test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yester Hill - Barovia BHE Timer or Shorter Activation

erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
I know it's not the first time it was mentioned, but can you please do something for Big Heroic in Barovia? I know it's old content but whenever there is a legacy quest that requires finishing heroics in that area, people always wait really long time for it to happen. It's supposed to be activated once an hour but when there are 1-3 instances, you know it's only making things worse, as it's almost guarantee to wait there.

Have it happen once every 15 minutes, give us a way to manually active it (like shrines in Omu) or just add a timer to the area. It was already in the game when Tyranny of Dragons happened in leveling areas. "Dragon will return in: xx:xx" - "Yester Hill will be haunted in: xx:xx" or something like this... Surely it's not something that can't be done.
Tagged:

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    One hour from the time the last one ended. Same as in both Chult zones.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Yes, but in Barovia's case there is only 1 Big Heroic there so it's extra annoying. Soshenstar has this problem too, but there are 2 BHE's there and Omu BHE can be activated with talismans at shrines.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I don't see why they can't have a timer, the same as the dragon HE's in the old Tyranny zones. Having players stand around for an hour hoping it'll turn up sooner rather than later is just dumb.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Another option would be to activate it on fixed time, similar to the way it's done in the Well of Dragons. For DR it's xx:45, so maybe for Barovia's case it could be set on xx:30 or something. No matter the option, it should be done by now.
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    greywynd said:

One hour from the time the last one ended. Same as in both Chult zones.

And once people complete the bhe, they go elsewhere so anyone arriving afterwards has no way of knowing when the last one ended. Sure you can ask, but how many times does anyone actually respond?
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Icewind path is a constant problem. After waiting for the "bhe" knowing when it should start, the black ice one (that doesn't count as epic) pops. And that huge annoyance with logout/toon switching timer does not help.
    BHE in Icewind Dale is not that big of a problem as of late, as far as I can tell. Remorhaz worked before and works still but now there are two other bhe's there. One up north with Raiding the Camp and another closer to the beginning of the map - Prospectors. All of those count. It might take some time for any of them to appear but still - there are 3 of them. Barovia only has 1 and once an hour after the last one was done.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The Prospectors only counts if you get great success.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Another week of Barovia Heroics... and the same waiting game...
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    erevel09 said:

Another week of Barovia Heroics... and the same waiting game...

This has been a QoL request for YEARS, I doubt they will do anything about it.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
    Would be nice if they did though. How hard can it be to reduce the wait time between the heroics?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    erevel09 said:

Would be nice if they did though. How hard can it be to reduce the wait time between the heroics?

They broke the clock in Dread Ring. Do you really want to challenge them with something like a time adjustment?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Dread Ring has only demonics, which are not typical heroics anyway. Unless you mean the timers for dungeons/lairs there? It's not a big deal, it's the only map that has a diffrent reset times and for the most time it actually can benefit those who run it. Why even mention Dread Ring here?

Changing reset time for just one heroic in one map is not the same as changing reset time for the whole map. And yes, it should be adjusted by now.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

The Prospectors only counts if you get great success.

I think that there are two Prospectors HE's, one that requires 5 players and one that counts as the epic, which requires 10 players. The icon looks the same, the quests all look the same, and the end boss is the same. The only difference that I have been able to find is that it has the two different requirements for the number of people. If it is a 10 player HE, it counts.

There could be other differences that I haven't noticed, but I always look for the player requirement. I play it if it requires 10, and as far and I can tell, I always get credit for it as an epic.

Back to original post:

My personal preference--make YH activate similar to Dragonbone area--do a sufficient number of minor HE and then it should appear. Have a pie chart similar to River District so that you know how many more minors need to be completed before the Yester Hill will appear. It doesn't have to be three--it could be a few more since it doesn't take long to do five or six.

And I would appreciate something similar in Chult. Not that I want a bunch of minor HEs inserted in Chult, but at a minimum, a simple pie chart in the upper corner like the river district would be appreciated. Even if it is just a timer for the event, not something that can be bumped by the players.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Prospector Attack BHE 10+ Prospectors are mining black ice. Undead are attacking. As said above, it only counts as epic if you get Great Success. It used to always count until they fixed the other one.

Captured Prospectors 5+ Major HE. Prospectors are in cages and undead are guarding. Always counts as Major (as expected) It used to count as Epic When they patched that they broke the actual Epic as described above.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother