test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mythic & Legendary Insignia no longer stack

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
edited January 2022 in Bug Reports (PC)
Please tell me I am not the only player seeing this.
B)
Not sure about uncommon and rare and epic insigna of the same type and bind status not stacking but legendary and mythic most certainly can not.

This is something we should have made a bit more noise about during the preview, I noticed it but thought it would likely be ironed out in the final patch.
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

Comments

• sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    I'll add normal enchants as well. I had clean (with zero RP) enchants and runestones, after new mod, taking them from mail result in a full inv of enchs/stones, none of them stack!
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    Same problem with rare. it does not affect all insignias though as I had two different ones drop after mod 22 went live and only one of them would not stack with the others in my bank.

This effect happens a lot with all stackable items such as scrolls of mass life, scrolls of life, preservation wards, coal wards (motes now), retraining tokens and food items (includes unbound items and all bound type items)

I still have old unbound and btc pumpkin soup, watermelon sorbet and squash soup (these are the old ones but from different years so they do not stack and the new ones obviously do not stack with them either)

• dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    I opened three character bound epic insignia boxes today that came from the chult campaign reward claim. I chose three identical ones, and those do stack.

Clarification for the thread subject: we are talking about the items stacking when they are held in the inventory. Any items of the same type and bind status should stack.

Since this seems to not apply to all sources of insignias, if you know where your insignia came from, can you list if it stacks and where it came from?
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

This effect happens a lot with all stackable items such as scrolls of mass life, scrolls of life, preservation wards, coal wards (motes now), retraining tokens and food items (includes unbound items and all bound type items)

Indeed,
    for years there have been problems with many stackable items of the same type and bind staus that can not be stacked with each other like you say, I can only guess there is somewhere in the code for every file a flag that maybe over time became obsolete, that exists on some older files but not new versions of the same item. this has been happening for a long time.. IIRC it started getting bad around the time undermountain was new.

This problem with insignias not stacking any more was on preview and went live but when fixing this ,possibly they could take a look at all the other many stackable items that have this bug.

In response to a recent thread on this subject... currently no insignias (and other items) of the same type and bind status will stack .. not just insignias from the new lockbox.

@nitocris83
  • shaidarharan#4754 shaidarharan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have many leg insignias that after M22 were actually in a stack, but upon equipping unequipping them, no longer stacked. I tested another stack by splitting in my inventory, and they would not restack. A lot of them are from the same source, that pit event, even so, no more stacking. Gotta say it's hugely inconvenient, went from 7 inventory spots to a good bit over 20. I haven't even geared up a tank, cause those insignias are nicely stacked atm.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for reporting folks - I'll check up on this issue.
  • dlwright62#9885 dlwright62 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    it gets worse if they are stacked and you transfer bank to inventory bag they unstack:)

Thanks for reporting folks - I'll check up on this issue.

Thanks for the reply, any news on this?

• hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    It appears that they have been making a deliberate effort to change the item ID of items with similar labels/appearance based on the source of the item. eg. Event versions, Zen purchased versions, lockbox versions, dungeon chest versions to better distinguish the creating data/source of the item for upgrades and exchange purposes. This doesn't explain the stacked items of one item ID becoming unstacked when transferred from bank to bag, but does cover why potions from VIP do not stack with identical potions made in the workshop as an example. There are various reasons for this design approach, but identical item ID items should still have the same stacking traits as the similar item ID.

good post.. item ID of course.

that explains it much better and why nothing much has ever been done about it.

that would be a big job to fix
    edited March 2022
    I noticed that 2 recently bought mythic insignias from the zen choice pack (barbed brutality) do actually stack with each other while others ( I have 3x enlightened brutality (same bind status)) that can not be stacked.

This was reported several times from the test server as mod 22 went live..

It seems to me that each item generates an item ID when purchased, extracted from a choice pack, dropped from a chest, lockbox etc and that variable determines if that item can ber stacked with other identical items of the same bind state.. this also seems to be a case of ignore your free beta testers at your own peril. B)

now the same problem still exists and is still being sidelined also on the consoles.

Another example was the acc bound,Wonderous Bazar bought coalecent mote that could not be stacked with other acc bound coalecent motes. Some Preservation wards.. same problem.

@nitocris83