that, past unlocking the invocation, never do anything else but invoking (ok maybe also acting as storage a bit too).

So what if a player invests in additional characters simply to invoke? When they yanked a/the reason to run content on multiple characters which (Pre-Mod 14), arguing against characters that are used primarily to invoke is pretty much dead. If a player uses a character(s) simply to invoke then they are shorting themselves because each additional character brings about a number of opportunities for gains beyond simply getting extra chances at a bound Coalescent Mote.

There are a number of players that do in fact develop multiple characters beyond the default 2 so any nerf because of “invokers” will harm the players that actually play their characters.
    Back when each character had their own 36k RAD refining cap, a number of additional characters were invoked on AND ran content though when that was changed it took away a fairly decent reason to run content on them and a lot simply became “invokers”, thus creating the pseudo issue of “invoker” characters. When you remove/change a benefit from having additional characters the remaining benefit(s) get utilized more to fill the gap. With Mod 14 everyone’s RAD refining potential was equalized no matter how many characters the account had (which was quite ridiculous). It essentially gave even more reason for characters to be/become “invokers” because no matter how many hours you played during a session you couldn’t refine more than 100k daily. Players with 1-2 characters got a 28k RAD refining increase at no cost to them while those with 3+ characters got a 8k+ RAD refining nerf WITHOUT reimbursement.

The discussion they had was likely revolving around how "too powerfull" invocation is for players with a true alt-army compared to a 2-toons new free player, and maybe a bit about how tiresome "no gameplay" it is to invoke on all your toons when you have a huge alt-army

More powerful, yes, too powerful, no. The advantage of having 3+ characters is inherent although there is NO UNFAIR ADVANTAGE with having more than the default 2 characters which makes the difference.

It takes around 100+ celestial coffers or about 7-8 hours of waiting through load screens switching between 2+ characters for a CHANCE at a coalescent mote while a player with only 1-2 characters can essentially spend that 7-8 hours playing the game/running content to then be able to BUY a coalescent mote from the trade house without RNG being involved in their process… that pretty much kills the argument of:

"a player with 1-2 characters < a player with like 10+ characters"

in regard to the benefits of invoking (Coalescent Motes)... Currently players can spend time playing for a coalescent mote and or spend time waiting for a chance at a coalescent mote…

Chances at Coalescent Wards/Motes has pretty much been the only consistent benefit from having additional characters outside of coupons and RP…
    You play more characters, you are supposed to get more out of the game though part of the problem with Neverwinter are changes that continually cater to and shape the game around the “casual” player base while ousting the more dedicated players at the same time. Managing characters beyond the default 2 slots and beyond simply invoking takes a CONSIDERABLE amount of organization, time, effort, etc. which in turn is rewarded by various means. Nerfing those means is overbearing and has continually happened over the years.

Pretty much every player has the capacity to buy Zen and or convert AD to Zen for more character slots, choosing not to is a choice and trying to use that choice not to get more character slots as an argument against those that do/have undermines the argument.
    If a player does not want to invest to obtain and play more than 1-2 characters, those that do invest/have invested to do so should not simply be brought down to their level and or simply having the benefits of having more than 2 characters continually reduced, that’s pretty much bait and switch. That’s like a person saying I don’t want to work more hours on my job (use more than 1-2 characters) and nobody else should be able to because they will make more money than me. It’s also like getting a promotion on a job that comes with additional benefits (getting more characters) then over time those benefits are reduced and you are not reimbursed for your investment for/into that promotion.

add an idea of "roleplay" slightly impacting the gameplay and tied with what deity you have chosen and on how much "devoted" you are. I would gladly trade my 3-4 coalescent/month for that.

No sir. 4hrs + the time to switch characters, load in, etc. just for a CHANCE at a coalescent mote is steep enough (it takes around 100+ coffers for ONE, which can take around 7-8 hours of load screens), taking that away/reducing coalescent mote drops simply for some roleplay? No thanks.

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ General Statement +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

If “invokers” are seen to be a problem even though there is already a STEEP investment, including time to TRY and benefit from simply invoking on multiple characters, even steeper when doing things beyond invoking and to be the lesser of evils (some type of overbearing nerf the developers often enough implement); the developers can simply add running content to the invocation system like they did BRAD (bonus RAD).

The system would involve running RQ’s and or other content (maybe doing a “prayer” type ritual within an RQ and or zone) and as the content/rituals is/are completed, a meter fills up incrementally. If the meter is below a certain threshold the character CAN NOT PURCHASE CELESTIAL COFFERS because their deity is “not pleased with them”. Invoking raises the meter “slightly”. When a celestial coffer is purchased the meter is completely depleted, and that’s pretty much it overall. If you don’t run content on a character, you can’t get celestial coffers on them for a LONG time by simply invoking, boom, “invokers” are essentially nullified and players that actually play their multiple characters "aren’t" overbearingly impacted, plain and simple.

The system would have tiers to the meter where each tier achieved increases the invocation rewards when invoking within that tier. The tiers would have separate celestial bag types (green, blue, purple, orange)(they already don’t stack so different bags wouldn’t be much of a change to what already happens with celestial bags).

For example:
    Tier 1 – Refinement (x1 green), chance at coupons (basic). Character CANNOT purchase a Celestial Coffer.
    Tier 2 – Refinement (x1 green, x1 blue) and chance at coupons (basic). Character CANNOT purchase a Celestial Coffer.
    Tier 3 – Refinement (x1 green, x1 blue, x1 purple), and chance at coupons (higher quality). Character CAN purchase a Celestial Coffer.
    Tier 1/2/3 – Higher chance at a legendary bag depending on the tier. Legendary bags would could a legendary refinement item and a “special coupon”.

Also the system would allow invoking from the character select screen because making invoking easier with this system matters less because without completing content, celestial bags will be unavailable for purchase for quite some by simply invoking. Also because having to now work for coffers/other rewards AND having to log onto multiple characters, sit through loading screens, etc. to invoke would be, well, overbearing.

Again, personally wouldn’t mind a system like this if it keeps the developers from coming up with another one of their “make the player work harder for less reward” schemes.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    edited July 2022

It takes around 100+ celestial coffers or about 7-8 hours of waiting through load screens switching between 2+ characters for a CHANCE at a coalescent mote ...

It is about one c-mote per 33 coffers. That is my average anyway. You do need to open over a hundred in one shot to get that "consistently".
    By the way, Cryptic "promoted" to get many characters. I bought most of my character slots when they had 90% off of character slots when its full price is not expensive to begin with. On the other hand, to be fair, there was no loadout and each class had 3 paragon paths back then.

Sorry for the interruption. Carry on.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2022

Updates to invocation have been discussed internally but we don't have any details to share at this time.

Well hopefully they don't reduce the rewards, and I'm fine with how it's done now.

I'd just like to see a few items slightly updated a bit, so marks of potency (not used any more) aren't given in one chest. The other has Enchanting Stones which are still used and nice, even though your far more likely to get Green, or Blue.

And while I rarely ever receive a Coal Ward, when it does happen it's very nice. Some say you need to save up 100 Celestial Chests before you open to get best chance, that also can take a long time. I opened about 30 during the 2x Enchantment and never got one. Maybe next time I'll have 35-70 saved (that's also using 9 toons at most) and most don't always pray 6x either. I also have several vacant Character slots I don't even use.

No problem with those who use the maximum, yet doing so on 57 character's is a bit extreme especially when praying takes 1-2s at most... ...especially if & when they have 2, 3 or more accounts on the same IP address doing the same.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    Invocation.

If there would be any changes in this system, I think it would be best if it got complete overhaul.
    The system should reward players who actually play, not one who have largest alt farms.

Lot of alts where created only for sake to farm Coalescent Ward( now Coalescent mote). Which where causing problem, both for ingame economy, also problem for game publisher, and also artificially boosting playerbase activity.

Not so long invoke get nered, more precise EXP gains part. Through years lot of players lv up their alts via invoke, without doing any dungeon, quest or open world exp grinding.
    Every day player log in and do same usual drill > invoke> switch character> invoke>switch> invoke> switch account> repeat.

There where even players who went as far as using bot for invoke farmings.

The problem is that, when you have these hordes of alts farming Coalescent Ward and too many of them getting in game, then staff had to adjust chances to gain it. Which punished casual players, and yet again benefiting those have tons of alts.

Too many Coalescent Ward in game also means company can't seel them via ZEN store, which is not good buisness. Game need to make money, no server runs for free, also staff are not slaves, you need pay salary too. :)

And this artificaly boosted playerbase activity.

Neverwinter as game where never a big game, lets be honest with that. Big part of playerbase are just alts. I knew dozen players who had over 100 alts via multiple accounts. What happnes when few of these players quit game? Well, not so long where yet again talks that Neverwinter lost big part of playerbase, based by steam numbers.

Reality, since progress in Game become easier and quicker, Also companions/mounts, and enchantments become account wide, it's not longer need to have invoke farms. Only some still do exploit this game flaw. Majority players quit that.

So real numbers of games playerbase activity started to show up.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options

It is about one c-mote per 33 coffers. That is my average anyway. You do need to open over a hundred in one shot to get that "consistently".

By the way, Cryptic "promoted" to get many characters. I bought most of my character slots when they had 90% off of character slots when its full price is not expensive to begin with. On the other hand, to be fair, there was no loadout and each class had 3 paragon paths back then.

Your drop chance is pretty good then. Personally it's been around 1% drop chance since the beginning of play (pretty much have screenshots or video of every coffer/dungeon reward).

Characters slots were promoted quite a lot back, then and over time the benefits were reduced.

Invocation.

If there would be any changes in this system, I think it would be best if it got complete overhaul.
    The system should reward players who actually play, not one who have largest alt farms.

The system doesn't need a complete overhaul, just the rewards tied to gameplay as they did BRAD (outlined in a previous post). Invoke only characters won't be able to get celestial coffers in a short amount of time, problem essentially solved.

Botting is a PC issue and has been since the beginning. Every time PC ramps up botting the console players get the overbearing changes while PC continues botting and the game is made harder/less rewarding for console players. Any anti-botting changes should be solely for the PC version of Neverwinter.

Well, not so long where yet again talks that Neverwinter lost big part of playerbase, based by steam numbers.

Player population can't reasonable be calculated simply from Steam numbers...

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options

Your drop chance is pretty good then. Personally it's been around 1% drop chance since the beginning of play (pretty much have screenshots or video of every coffer/dungeon reward).

https://harbingers.online/viewtopic.php?t=187

Some one did 2217 coffers in 2020 and his drop rate of c-ward was 2.75%.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Invocation.

The system doesn't need a complete overhaul, just the rewards tied to gameplay as they did BRAD (outlined in a previous post). Invoke only characters won't be able to get celestial coffers in a short amount of time, problem essentially solved..

Actually it do require overhaul.

The system where desing for old days, when epic companion where a thing, same can be said about epic mounts. Also in old days, the chances to gain wards where higher, and also you could even sell them. Imagine player with hordes of alt's farming invcations and you can sell/trade wards?
    That's was one starting points of ZAX backlogs. To counter this problem and high quanties being add to game, staff adjuted chances to gain them.
    Does it helped? The adjustment ended up as punishing casual players who have few alts. And rewarding players who have multiple acconts dedicated to farm invocations.

Even if Coalescent Ward is account bound, that make no difference. You take your enchantment, send via mail to your alt account who have Coalescent Ward, upgrade enchantment and then send upgraded enchantment back to your main account.
    Then sell in AH or keep for yourself.

So tell me, what the point to keep same flawed system? What the point to keep system which do not reward players, and only those who have hordes of alts?

Botting is a PC issue and has been since the beginning. Every time PC ramps up botting the console players get the overbearing changes while PC continues botting and the game is made harder/less rewarding for console players. Any anti-botting changes should be solely for the PC version of Neverwinter..

General rule in mmo games:
    If there are chance to run bot, then without doubts someone will do it.
    If there is a glitch, then without doubts someone will exploit it.

While consoles have lesser bots, does not mean it didn't had. Dozen players migrated between platforms, soem moved from PC to console, either xbox or playstation, and wise versia.
    And I heard plenty of stories how players used bots to farm stuffs. And considering that other console games also have issues with bots. So for me it's hard to take claim that bot issue in Neverwinter are only problem on PC. And there is no problem with console platform.

Also need to remind that over all issue with Bots in Neverwinter is highly declined.

The bots, fake websites which sell gold and other curencies. They are only made if game is popular, once game popularity decline to certain level. No one will bother to make new version of bots or make fake websites.

Do you think some sort new security stuffs removed bots from pc platform? Reality is that majority of gold sellers, and bot users simply moved away from this game.

In 2009, I was still playing game Cabal Online.( PC), it used nProtection as guard against bots and exploits.
    At 12AM new patch where realsed, that blocked roughly 80~90% of all bots and other third party softwares, including virtual keyboards which would affect game, or attempt to run multiple game clients and etc.

Three hours latter at ( 15am) most of blocked bot return back. If game is popular, someone quickly patch bots.
    That was lesson which ESTsoft staff had to learn in hard way.

So what I am saying is that, if there would be need, or someone would want, then without doubts someone would use bots. And only matter is, are you made preperation against such activities before it's become out of control, or not.

Well, not so long where yet again talks that Neverwinter lost big part of playerbase, based by steam numbers.

Player population can't reasonable be calculated simply from Steam numbers..

That's true, taking one platform as source of playerbase activity is not the best way.. However what I pointed is that, since enchantments, companions, and mounts become account wide. It's highly reduced need to spent time to farm them( again) in order to gear up your alts.

Once you get one enchantment to mythic rank, you can make it one for all alts for free. This highly reduce need to farm wards.
    Also farm AD so you could buy enchantments or catalist or companions or mounts. Once you get mount, you don't need to farm same mount for your alt, same with companions.

So what happening here is that, you don't need to run these alt account farms anymore.

Before mod 15 release, I was migrating between guild/alliances, helping new guilds, or players who formed guild yet where low lv.

There where case I got in one alliance, imagine 4 guilds alliance and 98% of all members there where just alts. More precise there where only 12 real players, rest just their alts. They where not even hiding that they used bots or run multi game clients on same pc.
    One player, yet three game clients runs at same time. He log off, yet system can see three players log off.
    Used to farm Stronghold sieges, cuz blood ruby at that moment costed 50k ad in auction house.

Eventually they quit game. It's just 12 players. Yet at same time their alt farms and all alt account stoped being active too. That made visible dent in charts, but these 12 players where not only ones in whole server.

Other good example, when you get in Protector Enclave and try recruit new players in guild.
    Two modules ago, if you spot with 10 random new players, then by average 8 of them where not new, just someones new alt.

Now from 10 it's 5 are someone's alt. That's mean other 5 are realy new players.

That's why I say that now the real playerbase activity start to set. Less hordes of alts, no need run multi clients.
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    edited July 2022

Lot of alts where created only for sake to farm Coalescent Ward( now Coalescent mote). Which where causing problem, both for ingame economy, also problem for game publisher, and also artificially boosting playerbase activity.

Not so long invoke get nerfed, more precise EXP gains part. Through years lot of players lv up their alts via invoke, without doing any dungeon, quest or open world exp grinding.

Every day player log in and do same usual drill > invoke> switch character> invoke>switch> invoke> switch account> repeat.

The problem is that, when you have these hordes of alts farming Coalescent Ward and too many of them getting in game, then staff had to adjust chances to gain it. Which punished casual players, and yet again benefiting those have tons of alts.

I have heard of a few players who have 50+ Character's, and honestly I think that's a bit much... I have but 9, and that's one of each class, prior to that I had only 8 up until recently... ...that's also when I discovered they finally (during my 2 year absence) created a new Bard Class, and that had been in the works for years.

Example:
    Set 2 Celestial Coins (as it is now) yet only allow no more than 18 (max per day by account) it's fair & reasonable!
    ╘ Do people need more than 1 of each class, that's up to them; it's also not days of old, before loadouts.
    ╘ Might also encourage more to pay AD for Loadouts to unlock a 3rd, 4th or 5th on more toons as well. :)

I do agree the best way to approach this is limit Celestial Coins to (max per account per day) similar to what they did with refinement (max 100,000k refinement) per account per day in Mod 16. This would certainly be the best way to address the core issue, without reducing rewards even more, might even allow them to slightly boost the reward's a little bit as well. o:)

https://harbingers.online/viewtopic.php?t=187

Some one did 2217 coffers in 2020 and his drop rate of c-ward was 2.75%.
    Yea that seems about right.
  • Options
    strathkin said:

I have heard of a few players who have 50+ Character's, and honestly I think that's a bit much... I have but 9, and that's one of each class, prior to that I had only 8 up until recently... ...that's also when I discovered they finally (during my 2 year absence) created a new Bard Class, and that had been in the works for years.

So what if a player has 50+ characters? It doesn't harm you in ANY way. There's no unfair advantage with having more characters. Anyone can get more characters if they so choose.
    strathkin said:

Example:
    Set 2 Celestial Coins (as it is now) yet only allow no more than 18 (max per day by account) it's fair & reasonable!
    ╘ Do people need more than 1 of each class, that's up to them; it's also not days of old, before loadouts.
    ╘ Might also encourage more to pay AD for Loadouts to unlock a 3rd, 4th or 5th on more toons as well. :)

I do agree the best way to approach this is limit Celestial Coins to (max per account per day) similar to what they did with refinement (max 100,000k refinement) per account per day in Mod 16. This would certainly be the best way to address the core issue, without reducing rewards even more, might even allow them to slightly boost the reward's a little bit as well. o:)

OH HELL NO.

That it isn't fair nor reasonable, it's outrageous actually. A lot of the time it's the players with fewer characters wanting to limit the rewards of those with more which is BEYOND selfish.

There is no "core" issue other than those with fewer characters not wanting to put in the effort to get more invoke reward opportunities while at the same time arguing against those that do. If you don't want to swim don't complain about the ones in the pool.

• Options

What the point to keep system which do not reward players, and only those who have hordes of alts?

The Zen backlog essentially began when players realized it was more profitable to sell Zen items directly on the trade house at marked up prices to then be able to buy more of what they want rather than selling Zen for AD and buying less of what they want.

The invocation system rewards ANY player that takes part in it, not just players with more characters. If you only want to play 1-2 characters does that mean everyone else should be limited to 1-2 characters? Not at all, that's ridiculous.

Account bound items don't work like that, they are bound to that specific account.

The system really isn't flawed, it's like the lottery, the more tickets you get the more chances you have to win. Get two tickets, you get two chances to win. Get 10 tickets, 10 chances to win, etc. On top of that, just because you get more tickets doesn't mean you win more. Just think about all the people that bought one or a few lottery tickets and won the jackpot compared to those that play it daily and STILL haven’t won the jackpot…

Once you get one enchantment to mythic rank, you can make it one for all alts for free. This highly reduce need to farm wards.
    Also farm AD so you could buy enchantments or catalist or companions or mounts. Once you get mount, you don't need to farm same mount for your alt, same with companions.

So what happening here is that, you don't need to run these alt account farms anymore.

Your opinion doesn't determine why people want Coalescent Motes, nor does your "people don't need to farm them" determine whether people should be able to.

When you trade in a Mythic enchantment for an account wide, reclaimable, character bound enchantment, you can only reclaim ONE copy of it on the same/other characters on the account… If you want “x” of a specific enchantment, you have to trade in “x” Mythic ones and each one takes at least 4 Coalescent Motes.

Account wide mounts and companions are NOT all Mythic. If they are not mythic there is STILL room to upgrade them, do you have to upgrade them, no, though you will not gain more stats/ilvl without doing so. Furthermore, upgrading one account wide mount/companion does NOT upgrade it for all characters on the account. Tokens cost time, trade bars and or AD to get.

The adjustment ended up as punishing casual players who have few alts. And rewarding players who have multiple acconts dedicated to farm invocations.

strathkin said:

Example:

You both make the claims of the system punishing players that don’t have a lot of characters and or wanting to actually punish those that invested in multiple characters…

Do you also want the players with “x” amount of character slots to get a rebate on the Zen spent for them? Didn’t see that anywhere in any of the posts against those with multiple characters... Removing benefits of having multiple characters AFTER the fact is ACTUAL punishment.

Players can/do use the Coalescent Motes from Celestial Coffers to fund all types of things. Guild leaders can use them to fund prizes for contests, players can use them to fund items for a friend that just started to play, etc. Should those players be “punished” as you put it, simply because you don’t like players with more characters rightfully having more chances to get a Coalescent Mote from invoking?

So many people get so caught in up in wanting to grab the torches and pitchforks that they don’t care about all the people that they trample in the process. The selfishness is real…

• Options
    Y'all do know motes from invoke coffers are bound account, right? Are you complaining that others can share between characters? Account limits on celestial coins, so those bums have to buy yours? Or one from Cryptic? Bad idea.
    Invoke changes, like all the changes, will probably be just to force people to spend Zen. And y'all approve? Damn!
  • Options
    There are more than one way to get free c-mote and p-ward (free as not using AD or Zen). Invocation is just one of the ways. It needs the knowledge and the will to get them. If one does not have both, one can use AD or Zen.
  • Options
    Yes, there are other ways to get motes... any real reason to nerf a current source of account bound motes? Envy, greed?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    As someone else said, reward's (should) likely be based on the (Character's) you actually play ever week, or at least a reasonable amount each month. Now granted everyone has 1, 2, or 3 possibly 4 Main's they focus on; yet it's also very reasonable that moderate players have one of each class (9) they actually care about and also know their names; that's where the 18 Celestial Coins per day came from.

――♫♪♫♪♪———————————————————————————————————————————————————
    While I'm sorry you disagree, I'm respectful and fine if they limited Celestial Coins (max per day/account) to 18, 24, or even 30 as a compromise. So do you login to 30 and quickly pray, so it's done, or focus on 15 to pray 6x each; that's up to you. They could even limit Arden Coin's to 50% the value of (the Celestial) as they only grant 1 each day, so you have to choose which Character's are most important!

That might allow to reduce cost for Potion to 1, so earning one each day, on the Character's you play most!
    ――――――――――――――――――――

Still to answer your question, You can still login and do quest from Heroic Medals for 1-2 quests each day; it doesn't take long but would require about 15-25 minutes per character depending on quest accepted. That also require you playing them a little. Praying does not, it's login, pray, switch and (most) I know limit that to 1 of each class, or only perhaps slightly more. I do have a few (maybe 1, or 2) old friends with maybe 18-24 Characters, yet did so mostly before day's of Loadouts too!

Logging in for 1-2 seconds on 57 Character's isn't exactly playing them either, (most get burned out in a year, unless they using bots which violates terms of service too) so why should they get 5x the drop rate of casuals / moderates (yet dedicated players) who sometimes buy ZEN. I'd welcome a change, especially if it slightly improved the rewards!

"Even if Coalescent Ward is account bound, that make no difference. You take your enchantment, send via mail to your alt account who have Coalescent Ward, upgrade enchantment and then send upgraded enchantment back to your main account. Then sell in AH or keep for yourself."

That's a very fair claim made here by someone else, if I upgrade an enchantment I use it myself. So I won't apologize if I wouldn't mind seeing drop rate slightly increased for Coal's for Character's I play, yet they won't do if (a limited few) have 57 characters (praying 6x) earning 57 Celestial Chest (every 5 days) or 342 a month.

o:)
    Remember the vision of designers was for people to play Characters, not to only pray with them.
    @nitocris83
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    strathkin said:

As someone else said, reward's (should) likely be based on the (Character's) you actually play ever week, or at least a reasonable amount each month. Now granted everyone has 1, 2, or 3 possibly 4 Main's they focus on; yet it's also very reasonable that moderate players have one of each class (9) they actually care about and also know their names; that's where the 18 Celestial Coins per day came from.

I use to have 7 characters that I play everyday. All 7 were main as I play them in full and equip in full. Now, because of Dragonslayer, I am adding 2 to get 9. May be even more for the upcoming recruitment event. I am not talking about every week. I am talking about everyday.

Your reasonable does not necessary apply to everybody. There was a 'complaining' post (for a different matter regarding other players affecting his adventuring) recently and the poster is doing 17.

Also, your definition of playing does not necessary apply to everyone.

You have no idea what the vision of the designers were/are/will be. I don't. If their vision changes, they can change it to whatever it is. It is their game.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

strathkin said:

I use to have 7 characters that I play everyday. All 7 were main as I play them in full and equip in full. Now, because of Dragonslayer, I am adding 2 to get 9. May be even more for the upcoming recruitment event. I am not talking about every week. I am talking about everyday.

Your reasonable does not necessary apply to everybody.
    I know, as I said I'm also very fair and can't expect everybody to be the same as me. Clearly some have more time than I do, and I don't want to disrespect the value they bring either!
    strathkin said:

――♫♪♫♪♪———————————————————————————————————————————————————
    I'm respectful and fine if they limited Celestial Coins (max per day/account) to 18, 24, or even 30 as a compromise. So do you login to 30 and quickly pray, so it's done, or focus on 15 to pray 6x each; that's up to you. They could even limit Arden Coin's to 50% the value of (the Celestial) as they only grant 1 each day, so you have to choose which Character's are most important!

That might allow to reduce cost for Potion to 1, so earning one each day, on the Character's you play most!
    ――――――――――――――――――――

It's why I also revised the 18 Celestial Coins (max per day/per account) to be increased to 24 representing 12 Characters, or even 30 represents playing 15. Or possibly 9, 12, or 15 Ardent (max per day/per account) -- that's not my call, that ultimately is up to Cryptic they could say 40 Celestial / 20 Ardent (max) per account.

They may also do something completely different as well... ...still I only hope any reductions, result in slight improvements to blessings as well--that was the hope of the OP here. o:)
  • Options
    So what you are saying is other people get an advantage that I don't take advantage of, therefore change? OK...
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Don't change invocation or celestial coffers except to remove the useless gems :/
  • Options
    edited August 2022

What the point to keep system which do not reward players, and only those who have hordes of alts?

The Zen backlog essentially began when players realized it was more profitable to sell Zen items directly on the trade house at marked up prices to then be able to buy more of what they want rather than selling Zen for AD and buying less of what they want.
    So you assuming that ZAX backlog started due that, most of Neverwinter playerbase where brain dead, and then few got miraculous enlightenment. Realize that they can make more AD by selling ZEN store items in AH.

While yeah some did that, but reality is that did not cause backlog in ZAX. Such actions where contributing like 10~15% of all ZAX backlogs.

Also you realize how market goes, more same item available = it's value decline.

Good example look to Legendary mounts, now you can easy buy fro 250~300k AD in AH.
    Before mounts become account wide, you where lucky if you could find legendary mount with 1kk price tag.

You want to know what actually caused all ZAX backlog? That's easy, the main reason for all zax backlogs is glitch explotations. Not one but systematical glitch explotation through all these years.

First lets talk about glitch in old days, the AH glitch, with which players where making easy AD in high sums. This glitch where so severe that game dev/publishers perfromed server Roll back.
    You read that right, Server roll back. Such any game publisher such action is considered like as desperate measures. That's why only in very very rare casese publishers would do that. So realize severity of problem was done due that glitch.

Now does such action removed all these free AD's from game? Nop. As far I know lot of players manage get away unpunished while still in possesion of high sums of AD.

So what you do then with these all AD gained via glitch? The answer is buy assets, like refinament realated materials from wondrous bazaar, or simply throw AD to ZAX, get ZEN, buy enchanted keys, open lockboxes, gain mounts, artefacts, companions, then sell them via AH.

Up till mod 10, most of companions/mounts and even artefacts where coing from Lockboxes not from chest as loot.
    Then once you stockpile assets, you sell in righ time, making more AD. Then grab as many spare ZEN available in ZAX, and reapeat task.

But that's not all, bellow I add two other good examples which everyone know. Yet they are not only ones, there are more examples.

Lets talk about mod 6, Elemental Evil campaing release. At that time is normal to see how one nonstop stream of bots farming enchantment rank 5 in Reclamation Rock.
    There where even times that where non instance you could not see bot. It was so obvious.
    Now why enchantments rank 5?
    In past we used old refine/upgrade system, which in addition to other materials required same type and rank enchantments as catalist.

You want upgrade from rank 5 to rank 6, mark of potency, then I can't remember we used unity or balance marks, and then required one rank 5 enchantment of same type.
    To upgrade from rank 6 to rank 7, you needed 2 same type rank 6 enchantments. And max rank where 10. Also in that time, it was harder to build up refinepoints, so converting stack of rank 5 enchantments during x2 proffesion event was normal thing. That's why bots farmed them nonstop. And during x2 refinaments event, you could not find any stack of them.

Now lets also talk about old Neverwinter web API, the Gateway. With which you could access characters proffesions, mail, inventory, and AH.

The legacy ( pre mod 15) proffesions had task: Leadership. more less this task crafted AD for you.
    Now via Gateway you don't even need log in to game, you can craft, buy/sell or send stuffs via mail. I know players who had over 50 accounts which via Gateway famed AD. That's not 50 alt chracters, but 50 accounts.

You stack up AD, then buy something from AH, send that item via mail to your main account. Or buy stuffs from wondrous bazzar and send to main account. Both way worked just fine..

Now with mod 7, VIP got introduced. Now as quick reminder, the chances to get mount/companions or artefacts where higher.
    However the quantaty of enchanted keys being use where lesser.
    The x10 enchanted keys cost 1100 Zen. VIP cost 1k AD an you gain 1 key daily for 1 month. So you realize that due high quantaty of key being use, AH get flood with stuffs from Lockboxes, thats why devs had to adjust( nerf) chances to get valuable items.

Which in short eliminate casual players, cuz with 10 keys, good luck to get something.
    Now at that moment some "clever" players started advocate, lets increase ZAX exchange rates and problem get solved.. So from 500 for 1 zen get chaged to 700AD for 1 zen.. Did it helped? Nop. That only solidify backlog, and gathered all in few players hands.

Thats when also we start to hear about that 1% controling game.

Now also to bring other thing, like that at mod 7 and mod 8, there where still some legacy gear, from pre mod 6. Like warlocks Accursed diabolic set
    2 Piece Bonus: +450 Recovery
    4 Piece Bonus: Your encounter powers trigger Hellfire on foes. Hellfire last 6 seconds, and when it expires they take 3% of their Max HP in damage (Max 2000 Max).
    Notes: Each tick of encounter powers (Dreadtheft and Blades of Vanquished Armies for example), produce a stack of Hellfire. Hellfire can stack up to 50 times. This will be a major source of your damage.

So players took that set in boss fight and melt bosses easily. Even during stronghold dragon flight time, One player alone could melt dragon within moment, trim HP to 5%, then do same to other three. THen other guild members only have to land finishing blows and claim rewards.

And I was there during that time. :)

From mod 8 till mod 14 where other various glitches, so I will not write them now. Maybe next time.

So we come to mod 14, the Barovia hunts. Also when we had massive player banning.

In Barovia hunts after you initiate hunt, the poster had to be removed from your inventory. However due glitch poster where not removed, and players could farming same hunt nonstop. More less everyone knew this glitch and almost everyone do exploited it at least once.
    Some went as far that exploited glitch during stream. Then devs decide that's enough and then mass ban occured. And while portion of playerbase got banned, lot of players still manage to security millions of AD with their alts.

Cuz up till mod 15, you could salvage epic and rare gear, in short exchange gear for AD.

But barovia hutns where not only thing, up till mod 15, there where players who even farmed dungeons and guild pvp. THe guild pvp in SH quest reward with blood rubby, which gives some of Refine points. but up till mod 15, the cheapest one in AH costed 50k.

Also dungeon hunt, it was normal thig to do with multi client. I was part of guild at that module. There where paldin who was using multi client all time. Farmind guild pvp, dungeons. I was even in his parties..

Due leagacy Oath Paldin healing powers and legacy campaing boons>

Your healing spells have a chance to burn enemies near the target for up to 2000 Radiant damage.
    https://neverwinter.fandom.com/wiki/Burning_Guidance

When healing allies, your healing spells have a chance to damage up to 5 enemies near the target for up to 4000/5000/6000 damage.
    https://neverwinter.fandom.com/wiki/Healing_Warmth

More less paladin with alt paladins just walking through dungeon where melting enemies and also healing himself.. You could run few bots in background to follow main character and just keep healing powers up. That's was enough to clear 90% of all game dungeons.

At that time he also exploited barovia hunts, and some of his alts got banned.. So sad, qQQ.. pff what a joke. He lost 3 accounts, yet his other 6 accounts still secured all his AD and stuffs.. All these 6 accounts by average had 20 mil AD.

in mid of mod 14, he left game but before that he gifted me, Adamantine Crucible, a legendary crafting tool.. Up till mod 15, you where lucky if found this Adamantine Crucible for 50 mil AD. And for hims, as he said, it's just a POCKET money.
    Through all his alt ( excluding main) he easily had over 100mil AD.

And he was not only one who was doing such activities.

The main backlogs issues always where various glitch explotations. But everyone avoid to talk about it, due inconvenience.

Since old days, till now there is one non writen rule in this game. You find glitch, and if it's beneficial you exploit it as much you can. If someone try make comment in forum that this is glitch, you try portrait that it's not a glitch or it's not harmfull. In short secure glitch, till you make suficient profit.
    There where even saying> You do not exploit glitches = you do not play this game.

The invocation system rewards ANY player that takes part in it, not just players with more characters. If you only want to play 1-2 characters does that mean everyone else should be limited to 1-2 characters? Not at all, that's ridiculous.

Account bound items don't work like that, they are bound to that specific account.

The system really isn't flawed, it's like the lottery, the more tickets you get the more chances you have to win. Get two tickets, you get two chances to win. Get 10 tickets, 10 chances to win, etc. On top of that, just because you get more tickets doesn't mean you win more. Just think about all the people that bought one or a few lottery tickets and won the jackpot compared to those that play it daily and STILL haven’t won the jackpot…

Do you play with 50 alts? Have you locked to plasticbats linked content? That guy opened high quantity of celestial boxes and how many wards he manage to pull out.. Do you realize the chances for player who have like 8 alts

Sure it's lotery, but you realize that 50+ alts having player have way higher chances than that of who have like up to 8.
    And considering that developers had to adjust drop rates due massive quantaties of alts where farming wards.

Now one thing I want to be clear, I would be suprised if there would no one wrote coment like you did. In short it was Expected that someone wrote such message as what you wrote. Nothing new in this part at all, there will be always some players who want to maintain status quo, all due convenience.

But now I would ask you, what the point to repeat same mistake?

Lot of times problems in Neverwinter where fixed in manner to please those who abused game isues. How it ended up? Sure it please these players, but lets be honest, game got labeled as pay2win and no one want to stay here for longer time.

Neverwinter got put in same legue as ArcheAge when it had peak of Pay2win.
    So we want to keep that for sake to please few?

Your opinion doesn't determine why people want Coalescent Motes, nor does your "people don't need to farm them" determine whether people should be able to.

When you trade in a Mythic enchantment for an account wide, reclaimable, character bound enchantment, you can only reclaim ONE copy of it on the same/other characters on the account… If you want “x” of a specific enchantment, you have to trade in “x” Mythic ones and each one takes at least 4 Coalescent Motes.

Account wide mounts and companions are NOT all Mythic. If they are not mythic there is STILL room to upgrade them, do you have to upgrade them, no, though you will not gain more stats/ilvl without doing so. Furthermore, upgrading one account wide mount/companion does NOT upgrade it for all characters on the account. Tokens cost time, trade bars and or AD to get.

Some farm ward to upgrade own toon and once max out, then done. Some farm to stockpile them for future, some play market.
    Also I know how enchantment system work. But tell me do you think one player instnatly max out like multiple enchantments in same day? Be real, thats not happen so fast.

Now as mount/companions.. Get 10 mythic account wide mounts for your main, and you gain 100% mount boister for all alts. Cuz 1 mythic mount = 10% mount boister. Even without 10 mythic mounts it's not a problem. Legendary gives 5%,. 10 legendary are counted in, 50% mount boister in total. The current prices for epics is very low, so get them is easy, 10 epic mount =30%. boister increase.

Same is about companions.

Also best way to upgrade mount/companions always where and will be when there is active Tarmalune trade bar discount event. And usually before that it's Astral lockbox event, where players buy/sell Astral lockboses with AD and farm Tarmalune Trade bars..

I am familiar with progress in this game, have you forgot, I play here too. :)

The adjustment ended up as punishing casual players who have few alts. And rewarding players who have multiple acconts dedicated to farm invocations.

strathkin said:

Example:

You both make the claims of the system punishing players that don’t have a lot of characters and or wanting to actually punish those that invested in multiple characters…

Do you also want the players with “x” amount of character slots to get a rebate on the Zen spent for them? Didn’t see that anywhere in any of the posts against those with multiple characters... Removing benefits of having multiple characters AFTER the fact is ACTUAL punishment.

Players can/do use the Coalescent Motes from Celestial Coffers to fund all types of things. Guild leaders can use them to fund prizes for contests, players can use them to fund items for a friend that just started to play, etc. Should those players be “punished” as you put it, simply because you don’t like players with more characters rightfully having more chances to get a Coalescent Mote from invoking?

So many people get so caught in up in wanting to grab the torches and pitchforks that they don’t care about all the people that they trample in the process. The selfishness is real…

When any x item gained too offten and exceed expectations, then chances to get them is adjusted.( nerfed).

Now, tell me how much is investment is player create multiple accounts yet these characters never steped out of protector enclave. Never done any dungeon or quest. All time where just siting in PE in invocation zone, and all time spent with them is > log in > Invoke >switch alt> invoke> switch> log out switch account. Repeat with other account..

What;s about when it where done with bot? So what kinf of "investment" you talk about? If there would be about 9 alts, there would be no problem at all.

But I talk about those who use multiple accounts just to farm invocation. See the difference.

If player use these alts and actually play game, I have no problem with that. And I would be up if there would be additional rewards for player who keep playing with these alts. A gift for loyalty and dedication. But I am highly against ones who abuse system in negative way, and I hate ones who try either deny or try mainain it, cuz it's convenient.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    The original OP suggested both a ordinary Invocation, as well as a Highest Blessing of the Gods.
    ╘ maybe a (0.5% - 0.7%) up to a 3% - 4.2% stacking chance each prayer.

Might it award a extra Potion of the God's, or alternatively a slightly better Gem? Not my call, still most be happy just seeing the old Refining Stones (updated) in fact.

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
    Still I believe the (vast) majority of players are very reasonable, with the # of Character's they create. I have no issues with those who might max characters on a single account. If they want to honestly rotate to another 57 characters (6x) a day, I've just known so many who did that even when limits were in the 30's, and they often burned out from that in 1, 2, or 3 years.

The real problem though, is those who do it on 2, 3, or more accounts, then parks character's in invocation zones, take this to the real extreme. I mean some even use Bots which is against Terms of Service. Yet Cryptic has tools though to root those out, as they can easily see who logs in with same IP address (on 2, 3, or more) accounts and then is just repeatedly praying multiple accounts from same IP address.

The real problem is those who park character's, or those who use Bot's which is against Terms of Service.
    ――――――――

Still I like the idea of limiting Celestial Coins / Arden Coins to a more reasonable limit (max per account / per day) be that 18, 24, 30 (Celestial) or 9/12/15 (Arden) Coins. That also might allow them to allow to consider the idea which I started this with as well. That would finally allow them to slightly improve the chances of a Coal dropping for everyone else, and would ensure 'everyone' is earning their more 'fair' share on character's they reasonably play each day/week, or at least play several times a month.

Example: Might be someone who has a PvP player they play on weekends.

You could still however, run Sybella's Missions on Character's that were adequately geared though, but as I said before that would take 15-25 Minutes to finish each quest, for each of the 2.

I pinged CM earlier (only cause I still think) this could work, and Cryptic will certainly have their own take on this... o:)